help me with my clone machine timer question please

calipurps

so I started a grow and I decided to build a diy aero cloner and I did everthing right it is setup ready to go but I wanted to get a timer that was suppose to do the 1minute on 1 minute off but there was none in stock so I had to settle with the digital timer for now its a gro1 115v duel outlet digital timer with 16 events per day how can I set it up for my system ????

so I started a grow and I decided to build a diy aero cloner and I did everthing right it is setup ready to go but I wanted to get a timer that was suppose to do the 1minute on 1 minute off but there was none in stock so I had to settle with the digital timer for now its a gro1 115v duel outlet digital timer with 16 events per day how can I set it up for my system ????

What you need is a cycle timer if you want 1 on 1 off. You could take the time to program in all 16 cycles on your digital timer, for whatever on/off timing you can come up with. Like 45 on 45 off or something. Not ideal but the clones will survive okay sitting there for an hour, or a few even, with no spray. Like if the power went off or something they would survive. The water temperature might be the issue.
Plenty of people run them 24/7 with no timer. I think the only real reason to run cycles would be to keep the temperature down in the cloner. The pump makes heat so I run mine about three minutes on 10 minutes off or else the temp gets a bit high. Running that pump 45 on might cause weird temp fluctuations but you can test that out and see. I try to keep it 70-75. If you can get away with it would be easier to just run the thing 24 seven. Just put the cloner in a fairly cool spot and hang a thermometer in the bucket to check it. At the moment I'm having issues with phthium/root rot. I used to be able to get away with murder re the cloning temperatures now all of a sudden I have to be very careful.

Can't think of much else to add. I don't think you can do 1 on 4 off with that timer. Maybe stick the cloner in a fairly cool room under a cfl and run it 24/7 while awaiting the cycle timer.

Yeah that would work fine I'm sure. Like I said- I'm pretty sure the main issue there is the temp rise from the pump. So if you have any sort of waterproof thermometer then hang it in there and see. I hope you have better luck than I am with my diy cloner! Most people have great success

my pump has been on 24 hours and it wont go over 79 and that is in a small room with a 400 mh in there to but it seems as if the thermometer is reading the outside heat in the grow room but the probe is under water any similar probs like this before???water doesn't feel like its hot its luke warm the room temp is 74degrees im going to try to set up outside of the grow space I got the 400 watt mh in . I said hell with it and took the timer back and ordered online wont be here until 2 weeks for now Im just running it with no clones im trying to get everything right before I start cloning so whats the best temp to have ur setup at I read from 70-75 any suggestions feel free to comment

Your thermometer in bucket reads 79 and the room temp outside the bucket is 74- do I have that right? My pump raised the bucket temp by 5 - 10 degrees when it was on 24/7. Those temps may work. Ideally you want the water temp low 70s. Higher temps slow rooting and invite root rot

Back
Top Bottom