Help Please! Hermie?

MainChief

One Of my Avalons Looked like it was going to be a male, and when i looked closer this morning, between the internode of the newest growth, im seeing 2 white hairs.. on the 2 internodes below that though, im seeing balls.. is this a hermie? and if so, will balls be forming around the hairs at some point? can i cut the balls off? and if so, how big can the balls get before i should cut them? Need some help... dont want first real grow to go to shit...

sounds like a hermie, any chance of see'n a pic. to make sure?

you can keep cutting the balls off as soon as you find them and hope for the best. or make some cana butter out of it

This Morning i checked my "Hermie" And Im seeing lots of white hairs, not very big yet, and no more sacs.. i cut some of the sacks off yesterday.. They were very small, and i cut them cause they didnt have hairs.. should i wait longer before cutting these little sacs? between one of the internodes, im seeing hairs and it also looks like a little male preflower.. it looked like it was kinda open, but it is still so small.. It looks like a calyx has open, but i know thats not the case, and thats why im saying its a male preflower..Should i cut the open thingy off? i know that its not filled with pollen (I hope) cause theres no way its big enough. dont males only open after they get so big? i may be way off.. Im still debating on whether or not to throw it out, cause ive got one other plant of the same strain thats a female(which im also seeing 1 open looking thingy which might be a male preflower?), and a dynamite thats a female. The 2 plants im seeing these things on are Avalon which is an f4 strain.. im not seeing any balls on the tops of them, so is it possible that theyve turned from hermie to a female? is keeping a hermie and trying to castrate it worth the risk of seeding my babies? if it does turn out to be a hermie, will the balls be found intertwined around the calyxs and hairs? im a first time grower but consider myself to know somewhat of what im doing.. i know these are alot of questions.. so just answer what you can.. any advice is appriciated.. Thanks..

Only takes one male flower to survive your castration technique, to make all your females seed. Do the right thing and put it to death.

if it is a hermie, will the balls form around the hairs? or will they form on a different internode? and also, how big do the balls get before they burst open? but, whats next? i see the hairs, will other calyxs be forming and more hairs come out? cause on my dynamite, im seeing hairs comeing out of 2 calyxs, one on each side, and there are little pods right next to the hairs kinda pear shaped but still to small to tell.. .. will those be other calyxs or male flowers? cause wont you see hairs before a calyx or ball?

MainChief said:
if it is a hermie, will the balls form around the hairs? or will they form on a different internode? and also, how big do the balls get before they burst open? but, whats next? i see the hairs, will other calyxs be forming and more hairs come out? cause on my dynamite, im seeing hairs comeing out of 2 calyxs, one on each side, and there are little pods right next to the hairs kinda pear shaped but still to small to tell.. .. will those be other calyxs or male flowers? cause wont you see hairs before a calyx or ball?

good question's indeed....sorry so late getting back to you

the balls will form above the female flowers most of the time (pollen falls down) but there's allways freaks you know.....the male balls get about the size of a wooden match head and i keep the males i want to use for cross breed'n in flower untill the balls start to turn yellow....and yes most time's plants dont go hermie untill late into flower but there is allways that 10% ya know

Don't jump to conclusions, sometimes we are so anxious to find out sex we make rash decisions. It takes some time for a male flower to develop and open so let your preflowers get bigger before cutting any more off. Give the hairs a chance to get big enough for you to see. They don't just appear as full size perfect flowers all the sudden, they have to grow. You will know long before it's ready to drop pollen if you have male flowers be patient.

Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

Back
Top Bottom