Help me please: 4 weeks, nutrient burn or lack of K?

Apologies, I'm a little late to the party. My 5c, and to reiterate the advice you've already received...

They're hungry. But this isn't a big problem. Far easier to correct than over feeding. It's difficult to advise you on the PPM level you want. If you are running a hyper aerated temperature controller res, you want your ppm a little lower - I do, and aim for 250-350ppm at this stage. Roots take up nutrient far more efficiently when the reservoir is kept at the ideal temperature (18c-21c) and you are blasting the water with oxygen at all times. If you are not using a chiller, and/or aren't using a powerful pump you can increase you nutrient strength. But even then, personally, I wouldn't exceed 450-500ppm. There are many factors that determine your ideal nutrient strength, environments first and foremost, but then of course the plant itself.

The only time i'd be looking to bump it up is when you commence flowering, and then again a little around half way through.

If you start to see yellowing/browning/crisping/twisting of the lower leaves, this could be an indication that you have a root problem. I'd recommend adapting one of two practises when growing DWC
- Sterile - Using H202 (No point in using beneficials, H202 will kill them)
- Beneficials - Using beneficials (you cannot use H202 here)

Roots are always my first priority, in particular when growing in DWC. Happy roots, Happy plant, Happy yield.

That being said, if you are unable to regulate the temperature of your res (you do not have a chiller), I would highly recommend something like Hydroguard or z7 is an alternative i believe. It's expensive, but will help keep your roots nice and healthy. I never like advising people to spend money, but I make an exception with Great White and Hydroguard.

:peace:
I boosted up the nutrients like everyone recommended here, and they became very healthy and green lol. And growing new heathy roots too. I do use a chiller, temp at around 19-22C. And the pump I’m using is 40L/min for two DWCs. I’m still learning on the way and I’m trying to figure out a way to clean the water pipes of the chiller. (Adding 3ml/L of 3% H2O2 to see if they’ll be cleaner lol)

47FCE746-E573-421C-8CFB-F6877BA6674C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom