Help - Leaf deformity problems

NewThumb16

Hi im a 1st time grower and I've come across a problem with funny shaped, discolored leaves on 1 plant. and also an upward cupping shape on another. can any 1 tell me what I'm dealing with?
2016-02-04_10_52_44.jpg
2016-02-04_10_51_48.jpg

Hi NewThumb16,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of folks that gathers here! :welcome:

I found your pics and can see the discoloration but didn't immediately notice any cupping on the leaves. Not comfortable offering a suggestion on the cause of the discoloration without some info on your grow environment. Could you provide some details, in particular, on the type of soil your using? Also, any chance of getting clearer, higher definition pic? I'm sure no one wants to suggest a remedy without being very sure of the cause.

Be well and happy growing!

Hey TanR thanks for the reply.. I'm growing in 4'9 x 4'9 x 6x7 grow lab tent.. 600wtt light, ph is at 6.8- 7.0. Started clones out in vermifire, but jus did a transplant into 3 gallon pots and switched to Happy Frog yesterday. The issues with the leaves were prior to transfer though. also when i did transfer the ppm runoff water of soil was is the 2000s range when usually it would be in the 400s, will that be an problem? tried to take better pics, hope they work..

20160204_121907.jpg
20160204_121802.jpg
20160204_121733.jpg

NewThumb16, I haven't grown in vermifire, but have read some say that it's kind of hot and wondering if that might not be where the issue started and now that you've transplanted, perhaps (hopefully) where it ends. Since the ppm's were so high when you transplanted, can't help wonder if this isn't just nitrogen burn caught early.

I suspect you watered thoroughly at transplant as you mention runoff, but wondering your thoughts on flushing the heck out of them as precaution?

yea vermifire is very hot. that was a big mistake to start off in smh. I went to my local hydro store to ask if i should flush and they advised me that i should be fine. they said new soil is going to have a high run off ppm and that plant will only use what it needs, but to keep an eye on it. I'm confused. but i thought i should flush to

Understand and certainly respect your choice not to flush at this time. You can always flush thoroughly later if you continue to see issues.

Be well and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom