Help: Lower leaves drooping, 4 week old auto

By the way... just to keep you calm... A wet/dry cycle in a 5 gallon container could easily be 4-6 days. Be patient...

thnks again emilya for ur help and patience! i love ur moto of life in ur signature, learning about life from a weed.
btw ive been giving nutes (grow nutes only) since the begining, since thats the requirements for the soil im using. im using a soil which is specially made to be completely ph nuetral, and has very little nutes inside on its own, so that the grower will have full control using their own nutes or substances to fix up the soil, and not have to worry about what ph the soil is to start with....
i know the most optimal for me would be to make a real organic self nurturing soil, but in the meantime this step seemed second to best, that way i use this neutral soil, which is a mix of earth, perlite, verm, and cocoa, together with bottled organic nutes, which are much more gentle to the plant than chemical nutes. hopefullly in the future, i could get to enjoy making a real organic compost soil....

in any case, thats why ive been giving nutes form the begining, and gently building up amount while watching plants response.
this approach is what the nute company writes to do (biobizz) when using the type of "LITE" soil that im using.
also ive seen it succesfull on all the previous grows up till now, so i dont think its wahts hurting the jamaican berry...

ill focus on the dry/wet cycle, and patience. lets see what happens. i guess i need to keep a real watering log written down to help me remember when she was last watered. when u start having a few different sized plants in different sized containers and different sections of their growth, it gets confusing remembering who was watered when...

thnks again emilya for ur help and patience! i love ur moto of life in ur signature, learning about life from a weed.
btw ive been giving nutes (grow nutes only) since the begining, since thats the requirements for the soil im using. im using a soil which is specially made to be completely ph nuetral, and has very little nutes inside on its own, so that the grower will have full control using their own nutes or substances to fix up the soil, and not have to worry about what ph the soil is to start with....
i know the most optimal for me would be to make a real organic self nurturing soil, but in the meantime this step seemed second to best, that way i use this neutral soil, which is a mix of earth, perlite, verm, and cocoa, together with bottled organic nutes, which are much more gentle to the plant than chemical nutes. hopefullly in the future, i could get to enjoy making a real organic compost soil....

in any case, thats why ive been giving nutes form the begining, and gently building up amount while watching plants response.
this approach is what the nute company writes to do (biobizz) when using the type of "LITE" soil that im using.
also ive seen it succesfull on all the previous grows up till now, so i dont think its wahts hurting the jamaican berry...

ill focus on the dry/wet cycle, and patience. lets see what happens. i guess i need to keep a real watering log written down to help me remember when she was last watered. when u start having a few different sized plants in different sized containers and different sections of their growth, it gets confusing remembering who was watered when...

I have a piece of masking tape affixed to all of my containers and on this tape I keep each individual log of things happening to the plant... when i water, when a bad leaf pops up, when i pinch, when I repot... it really helps to have that record right in front of you sometimes.

Hi All,sorry if ive hijacked the thread but ive got the same problem and looking for some answers to a few questions aimed at Emilya.Thanks in advance.
Short version.Growing from seed Big Kush ,in siol,seeds popped after 3 days on 29th Dec,thats when i started making mistakes.Instead of going in small single cups ,put them in 3ltr pots and ended up overwatering them,thought ide put them in the big pots,15ltrs, to attempt to solve the problem ,it got worse cos i didnt let them dry out overloving them almost killed them cos i kept on watering them a little at a time and overwatered them even more.In an attempt to salvage the mess ide made,i put them back in the 3 ltr pots and they perked up.Put them back in the 15 ltr pots and left them 3 days to hope they picked up,They were all droopy,i read as much as i could to get help,came across this post,and went and watered them with gusto 3 days ago.They all picked up amazingly,and the stunted growth now appears to have moved on and theres growth again.But as per your posting,a lot of the bottom leaves are yellow and some of the tips of the leaves likewise.I am a newby, this being my 4th grow,the last one i had a hermie which pollonated all my other plants,so ive had my share of issues.My questions.
I think that when flipping to flower and a 12-12 routine,is when the plants look ready at a reasonable height at around 4 weeks.Now when does one start the count ,from when i cracked them from seeds 29th dec ?or when they look a reasonable height,which now because of the stunted growth with the overwatering issues,has now delayed.Piont being that because they stunted growth itsgonna b around the 6 week mark i expect,so is that ok ?.
Secondly,my last plants were ruined by a hermie,they were all grown from fem seeds,like these ones, and,ended full of seeds,this growing is a massive learning curve . Ive taken as many precautions as i can to prevent that again, the main one open my eyes properly and take action when one sees something odd,i seen it begin to flower whilst all others in veg .I have bought as an insurance policy,a product to spray onto the the plants the day one flips to 12-12 into flower,to help prevent this happening again,but it specifically says do not spray on plants that are stressed.Now mine have been,but im hoping in about 10 days ish,they will be ok.Is it safe to spray them or not ?.haven,t mention the product name as not sure on the rules there.Im thinking i need to resolve all my problems in veg and they b in good shape b4 i flip into flower,so is there any time limit on veg time?
Any advice gladly accepted

