Hermie or swollen calyx 1 or 2 weeks from harvest Help

bigbod

Hello people I have just been to check on my girls and thought I would give them a good check. they are big bang auto feminised and are very close to being finished one of the "girls" at the bottom of the buds had what looked like balls but they also had two brown hairs they were quite big so I cut off the bud to have a closer look. I then cut open the balls to find a tiny little white bit what looked like the starting of a seed in one of them. I have been looking around and wondering if it could just be a swollen calyx. I am that close to the end i have just cut her down now. better to be safe than sorry. I am now going to go over the rest of them tomorrow and see if any of these balls are showing. has anyone else had a similar thing happen. I cant post a picture now as I am stealth and it could risk everything.I will post a picture tomorrow

I have a very similar deal here with 9 days to go in flower and have seen single calyxs where lower fans or branches were trimmed and at the base of some of the buds Theyve been theree along time and have swollen and have resin growing on them They do look like a seed but Ive looked for male flowers or that bannana looking growth coming out of buds and couldnt find any and there were none above the base of buds I seen that looked to be seed filled calyxs. ITS an unknown strain clone I have grown and havent had any seeds yet. Lights off now I will post a pic tomorrow too I hope we have some sinsemilla

shes a clone of a clone from an unkown strain. I think they are just swollen calyxs

029131.JPG

03787.JPG

Each grow keeps getting better since I joined 420. This plant is looking like my best attempt on this strain so far. Not the biggest but it looks the most resinous

Hello people I have just been to check on my girls and thought I would give them a good check. they are big bang auto feminised and are very close to being finished one of the "girls" at the bottom of the buds had what looked like balls but they also had two brown hairs they were quite big so I cut off the bud to have a closer look. I then cut open the balls to find a tiny little white bit what looked like the starting of a seed in one of them. I have been looking around and wondering if it could just be a swollen calyx. I am that close to the end i have just cut her down now. better to be safe than sorry. I am now going to go over the rest of them tomorrow and see if any of these balls are showing. has anyone else had a similar thing happen. I cant post a picture now as I am stealth and it could risk everything.I will post a picture tomorrow

If they look like closetorganic I wouldn't worry. Do need pics though.

My last grow C99xPR did start to develop some seed late in harvest, about Day 61, I had noticed what I thought were Banana's on a couple of Calyxes, But the majority of buds had nothing noticeable..
Recently as Ive gotten further into my stash of buds, Ive pulled a few seeds out, and what youre talking about is probably the early formation of a seed. But as long as your plant has shown female pre hairs and such all the way thru, I wouldnt stress - you may get a few seeds, But I thought females naturally produced a few seeds if flowered for long periods ( 60 - 70 days )??? Hmm.. INTERESTING TO KNOW THAT FOR SURE OR NOT! But yeah, all the best.. Smokemup

I've had a few seeds before on a couple of grows...

Even tho my existing girls/clones all came from a regular seed female !

It don't happen to all of my plants for some reason but the last 2 grows of the strain appears to have had 1 or 2 plants which produce a few seeds for some reason out of 4 plants.

I do a routine full inspection once a week & visual check twice a week & never noticed any banana's or hermies yet !

As a precuation i wipe my entire grow area down after each grow with a diluted solution of bleach to remove any possible male pollen contamination which might be caused from hermie's or pollen picked up from outside world/friends.

Pollen carrys on the wind for thousands of miles or friends might get contaminated by contact of hermie weed smoked etc brushing pollen off on to you, which in turn gets on your plants...

Most of us hardly grow in a sterile enviroment !

Yeah well there you go mate.. If Fuzzy has encountered a few seeds from his girls, then Im in the right ball park.
As you said the plant may naturally create a few seeds to try continue its generating. See Ive grown plants which I am fairly certain stayed female all thru as no males nearby or any seed pods, But in certain areas, some calyxes will produce a seed or if not left long enough is prob what you saw, the white beginning of a seeds formation.
@ Fuzzy, I am not certain if Cindy had banana's, they looked similar to a females pollen flowers or woteva theyre called cant remember atm, Stigma? Some shit like that.. Some pics I saw of Banana's looked slightly different to what I saw on Cindy. But i may be wrong?

