Should I use my mh for first bit of flowering

EZGUNZ82

Hey total noob here lookin for some help. Is it a good idea to use my mh bulb for the first week or two of flowering before switching to the hps? Any help would be much appreciated.

They say MH is better for vegging as it puts out a different spectrum of light. So, if you are still vegging, go for it. As you probably know, the HPS is better for flowering... since you have the option, I would just go w/the HPS when you throw them into 12/12.

Thx a lot for the input cap'n. Ya I did a bit of reading and it does seem like most people just switch straight to the hps when flowerin, but i also read that during the first few weeks of flower the plant still like to grow a lot and it might be a good idea to use the halide for the first week or two. I have been veggin 8 clones under a 400 watt halide on a 24 hour light caycle for almost 3 weeks now just gettin ready to throw em into flower.

I know people ( me included) that run an MH for the first few weeks of flowering to help slow down the stretch. I will sometimes finish them up under the MH too.... I am still a fan of the mixed spectrum's though and prefer to run both MH and HPS in the flower room....

Thx for the help irie. So running the mh for the first part of flower stops the stretch huh? thats always good. you also say that you finish them with the mh hmm interesting. I guess I sould mention im usin soil i dunno if that would make a difference.

I used a MH at the start of my flowering cycle this run, and noticed a difference in how much strech the plants had. It made them a bit more compact, I used the MH bulb for the first 2 weeks. I will say i only used it to try to stop the strech, so if you dont have to worry about that....

Ok thx larry i think im gonna go with the mh for the first week then switch to the hps Im sure it couldnt hurt.

Well Irie i checked some of your photos and from what I saw im mos def doin whatever your doin lol. So 2 weeks with the mh and then I'll throw in the hps bulb. Can you tell me why you might wanna end the flower with the mh?

I know people ( me included) that run an MH for the first few weeks of flowering to help slow down the stretch. I will sometimes finish them up under the MH too.... I am still a fan of the mixed spectrum's though and prefer to run both MH and HPS in the flower room....

I also run both, and pretty much do as Be IRIE does.

DD

Man this site kicks ass thx to everyone for the help im sure my babies will turn out nice. I think im gonna go with the first 2 weeks and the last week of flower with the mh.

Back
Top Bottom