My first grow and its a girl!! just a few questions,plz help

saxxon413

ive got pistils!! lol although they are very small right now,i am 100% positive i see them,comming from the nodes are teeny tiny green bumps (obviously calyx) with the pistils sticking out,the pistils are quite thin though right now,almost like strands of hair,but they are there and i do see then clearly,a bit to small to catch with my camera though. the pics i posted below were just taken this morning,i just had a few questions,although im seeing pistils now could my plant still develop sacks and become hermie? and i do realize this whole growing process is a long one at that,i have plenty of patience,but i was just wondering how long it would be from this point would it be before i start to see a little "budding"?? thanks for any additional comments and info =]

20130906_091319.jpg

20130906_091440.jpg

20130906_091402.jpg

20130906_091411.jpg

well its been on 12/12 for a little over 2 weeks now,and no idea what strain,its just a seed from a bag of random dank,i havent gotten a seed in the longest time and it was from some rly dank shit so i jumped at the chance,and im using 3 26watt cfl bulbs.

If you can clearly see pistils now then the only way she will be hermie is if you stress her out, e.g. by messing with her light cycles or heat stresses. the budding will start over the next couple of weeks you will notice the nodes start to tighten up and the new growth starts to look very "bud like". It will also go through a bit of a stretch once the pistils become prominent. Keep those cfls as close as you can without burning her and if you can get some higher wattage warm white globes. Make sure she is getting absolutely no light leaks during her dark period or she will try to be a he.
what nutes are you/will you be using?

yes SWvoodoo i clearly see pistils,im 100% positive,and i was careful when i set everything up,theres absolutely no light leaks what so ever,and the guy that commented after you mentioned it may be indica dominant,your thoughts?

That is definitely an indica.

Just make sure you NEVER disturb the "night" cycle. Never let light go in there for even a few seconds.

If you are doing it right then soon enough it will begin to flower.

yeah ive been very carefull with that,it sees no light from 8pm-8am,i do sometimes take it out during the light period to mist it,this is ok right? and should i worry about topping? i dont rly have any hight limitations and it hasnt seemed to have grown much taller the past few days anyway.

Ok im of 2 minds about those questions. Half of me is saying under fluros I want to get as close as I can to get the most of the light so therefore I would top it and bend it and get it as flat and as close to as many fluros as I can. But you don't have that kind of growth time if you do all that under12/12 you will simply stunt the hell out of it and get those 2 blunts worth off it. But get a butt load of light on that baby(sides and top) put some TOP quality nutrients on it and you have some potential there for a nice little first plant foray into growing man. Trust me mine were much worse attempts!
Yeh definately indica dominant generally shorter, bushier, slower growing, faster/earlier flowering I think is the story with indis.
Sorry I forgot to mention on that hermie thing. It can be a genetic trait passed down from the parent plant especially when taken from bagseed. Generally you get bag seed from your weed which is taken from hydro setups with no males so therefore the seed must be from a female that has pollinated itself with its own male flowers. In saying that bagseed is all I have and it works.
am I ranting?

Back
Top Bottom