Help me with my Northern Lights

IndaClouds

Hello Everyone! This is my second grow. My first was almost a disaster with PH problems and overfeeding, probably over watering too. This plant(s) was given to me as a gift. It originally had 4 plants in one small pot that were not yet sexed. I was going to pull out the newley discovered males, but I thought since the roots were so intertwined I might do damage to the ladies. So, I ended up just snipping the 2 males out about 1" below the soil line.

I have read that this might be a bad idea because of the old roots rotting. Oh, well...I made that decision and I'm going to let them ride. I am trying to keep them on the dry side...I water when they start to look thirsty and they are in a large Air-Pot with holes all around.

SOIL GROW

Strain - Indica Northern Lights
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Flowering
Bucket Size - 3.4 Gallon
Lights - Only Sunlight through the window
Nutrients - Fox Farm T
Medium - HappyFrog 70% Perlite 20% Vermiculite 10% ... Dolomite Lime, Earthworm castings, Bone Meal
Water - I bubble tap water in a 5 gallon bucket for at least 24 hours. I add 1 tbsp of Epsom Salts to every gallon of water.
PPM - ? no meter
PH - Runnoff is 6.8....I always PH my nutes/water to 6.4 before watering.
RH - ?
Room Temperature - 75 - 90
Pests - Mites & Thrips

Problem: The very bottom growth doesn't look as healthy. Some Yellowing of the leaves with Purple Stems.
Some of the new leaves near the bottom also are not ideal shape...canoed, bowed etc.

I am assuming this is a result of a salt buildup? I am thinking of flushing with bush doctor Sledgehammer in distilled water. I have not flushed yet in the grow.

One thing I also notice is that some of the white flowers turn orange prematurely? I think it might be because the plants probably get too hot in my bay window sometimes with that hot California sun blasting down.

I am battling some thrips and mites. I sprinkle diatomaceous earth on the soil. I also just hunt between the leaves and crush the insects with a toothpick/finger. I think I am holding them at bay, but I also just ordered some Sierra Natural Science 217 based on this forum. The mites are the type that walk all over the leaves, tiny black dot....they don't appear to make the little tent webs.

Thanks for looking. I appreciate any advice or help!

L1422309.jpg

L1422330.jpg

L1422312.jpg

L1422329.jpg

L1422321.jpg

L1422313.jpg

L1422315.jpg

L1422317.jpg

L1422328.jpg

L1422324.jpg

L1422331.jpg

:Namaste:

Yeah, i don't see much too be worried about looks good from my seat.

You're good, a lot of different strains have red petioles (leaf stem). I have a NL#5 hybrid that does the same thing. It is a common trait but sometimes lack of Phosphorus & Mag will make the stem/petiole turn reddish purple, but you'll usually see other signs of that and I don't see anything like that on your girl.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom