This is normal, right?

NorthernCosmos

Having seen many a thread about males and hermies, I thought I'd just check that this one is straight up female (it produces huge juicy colas).

These hairs + calyx (?) constellations were to be found at most major nodes. To me it looks like singular buds with calyx and emerging pistils. However, some of those buds (?) were without any pistil, and inside there was a tiny dark thing, smaller than the head of a pin - could be a pistil that hasn't developed and emerged yet?

Wilma_sex_1.JPG

1587729924109.jpeg

Naw more of a sign of hermie. I'd pick any that have stems and don't sit flat on the plant. What's the story with the plant? Is it a reveg and was previously flowered. Tell more about the plant and where you are at with your plan

The plant is a White Widow auto that I chopped yesterday at day 89 (ref. the journal linked to in my signature).

At one point, 50 days ago, when these plants were 40 days old, I had nanners on an older plant in the same tent, link here. I got that plant out of the tent before the nanners opened, and I never saw any pollen except for inside the the one nanner I opened to inspect - perhaps that inspection, or the subsequent drying of the plant in a box the same room as the tent, was enough to let a few grains of pollen loose to find their way into the tent? I've no idea of how critical that can be or not.

I did wipe down the tent and equipment after the nanner affair. If it's indeed pollen from those nanners that are haunting my grow, how long will it be before they die off or become inactive?

Pollen from the original nanners would cause seeds not more nanners in my mind. What I would think is something is causing these plants to hermie. Either genetics (same strain/breeder) or something environmental light leaks but if they are autos I am guessing genetics. Just my thoughts

The nanners on the previous plant were not at the nodes, but smack in the middle of the colas, whereas these loners are only on "naked" nodes. I've also had some varying colourful leaves/buds on some of the plants grown from seed from the same seed bank. The produce is fine every time though, so no losses on that front.

So yes, it's hopefully only some genetics variation, and not a pollen infestation. Thank you for the assessment! :)

The nanners on the previous plant were not at the nodes, but smack in the middle of the colas, whereas these loners are only on "naked" nodes. I've also had some varying colourful leaves/buds on some of the plants grown from seed from the same seed bank. The produce is fine every time though, so no losses on that front.

So yes, it's hopefully only some genetics variation, and not a pollen infestation. Thank you for the assessment! :)

I've had a few plants that put a calyx in random places like that. Freaks me out every time. Had it happen recently on a green crack auto, and it had been a good while since I'd been witness to it. I was pretty nervous, but penny and jack talked me off the ledge. :rofl:

That one lone one that has that tiny bit of stem, maybe that's a hair different than the others. I'd pick it off. I also tend to pick them all off anyway. Not because they would hurt anything, but as those show up when the plant is close to done, I figure why let the plant waste any energy on them. Not to mention you really can't dry/cure them very easily, and you might get what, 2 bowls out of them all? If I don't pluck them, or I miss seeing them entirely (like in the middle of the plant), they just end up staying on the branch and out to the compost bin.

Back
Top Bottom