Help my ladies

i fully agree there are easier options, such as a flood and drain or coco. I've never done coco, too much lifting (hurts too much).
It's all relative...you don't have to grow huge plants in coco. In fact, you can use smaller pots than soil because it doesn't have to store all of the nutrients for the entire grow. I've actually done SOG style flood and drain (made from a $12 cement mixing tub with a flood/drain kit bolted through it resting on top of a black storage tote) with coco in small square pots crammed into a small tent and harvested 4 OZ (dry) every two weeks! Just putting rooted clones into 5x5 pots, veg for two weeks (to let the roots fill out a little) and then flip 8 of them when they're about 12" tall (enough to fill up a standard 10x20" nursery tray).
Every two weeks continue the cycle...take 8 more cuttings, two weeks later they've rooted and go into veg, take the 8 vegged clones and move them to the bloom room, take 8 finished plants out, and there should be another 8-16 little ones in progress at 4 & 6 weeks of flower. Two weeks later pull 8 more out of the bloom room, put 8 more in, take 8 clones out of the cloner and put 8 more cuttings in, move the vegged ones into bloom, repeat!

With a little practice and the right genetics you should be able to pull about 0.25-0.5 Oz per tiny plant. No heavy lifting! In fact the only downside is getting caught with too many plants.
Also, Kind of a pain to use strains that grow a lot of side branches, gotta stay on top of those or else the plants will all grow into each other BUT I found them to be an excellent clone source instead of keeping a mom around. Just remove the side branches and stick them in the cloner when flipping the vegged plants into bloom! ...then two weeks later put them in coco...then two weeks later flip them into bloom....then 8 weeks later harvest and dry...while more plants continue going into the system every 2 weeks!

I had a LOT of fun growing this way but Mrs Cough was seriously freaked out by the high plant count (being double the felony amount in our state) so I had to go back to a longer rotation in 5 gal pots :(

SC - yep - It's hard to go wrong with coco/sog, it's ideal for a smaller grow space and very easy
You can do SOG in tiny pots and get one big donkey dick per plant
Only chem I do use is CalMag (kinda required with coco) and a PK 13/14 about 1/3 - halfway through flowering
Then a mini flush with fulvic and back to the Bio full strength
I'll dig out a pic of 9 x AK/WW in a 2'6" tent which looks like 9 fat cacti - 12" of solid bud per cut
Hardly needed trimming :cool:
* Sorry if this is off topic*

SC - yep - It's hard to go wrong with coco/sog, it's ideal for a smaller grow space and very easy
You can do SOG in tiny pots and get one big donkey dick per plant
Only chem I do use is CalMag (kinda required with coco) and a PK 13/14 about 1/3 - halfway through flowering
Then a mini flush with fulvic and back to the Bio full strength
I'll dig out a pic of 9 x AK/WW in a 2'6" tent which looks like 9 fat cacti - 12" of solid bud per cut
Hardly needed trimming :cool:
* Sorry if this is off topic*
I've since discovered little fabric pots with velcro down the side....GAME CHANGER for me because it's SO much easier to get them out of the pot and the plants don't get rootbound like they would in a plastic pot.
Then when I'm done with them I slosh them in a bucket of bleach water to kill off any nasties and reuse when dry.
Kinda want to try flood/drain with them.

Cloning now?
He can't even keep a plant alive ... and you want to start him cloning?
Yes, I suggested it for a long term solution..seems the OP knows how to clone. I think he's more then capable. Hydroponics isn't that difficult if using bottled nutes. Hiccups along the way happen. And over time product will get better.
Please OP.
The time that it will take to get new seeds should be used reading up on how to grow a plant.
Something we agree on, keep reading and don't be shy on asking questions...
Learn to walk.
:confused:

