Help, hash plant is yellowing

dakotamoon

This looks like over nuking to me, but what do I know? i.e. nothing.

The hash plant was doing fine till transplanted last week to a 10 gallon pot. When it was transplanted, it was very dry - so mycorizzae was added, along with enzymes, and a regular feeding of Earth Juice Veg, and Micro Blast. That was 5 days ago.

Do any of you experienced growers recognized this yellowing?

My AFKush looks a little yellower around the new growth than I'm used to, but I may just be freaking out about it, because due to a faulty digital timer, my tent was without lights for 19 hours, over yesterday, and last evening.

Thanks, in advance.

Attachments

• Hash Plant Yellowing Oct 11.JPG
    Hash Plant Yellowing Oct 11.JPG
    653.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Hash Yellow Oct 11.JPG
    Hash Yellow Oct 11.JPG
    607.6 KB · Views: 99
  • AFKush Yellowing Oct 11.JPG
    AFKush Yellowing Oct 11.JPG
    751.8 KB · Views: 87
This looks like over nuking to me, but what do I know? i.e. nothing.

The hash plant was doing fine till transplanted last week to a 10 gallon pot. When it was transplanted, it was very dry - so mycorizzae was added, along with enzymes, and a regular feeding of Earth Juice Veg, and Micro Blast. That was 5 days ago.

Do any of you experienced growers recognized this yellowing?

My AFKush looks a little yellower around the new growth than I'm used to, but I may just be freaking out about it, because due to a faulty digital timer, my tent was without lights for 19 hours, over yesterday, and last evening.

Thanks, in advance.

That's a sign of some VERY healthy & happy plants! :welldone:

Here are a couple of mine as of today:

Don't panic and, whatever you're doing, keep it up! :high-five:

Thanks, the hash plant just doesn't look that healthy to me, but as stated I don't know much.

Your girls look really happy, and healthy - Bravo.

I'm really enjoying watching my Afghani Kush grow, this is my first lady, and I decided not to train her in anyway, other than a botched attempt at topping. So she's just as wild, and beautiful as ever. She starts Bloom stage today. Hooray!

Thanks, the hash plant just doesn't look that healthy to me, but as stated I don't know much.

Your girls look really happy, and healthy - Bravo.

I'm really enjoying watching my Afghani Kush grow, this is my first lady, and I decided not to train her in anyway, other than a botched attempt at topping. So she's just as wild, and beautiful as ever. She starts Bloom stage today. Hooray!

The yellowing around the new growth is good. The yellowing at the base of the plant is pretty normal since they will shed some of those older leaves, but if it looks like it's not just some older leaves, or see it progressing up the plant, you can up the Nitrogen.

Congrat's on your first grow! :high-five:

Warning: Smoking cannabis isn't addictive, but growing it is!:rofl:

judging by the pics it looks like you may have jumped from solo cups straight to a 10gal pot? If I'm right then the girls are probably stressed from being suffocated by too much water for the size of the root system. Again, if I'm right, let them dry out completely and only water around the edge of the pot lightly to encourage the roots to spread to the moisture, leaving the center more dry, and next time go up in pot size slowly. Disregard if I'm wrong about the pot size jump. Don't feed to try and fix, you don't need to fertilize that often in veg unless you have a very powerful light.

Thanks, Happy - the hash plant went from a 3 gallon, to a 10 gallon. Here are some more photos, the yellowing is driving me crazy, I can't see any critters - but both my younger ladies (white kush, and hashplant) have yellowing showing up, some of the leaves in the attached photos also have brown spots. With the green glasses on in the tent, I can see significant yellowing, but under normal lighting with normal eyesight, the yellow is barely visible. Most of these leaves come from the bottom of both plants, but as mentioned with the goggles on I can see more yellowing happening on both plants, so they are quarantined from my AFKush which is doing amazing. My plan with the two sick plants is to apply neem oil, or varmint soap for plants. Thanks again guys and gals for your help.

Attachments

• Oct 14 yellow wkush hash plant.JPG
    Oct 14 yellow wkush hash plant.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Oct 14 yellow.JPG
    Oct 14 yellow.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Oct 14 yellowing.JPG
    Oct 14 yellowing.JPG
    427.3 KB · Views: 102
I've also started flushing both plants with distilled water, trying the shotgun approach. If it's over nutes, then flush - if it's critters nuke em before they get out of hand.

It's normal for the plant to shed its lower leaves. If you see the yellowing moving up the plant, it's a sign of a Nitrogen deficiency. Maybe she's just a heavy feeder and needs more nutes? Can you post some pictures of the whole plant?

The hash plant is the worst hit, I hope you can see in the pictures the yellowing is moving up the plant, and the leaves have blackish brown burn spots on some.

As mentioned with the growtent goggles on these two plants look really sick, under normal lighting they don't look so bad, but something either nutes, or pests has gotten to these 2 so I have them quarantined in the cold, while the star of the show carries on in the tent, but I'm really getting paranoid now.

Attachments

• Oct15 Hash critter or yellow.JPG
    Oct15 Hash critter or yellow.JPG
    468.7 KB · Views: 87
  • OCT15 Hash Plant yellowing - damage.JPG
    OCT15 Hash Plant yellowing - damage.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Wkush Yellow Oct15.JPG
    Wkush Yellow Oct15.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 84
I just don't see it, Brother - everything really looks fine, to me.

I do see ONE small brown spot in ONE of the pics on ONE lower leave that could be something as simple as a drop of water that landed on the leaf and acted as a magnifying glass and created a burn spot. Are you sure your not just being paranoid?

If the only time you see the issue is with the goggles on, maybe the solution is to not wear the goggles? :rofl:

Hey, @Dwight Monk, do you see any issues here? Am I missing something? Love to get a second opinion here for the poster! ;)

I hear you, but - the yellow spots that I see with the goggles, so far in 48 hours become yellowing dead leaves - I took about 12 sets of leaves off both plants. The hash plant started with the yips first, but then the plant next to it started to get the yellow yips as well - so I had to separate them. The AFKush looks great under the glasses, but not the other two.

I pray and hope You're right. Thanks, I'm not being argumentative, just paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom