Help pics included

tommyb88

DSC_0518.jpg
DSC_05153.jpg
these are on 2 seperate plants, the first one you can see tiny little rusty spots starting to appear and havnt the foggiest what it is and how to fix it, iv looked around but a lot of the pictures look simular and dont want to diagnose my self as never come across problems like this before, and the second one the leave tips are still green but gone crispy, think the second one is down to heat but thought id put it on anyway see what you think,

they are 8 days into veg under 250w mh in bio biz all mix, the light is about 15inches from the plants and the temps are 79 -81 and rh is 39%, iv gave them a very low dose of bio grow today, the instructions say 2-4ml per litre and i have mixed 2.5ml with 10 litres today and gave them a litre each ( i usually build them up like this with outdoor grows and never had any problems, this is my first indoor grow) , this is the first time i have fed them after only giving them water since they germinated.

the one with the crispy leave tip has got slightly twisted leaves, the leave opposite is exactly the same.

i can get to hydroponic shop tommorow if i need anything to fix it, let me no thanks

DSC_0518.jpg
DSC_05153.jpg

dont no why the photos have gone on twice haha whatever it is , it must be in its early stages so hopefully can fix it before it gets out of hand,, dont no ph either ordered a ph metre and it hasnt arrived in the post yet

Haha thanks mate, its my first indoor grow so im acting like a kid at christmas and maybe getting ahead of myself, il see ow it goes,

You color looks good. If you just recently put them into fresh soil, it could be a little bit of nute burn. I agree .... just wait and see what it does. Growing in soil lets things happen gradually. You will be able to watch them for a while and see if it progresses or not.

cheers mutt, the second picture where they look a bit crispy seems to have spread a tiny bit down the leaves, im trying to do everything that i usually do outdoors n never had anything like this , better to put it on here just incase tho. hope im just picking up on things more with it being my first indoor grow

You might want to wait a bit on the nutrients. I started nuting my seedlings right off the bat at full strenght and had similar problems, but not as soon as you are. Green pasty spots on the margins which eventually grew in between the veins and ultimately started to disintegrate the leaves. Started a second plant and waited on adding any nutes well into veg. Ended up as a male but it was a damned fine healthy one...

I always say less is more! Ur plants do a good job tellin you when shits wrong, when u catch it at an early stage it came be overcome easily. If toxicity occurs now you have to wait for a recovery before overcoming. That is the start of a def. stop the nutes and feed ph adjusted water until the green lightens. then adjust to 1/4 or 1/3 strength base nutes followed by any additives if applicable. small hurdle, ur doin good man!

DSC_0518.jpg
DSC_05153.jpg
these are on 2 seperate plants, the first one you can see tiny little rusty spots starting to appear and havnt the foggiest what it is and how to fix it, iv looked around but a lot of the pictures look simular and dont want to diagnose my self as never come across problems like this before, and the second one the leave tips are still green but gone crispy, think the second one is down to heat but thought id put it on anyway see what you think,

they are 8 days into veg under 250w mh in bio biz all mix, the light is about 15inches from the plants and the temps are 79 -81 and rh is 39%, iv gave them a very low dose of bio grow today, the instructions say 2-4ml per litre and i have mixed 2.5ml with 10 litres today and gave them a litre each ( i usually build them up like this with outdoor grows and never had any problems, this is my first indoor grow) , this is the first time i have fed them after only giving them water since they germinated.

the one with the crispy leave tip has got slightly twisted leaves, the leave opposite is exactly the same.

i can get to hydroponic shop tommorow if i need anything to fix it, let me no thanks

DSC_0518.jpg
DSC_05153.jpg

there is alot more soil for the soulble salts to leach into, thats not really an option unless you basement floor is busted out and in that case-- bam soil grow

thanks for all the replys, little update, the spots have moved a bit down the lower leaves and the newer growth has started to turn yellowish. just cant understand why iv never had this outdoors using exactly the same soil nutes and strengh nutes etc... could it be the heat of the lamp making the plants suck up more water resulting in them having more nutrients???? what do you make of the yellowing?

DSC_05181.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

now that i look at your stems they look purple and resemble a sulfur def due to the yellowing of leaves and slightly of the vein. sulfur def resembles a nitrogen def. it also starts in the lower leaves based on research done by canna in the neatherlands. if the sulfur def continues to and acute def, stems will elongate, become prodominatley purple and the tips will burn and tip down. flush and adjust ph to 5.5- 6.0 sulfer is immobile and if left untreated will cause other nutrient def if ec remains high. if the ec remains fairly low then no adverse effect will bestoe growth and floral formations.

to treat sulfur def add some mushroom compost or certain animal manures. add this to epsom salts(magnesium sulfate) and then to fert program. reduce ppm's slightly from previous fert applications

the yellowing looks like its getting worse, i was going say it looks like magnesium def after looking through plant problem pictures but finding really hard to diagnose when they all look simular or one problem might resemble another.

as for temps at the minute they range from 75 -82 with 37% - 45% , night time its 62 -68 45%-60%
iv ordered a ph metre but its late in the post and only fed them once with a really low strengh of 2.5ml to 10 litres, new to indoor growing and dont no ec or ppm values.

thanks for the help going to flush start of with, any idea of a good place to buy epsom salts im in uk

are u using tap water?
dude i would bet balls its your PH for 1. if its gettin worse the flush 5X's mineral water or an RO unit. or let some water sit out for 3days. but degased tap water will be between 7-8. closer to 7. chech the ppm if its more than 150 u need to buy bottled water or an RO unit. it looks like you have them in coco. thats a near 5.5-6.0 natural PH. It may be inferior quality coco and was processed too fast and has retained salts. also coco is very high in K. mag/cal will bond to the coco making a cal/mag def. and you know what happens after.... more deficiencies or toxicities. P K cal mag mang iron sulfer molybendum(rare) zinc. then ur smokin doodoo. when in doubt... flush it out!

you can at least here in the usa at grocery stores pharmacy, where ever personal bath salts and muscle aches soaking aids are found.

strugling get epsom salts where i am without all the extra additive crap they put with them so iv ordered some of ebay should be here tuesday, will it be to late? how long do they take recover? how will i know if its worked? and finally what is the best way to treat them , iv read 1 tablespoon per gallon, do i just feed them or is it best to foliar feed? sorry for all the questions but want to do it right. in a strange sort of way im glad its happened as its bound happen sooner or later and it will only add to experience for future grows ( trying to stay positive and not get pissed off haha) thanks for all the replys appreciate it

hey sorry this is a really late reply but i was using upstairs tap water that comes from a water tank in the loft which im pretty certain caused the problem, i flushed with normal downstairs tap water and foliar fed with epsom salts and they soon picked up, looked like it may have stunted growth on one of them but they are fine now, thanks for the help everybody

Back
Top Bottom