Help My Plants Are Gettin Too Big!

Re: Help My Plants Are Gettin Too Big!!!!

they are indoor and yes they just started to flower a few days ago. How do you tie them down?

With string, tie it to the branches and pull them down parallel with the soil. Make all of the tops level, that way you can move the light down. This reduces popcorn buds.

goodshit420 said:
which branches do i tie them all down or just the main top one?

I was wondering this same unanswered question. My main cola getting to close to the light and im running out of vert space. Can u tie down the main cola? the branch is about as thick as my pinky, seems like it would break.

Use yarn (NOT string). Gently and loosely tie the yard around the main stalk about 1/3 of the way down from the top. Tie the other end to something low or weight the loose end down with a rock/brick/whatever. Bend down slightly the first day, increase it as often as needed.
You can eventually get it down to a 90 degree angle.

P.S. if your plants have been in flowering for 3 weeks, they aren't gonna grow much taller. The first 3 weeks of flowering is when upward growth occurs. Now the plant's energies go into bud production.

I have some that are about 3.5-4 foot now. I haven't even started to flower yet. Anyone able to give me a final size est. if I put them under 400w hps?

This one qaudrupled in size, but I hope it stops soon.

Does anyone know of pictures of a tied down plant. Though the explaination was a good one I would love to see one tied down. I have yet to find one in the gallery. Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom