Help needed in MidWest

bigGimpin

Hey guys,
I am really trying to understand MMJ and how to attain it. I am now paralyzed and have had cronic back pain eversince I broke my back. After enough pain killers to take down a moose I have still found that only Miss Mary releaves the pain and allows my back muscles to relax enough. Also not being as active as I was my appetite has gone down and I must force my self to eat to try and keep healthy. I live i Kansas right now and theres no MMJ prop. After reading the forums I believe that if i lived in California it wouldnt be much of a problem and that I do qualify, right. But since I really do need natures medicine not 120mg of oxycontin a day that doesnt accompish near what half a cigarillo will, is there any way to obtain MMJ. Can I talk to my doctor about this. Should i even bring it up or is that a no no. How do I go about talking to the doc about it. Whats Colorados laws with MMJ. Didnt they legalize it? Could I go get it from out of state? Man I need some help.

Hurtin in the Heartland

best thing for you to do if you can afford it is ask a lawyer....You could ask your Doctor.

I feel for you and your pain hope you get help!!

What about you Cali 214 guys, some of yall gotta know the law. Can I get mmj from Colorado or is California the only place to get herb. And do you all only get access to the dispencaries to buy it and the ok to grow? Whats the program where the gov. supplies the meds? Please help

I'm no expert, but I'll tell you whatI know. AThe federal program where the feds provide med pot to patients was a short lived program happening under (I believe) Carter. It ended when Bush Sr. took over (again, I believe....dont take this as fact). HOweever, becauseof the law, the government must continue to provide medical marijuana to patiente ALREADY ENROLLED into the program. THere's only a handfull of them left, but it's impossible for anyone else to enroll into the program because it doesnt exist anymore.
As for California, you are referring to Prop 215 (and SB 420). In California, with a CA doctors recomendation, you can grow a minimum of 6 plants, 12 saplings, and have up to 8 ounces of marjiuana on you. Thats the staes bare minimum amounts, some counties have raised the amount (as allowed in the law....prop 215 merely sets the bar, any county can raise it (BUT NOT LOWER IT) as high as they wish) to 99 plants and varying weights of marijuana. While I ahve heard about Montana creating a law that allowed people with medical marijuana recomendations fro other states to legaly obtain marijuana from their state, as far as I know, thats a FEDERAL offense becauase you are crossing state lines to engage in a federal crime.
As for California being the only place to get med pot,l nah man, there's 11 states that curently have mde pot laws on the books. Yoyu can read all about each states med pot laws by clicknig here:NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws Since 1970
I buy my marijauna from dispensaries, although I HAVE grown before. WHere I live in LA, an ounce of the TO NOTCH strain of the week at my club costs me 400-420 bucks. An ounce of their MIds cost me 300-350, and an ounce of their shwaggiest schwag costs me around 170-200 bucks. Besides medical marijuana, they offer speciality items, such as varying types of hash with varying strengths (IE: Has Oil or hash Goo is top notch and very expensive, like 40 -50 bucks a half gram, and then theres cheapo hash which is about 20-30 bucks a gram), keif, edibles, oils and tinctures.
-PM

bigGimpin said:
Hey guys,
I am really trying to understand MMJ and how to attain it. I am now paralyzed and have had cronic back pain eversince I broke my back. After enough pain killers to take down a moose I have still found that only Miss Mary releaves the pain and allows my back muscles to relax enough. Also not being as active as I was my appetite has gone down and I must force my self to eat to try and keep healthy. I live i Kansas right now and theres no MMJ prop. After reading the forums I believe that if i lived in California it wouldnt be much of a problem and that I do qualify, right. But since I really do need natures medicine not 120mg of oxycontin a day that doesnt accompish near what half a cigarillo will, is there any way to obtain MMJ. Can I talk to my doctor about this. Should i even bring it up or is that a no no. How do I go about talking to the doc about it. Whats Colorados laws with MMJ. Didnt they legalize it? Could I go get it from out of state? Man I need some help.

Hurtin in the Heartland

Sorry to hear of your situation, must be a bitch. As Mr. PM said, California is the only state with dispensaries. Oregon has new laws but very restrictive. Colorado has a vote coming up I believe. Even as liberal we all think Canada is it's only BC that has dispensaries (and not many). Good luck to you. Learn to grow my brother.. or move to California.

Move to Colorado.. their medical marijuana law is as follows:

"Patients who possess written documentation from their physician recommending the use of marijuana and are registered with the state and issued an identification card may legally possess no more than two ounces of marijuana or no more than six marijuana plants."

Good luck. Just move West young man. :peace:

Pinch said:
Sorry to hear of your situation, must be a bitch. As Mr. PM said, California is the only state with dispensaries. Oregon has new laws but very restrictive. Colorado has a vote coming up I believe. Even as liberal we all think Canada is it's only BC that has dispensaries (and not many). Good luck to you. Learn to grow my brother.. or move to California.

actually there is dispensaries(we call them compassion clubs) all over Canada in the larger cities. there is also a half dozen cannabis cafés nation wide, so bigGimpin if you can't find what your looking for in America than come join us liberals in Canada. We also have some of the worlds greatest marijuana and seed breeders and companies. by the way Pinch had an awesome time meeting you and having the pleasure of smoking with you, you are a great person. Hope you had a safe flight home brother.

My pleasure, Mr P420! :icon_cool

No he's talking about that program in the states, and I think it's actually less than that, maybe 6, but I'm not positive.

Oregon has very good MMJ laws, and you could get it here with your back being so bad. we have some really dank herbs too.

Back
Top Bottom