Help me in flower

RookieMistake

My plant has been growing about 50 days and this is what I have, any help towards having a healthy flower will be appreciated. I'm growing strawberry blue strain and have been hesitant to put it in flower I have it under a 200watt bulb because I started very amateurish.. what are recommendations for switching bulbs I just got a new 1000watt HPS bulb(and set up) that I'd like to use

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1369806506.jpg
this is one of them I'll upload some more of the bottom leaves, it's my first grow I haven't used any nutes yet and have a 600 and a 1000 watt hps that I'm going to switch to from the bulbs I have now which are shitty but seem to be doing the job

hi
1st what strain is it? auto or photo ?

If it is auto, they will flower when ready, if not, you need to change light cycle to 12 hrs dark 12 hrs light. and you can use your HPS, remember it produces heat, so it needs to be further away from plants than your light bulbs.

I'd start it under the HID right away.

Keep it 30 inches above the plant.

Maybe keep the ballast power reduced for a brief transition period before going full power

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

Those strawberry blue ladies are mostly sativa so be careful they don't get too big on you!

Depending on the height of your enclosure, you would probably be smart to try some "LST" (GENTLY tying down the tallest branches to even out the canopy)

They are already looking pretty lanky and these are going to stretch 2-3 times their size after flipping.

I think they could use some nutes and flipping very soon.

Those strawberry blue ladies are mostly sativa so be careful they don't get too big on you!

Depending on the height of your enclosure, you would probably be smart to try some "LST" (GENTLY tying down the tallest branches to even out the canopy)

They are already looking pretty lanky and these are going to stretch 2-3 times their size after flipping.

I think they could use some nutes and flipping very soon.

How would you recommend I use the nutes? I have a soil called happy frog that's pretty good I'm just a little cautious of nute burn, I've read a lot about using maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of what it says on the bottle

hi
1st what strain is it? auto or photo ?

If it is auto, they will flower when ready, if not, you need to change light cycle to 12 hrs dark 12 hrs light. and you can use your HPS, remember it produces heat, so it needs to be further away from plants than your light bulbs.

They are not auto flower, they are female plants I ordered the seeds feminized. These specifically are one seed strawberry blue and the other is special k

How would you recommend I use the nutes? I have a soil called happy frog that's pretty good I'm just a little cautious of nute burn, I've read a lot about using maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of what it says on the bottle

I would use the manufacturer website and go with what they recommend.

They have a nice looking nutrient calculator.

I wouldn't hesitate to try the exact strength they recommend but do not feed every time. To keep yourself out of trouble, I think a good plan is to feed, water, water, feed, water, water.

Note that you only pictured 2 parts of the 3 part formula. You are missing the "grow".

Also note that there are 4 other nutes recommended in the "hobbyist" grower level. I'd add those too. All at the manufacturers recommended dose.

I am really not even qualified to give this advice so you may get better responses from others but what I stated above is where I'd be starting!

I am doing about the same thing... with the same soil... except using General Hydroponics nutes .

420-magazine-mobile2085916163.jpg

How is this looking? I recently switched the light to flower.. unfortunately my ballast stopped working and so I'm running 3 200w bulbs

Re: 1st grow just looking for advice on flower..

I would lower my nute strength but would continue feeding bloom nutes. You have some nute burn on the leaf tips but your plant will still need nutes.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Re: How do these look? growing recommendations. First grow!

-Leaves are straight and perfectly green to me.
-No discoloration, patterns or spots.
-Tips are barely yellow - means that you haven't overfed them. (Overwatering and overfeeding is the most common mistake begginers do)

-Node spacing looks a little too big for me. I assume that this is Sativa - they tend to stretch as seedlings. Light distance and type are a possible causes.

Is this the 5th-6th week of flowering?

Not an expert, but read a LOT about the science of hurticulture.
Your girls look as healthy as it gets.
Very nice, my friend.

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

Back
Top Bottom