@ Fuzzy, I am not certain if Cindy had banana's, they looked similar to a females pollen flowers or woteva theyre called cant remember atm, Stigma? Some shit like that.. Some pics I saw of Banana's looked slightly different to what I saw on Cindy. But i may be wrong?

Stigma is the correct term to be used i believe.

I believe they can be a slight colour variation of the stigma/banana depending on its stage of development from a pale creamy yellow to pale creamy green colour.

At first they appear like a tiny pale green banana thicker in width than the female pistils later developing a slight change in colour & almost appear like to 2 small banana's stuck together.

Likely chance of banana's appearing seems to be from mid to late flowering from what i've seen from related forums post/threads regarding the matter & more likely to happen to feminized seeds grown in stressful conditions... most growers will claim they growing enviroment to be close to optimal as possible, so making stressful conditions really hard to tell which may tricker the hermie traits.

Even harder to say when it happens to regular seeds !

I still think their is a reasonable chance of cross contamination of male or hermie pollen through contact of poorly grown MJ.

If handling bud of an unknown origin/source & not 100% sure of sensimilla (seedless bud) wash your hands before handling your plants at best !

Yeah Fuzzy, Youre on the money there mate!!
Thats pretty much what I saw on Cindy just before Harvest, The 2 thicker banana s - alot thicker than the pistils for sure.
Now as you said about the creation of the seed maybe from some stress, well, yep, youre prob correct there too, as nearing Cindy's last few weeks I had some drama's I fed her some dissolved Golden Syrup, instead of Molasses - now I know theyre close to the same product, but I may have dissolved too much as I started to have all these Defic. symptoms, which I thought was Cal/mag, but that didnt help, tried for Potassium,Boron.. But nothing really helped. I did have some Funky Gnats, but just before I harvested I noticed that on the undersides of the dying leaves, the leaf had excreted the G/Syrup . There were small globules of G/syrup being pushed out of the veins in the leaves, and IMO, caused a blocking of the plants ability to Photosynth/ convert nutes, and that was my fault.I believe this was responsible for the Fan leaf issues, as if it were a Defic. Id have sorted it.. So all the remedies I tried may well have stressed her into forming banana's..
Thanks for the tip about handling the possible hermie buds and such.. YOURE ALWAYS FULL OF GOOD TIPS BRO!!
Cheers for your response FUzzY:) Take CarE SmOkemUp.. SoRry FoR tHe SillY WriTiNg.. VERY BORED!! lol. Take it easy and chat soon , keep em green!

i am having the same problem.
1434889956103.jpg
i thought the seed looking things were balls so i cut off this branch. this is my first grow. i am 7 weeks into flowering 5 bubba kush/skywalker in 3 gallon buckets in soil. 1-400 hps and 2 -8 bulb t-5's, fox farm nutes, fox farm ocean forest, 6.5 ph RH 40 TO 55%, room temp. from 79 to sometimes 90 in a 8x9 square foot room. I found a couple of seeds on my other plants but nothing like this cluster. didn't see any balls or bananas anywhere either. the other 4 plants all seem very happy with thick buds and no other problems. these are seeds, right?

i am having the same problem.
1434889956103.jpg
i thought the seed looking things were balls so i cut off this branch. this is my first grow. i am 7 weeks into flowering 5 bubba kush/skywalker in 3 gallon buckets in soil. 1-400 hps and 2 -8 bulb t-5's, fox farm nutes, fox farm ocean forest, 6.5 ph RH 40 TO 55%, room temp. from 79 to sometimes 90 in a 8x9 square foot room. I found a couple of seeds on my other plants but nothing like this cluster. didn't see any balls or bananas anywhere either. the other 4 plants all seem very happy with thick buds and no other problems. these are seeds, right?

Yes those are seeds. The high heat may be stressing them out a bit. Make sure you have good air circulation too with those high humidity readings. Wouldn't want to see mold too.

thank you for your reply. air circulation is pretty good, i think you are right about the heat. summer time in the inland empire it's hard to beat the heat

Back
Top Bottom