Forgot to mention,that as a result of the overwatering,i ended up with a fungus nat problem,i dealt with that with yellow cards everywhere and a spray from my local growshop ,but i guess they helped stunt the plants growth aswell

Hi Robione, Lots of issues here, lets take them one by one.
Fungus gnats... diatomaceous earth is your solution there, and I find a layer of mulch on top of the soil also helps to keep them away.
Overwatering by watering too often... sounds like you have this one solved and have figured out the lift method. This drying out between waterings will also help with the gnat problem.
Secret flowering spray... never heard of such a thing. There is to my knowledge no spray that can guarantee against hermi. I am very skeptical about this. There are no rules about mentioning the name of the spray, just don't provide a link.
Regarding the count... I do several counts... from seed popping to the surface till whenever I decide to flip is veg, and that can go however long I want it to with photoperiod plants, typically 1.5-2 months. Then I start a count on the day I flip to 12/12... and that count for the flip goes 7-10 days, until I see that buds have formed on all the growth tips. On that day I begin the count of the bloom period, starting day one right there. This count usually gives me the most accurate estimate of flowering time and I usually fall very close to the breeder's recommendation.

Thank you Emilya,for taking time to help me,its much appreciated.Yep,on the lift method,lots better.The product is called Switch-by Optic foliar,which is applied mixed with a transport.I bought it in the hope that it may help to prevent hermies and also to help my plants enter the flowering stage.i guess you may have a little look at it,give me an opinion if u do.I know its not gonna guarantee anything ,but after my last disaster,one is willing to try anything which may help because it was soul destroying to find seeds everywhere in my plants.Now the counts info u have given is great,im going to inwardly digest that,and refer to it along the way.One last question on watering.I watered 21st,25th today,most getting light now but a few heavys so not all drinking at the same rate.Whats the best solution there ?
Thanks again for your help

Thank you Emilya,for taking time to help me,its much appreciated.Yep,on the lift method,lots better.The product is called Switch-by Optic foliar,which is applied mixed with a transport.I bought it in the hope that it may help to prevent hermies and also to help my plants enter the flowering stage.i guess you may have a little look at it,give me an opinion if u do.I know its not gonna guarantee anything ,but after my last disaster,one is willing to try anything which may help because it was soul destroying to find seeds everywhere in my plants.Now the counts info u have given is great,im going to inwardly digest that,and refer to it along the way.One last question on watering.I watered 21st,25th today,most getting light now but a few heavys so not all drinking at the same rate.Whats the best solution there ?
Thanks again for your help
Very interesting product, and I just read all the reviews talking about male flowers falling off... lol, I remain skeptical. I would be very interested to hear the results of this though as I am looking for ways to supplement my plants at this stage too.
Regarding all the plants not needing water at the same time... this is very normal in a room with several plants, especially across different varieties... but it is still important to only water each plant when it has become light and needs that water. You will find times when all the plants are within a day of each other and it makes sense to just "water the room" and try to get them all in sync... but it doesn't always work out. In flower, after stretch, the watering rules change and this will no longer be an issue anyway.

Back
Top Bottom