Thanks , I’m gonna start all over and get new seeds. Does anyone have any suggestions on seed banks?
013 gave you great advice. Some of the sponsors also offer discounts to members.
It's all relative...you don't have to grow huge plants in coco. In fact, you can use smaller pots than soil because it doesn't have to store all of the nutrients for the entire grow. I've actually done SOG style flood and drain (made from a $12 cement mixing tub with a flood/drain kit bolted through it resting on top of a black storage tote) with coco in small square pots crammed into a small tent and harvested 4 OZ (dry) every two weeks!
Too funny- my 1st grow was flood and drain using same setup, except I went with covers and 4 autos- got 300g dried in a small homemade cabinet. That's some awesome returns, 4 oz every two weeks? More then I'd need though- mine is a personal medical grow and while I go through a lot, even I don't smoke quite that much....yet.
Just putting rooted clones into 5x5 pots, veg for two weeks (to let the roots fill out a little) and then flip 8 of them when they're about 12" tall (enough to fill up a standard 10x20" nursery tray).
Every two weeks continue the cycle...take 8 more cuttings, two weeks later they've rooted and go into veg, take the 8 vegged clones and move them to the bloom room, take 8 finished plants out, and there should be another 8-16 little ones in progress at 4 & 6 weeks of flower. Two weeks later pull 8 more out of the bloom room, put 8 more in, take 8 clones out of the cloner and put 8 more cuttings in, move the vegged ones into bloom, repeat!

With a little practice and the right genetics you should be able to pull about 0.25-0.5 Oz per tiny plant. No heavy lifting! In fact the only downside is getting caught with too many plants.
Also, Kind of a pain to use strains that grow a lot of side branches, gotta stay on top of those or else the plants will all grow into each other BUT I found them to be an excellent clone source instead of keeping a mom around. Just remove the side branches and stick them in the cloner when flipping the vegged plants into bloom! ...then two weeks later put them in coco...then two weeks later flip them into bloom....then 8 weeks later harvest and dry...while more plants continue going into the system every 2 weeks!

I had a LOT of fun growing this way but Mrs Cough was seriously freaked out by the high plant count (being double the felony amount in our state) so I had to go back to a longer rotation in 5 gal pots :(
I'm an auto grower and love growing mine nice, big and bushy lol. I just bought a new setup and it's too big for coco (10 gallon buckets) unless I want some serious trees!

@Anthony718 if you start a grow journal, people can follow along and give advice along the way, from any DIY building to seed germination.

Thanks , I’m gonna start all over and get new seeds. Does anyone have any suggestions on seed banks?
Your call, of course, but you will learn a ton if you figure out what is wrong with the current grow and figure out how to remedy it.

Consider the 2-4 weeks it will take seeds to arrive, the additional couple of weeks getting them past germ and seedling stages. This means you are looking at a month at minimum before you have anything back in the DWC.

Thinking of this as a chance to learn will be far more beneficial in the long run than just giving up on your current gals.

I've since discovered little fabric pots with velcro down the side....GAME CHANGER for me because it's SO much easier to get them out of the pot and the plants don't get rootbound like they would in a plastic pot.
Then when I'm done with them I slosh them in a bucket of bleach water to kill off any nasties and reuse when dry.
Kinda want to try flood/drain with them.
Easy enough with a pump and an NFT tray, though I'd use a 60/40 clay pebble mix for that

An autoflower is born with an impending toe tag of death - it will not regenerate. Photoperiods can be revegged provided you leave enough foliage on the branches to draw sap. It’s slow process the plant will appear to just stall out for weeks on end. For soil grows it does help to root prune and downsize to smaller container after harvest / before starting reveg.

At some point 3 to 5ish weeks it will add funky single bladed leaves up top, more time passes it will push out 3 bladed fan leaves wait more time and it will add 5 bladed fan leave and then resume growing from there. Biggest difference is now the resulting plant and any clones taken from it are called monster cropped and will be a bushy beast. I wouldn't dedicate prime tent space but if you can light it up in a corner or put it outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom