Help please - I added some pics

Ur good just the pistil pods :) I don't see an pollen sacs an ur girls look beautiful by the way

Don't stress, Wiley420 is right.
If it were a male part it would look like this...

420-magazine-mobile1181560598.jpg

Great job so far, your plants look awesome!

Don't stress, Wiley420 is right.
If it were a male part it would look like this...

420-magazine-mobile1181560598.jpg

Great job so far, your plants look awesome!

Thank you, im learning as I go!!! I can't believe how much I'm enjoying growing these girls. They have given me a few worries along the way and they will probably give me a few more before they're ready!! Looking forward to starting my next grow. And using some of the tips I've learned along the way.

They are beautiful... and those are just swollen calyxs as you are nearing end of your grow! The girls are realizing they aren't getting pollinated so they grow bigger and everything swells... Once your white hairs start to go rust colored... you have approximately 3 weeks left give or take depending on strain. You can defoliate the largest fan leaves, as you don't need them much any longer. You should start flushing if you haven't already... in my opinion. They look wonderful and you are definitely in the home stretch! Don't worry about yellowing fan leaves as the plant will start self cannibalizing... its the natural process of it ending its life cycle. You want the plant to use up all the nutrients in its system so you have smooth clean smoke in the end. Good luck! You don't have anything to worry about. You are SO close to harvest!

xxKitty

They are beautiful... and those are just swollen calyxs as you are nearing end of your grow! The girls are realizing they aren't getting pollinated so they grow bigger and everything swells... Once your white hairs start to go rust colored... you have approximately 3 weeks left give or take depending on strain. You can defoliate the largest fan leaves, as you don't need them much any longer. You should start flushing if you haven't already... in my opinion. They look wonderful and you are definitely in the home stretch! Don't worry about yellowing fan leaves as the plant will start self cannibalizing... its the natural process of it ending its life cycle. You want the plant to use up all the nutrients in its system so you have smooth clean smoke in the end. Good luck! You don't have anything to worry about. You are SO close to harvest!

xxKitty

Hi kitty, thank you!! I'm wanting to trim the fan leaves or defoliate but I'm not sure exactly how to do this and I'm a rad worried about messing it up. Do I just snip the leaves off or what. Only a few in one go or most of them. Do I start with the yellow leaves and leaves showing discolour. Any advice much appreciated.

Hi kitty, thank you!! I'm wanting to trim the fan leaves or defoliate but I'm not sure exactly how to do this and I'm a rad worried about messing it up. Do I just snip the leaves off or what. Only a few in one go or most of them. Do I start with the yellow leaves and leaves showing discolour. Any advice much appreciated.

I'd only remove the ones that come off with a simple tug because the lady isn't holding onto it anymore or if it has wilting or or stress male stamens coming out and if they do just delicately snip it off and discard

Yes... start out with the ones that show any discoloration or damage and then move on the the largest ones. Once they get huge they are no longer efficient 'solar panels'. I usually pull any fan bigger than my hand. But I am a woman and 5'3 so your hands may be a bit different than my hands... but you get the idea.

You can use a razor blade, exacto, or your thumb nail but make sure to sanitize which ever you use. Don't take the fan leaf off directly at the stem. Leave just a tiny little nub (literally a cm or 2) that will dry and fall off. This prevents the possibility of causing damage to the main stem.

I pull all damaged leaves, all oversized leaves, and then I kind of eye ball it starting at the bottom going up. Some people do the opposite. Start at the top and move down but this seems counterintuitive to me. You only need a few healthy fan leaves getting sun at the tops of the branches now. I usually leave the top 5 or 6 fan leaves. The youngest ones so to speak.

You also want to try and pull fans that are blocking bud sites as you want as much penetration as possible hitting those buds in these crucial last weeks of swelling.

Ideally you want air to be able to move freely around your bud sites. You don't want to strip them bare but you do want to be able to see through to the other side of the plant.

Honestly, you are so close to harvest... I really don't believe you can do too much harm. I like to take the plant out and turn it slowly working my way around. You will start to kinda feel what should be taken and what you should leave be.

There are many YouTube videos on defoliation. Check a few out and that can give you a visual aid... I tried my best to describe in words... but some things need to be seen to fully grasp.

Hope that helps.
XxKitty

Yes... start out with the ones that show any discoloration or damage and then move on the the largest ones. Once they get huge they are no longer efficient 'solar panels'. I usually pull any fan bigger than my hand. But I am a woman and 5'3 so your hands may be a bit different than my hands... but you get the idea.

You can use a razor blade, exacto, or your thumb nail but make sure to sanitize which ever you use. Don't take the fan leaf off directly at the stem. Leave just a tiny little nub (literally a cm or 2) that will dry and fall off. This prevents the possibility of causing damage to the main stem.

I pull all damaged leaves, all oversized leaves, and then I kind of eye ball it starting at the bottom going up. Some people do the opposite. Start at the top and move down but this seems counterintuitive to me. You only need a few healthy fan leaves getting sun at the tops of the branches now. I usually leave the top 5 or 6 fan leaves. The youngest ones so to speak.

You also want to try and pull fans that are blocking bud sites as you want as much penetration as possible hitting those buds in these crucial last weeks of swelling.

Ideally you want air to be able to move freely around your bud sites. You don't want to strip them bare but you do want to be able to see through to the other side of the plant.

Honestly, you are so close to harvest... I really don't believe you can do too much harm. I like to take the plant out and turn it slowly working my way around. You will start to kinda feel what should be taken and what you should leave be.

There are many YouTube videos on defoliation. Check a few out and that can give you a visual aid... I tried my best to describe in words... but some things need to be seen to fully grasp.

Hope that helps.
XxKitty

Thanks for the useful info. I'm going to brave it when I get home from work and give it a go. I will update with some photos later. Thanks again.

Thanks for the useful info. I'm going to brave it when I get home from work and give it a go. I will update with some photos later. Thanks again.

Also is there point in pulling out the branches for more light on the buds after defoliating. Or have I left it too late?

Also is there point in pulling out the branches for more light on the buds after defoliating. Or have I left it too late?

If you are talking about real LST.... (low stress training) you are too late. I still rotate my plants so I have not done this yet but you can use yo yo hangers or even string to lightly pull apart branches and connect/ tie them to the frame of your grow space. This is moreso a technique used to help branches with very heavy buds stay upright than to pull apart the plants structure. This, has a higher potential for failure though because one push to far and you hear, crrrrrack.... and just like that you have harvested one of your primo branches too early. If you do any sort of manipulation that requires the plant to bend, make sure you do so when they are a bit water starved... as when they are thirsty they lose their rigidity.

For example, I watered yesterday afternoon and this morning while rotating my plants I nearly lost a major cola by just brushing it with my arm. Thankfully there was no actual break to the flesh and I wrapped and it stood back up on its own but I still wrapped a little bit of flexible tape around the area to help it strengthen again. But even something as simple as that will cause stress on that branch and plant will divert its energy to repairing the inner structure before it goes back to bud building again.

God, I hope not. Going to add a few more pics.

I think splinter22 is right bro, looks to me to be a hermie as you have the saks there. Plants look great but you might wind up with a few seeds.
Which is ok, sometimes a light leak will cause a female to show male parts. I had it happen to me. I carefully removed the ones I found and to my surprise no more of them. And I'm 4 weeks into flower! Good luck to ya...✌️

I think splinter22 is right bro, looks to me to be a hermie as you have the saks there. Plants look great but you might wind up with a few seeds.
Which is ok, sometimes a light leak will cause a female to show male parts. I had it happen to me. I carefully removed the ones I found and to my surprise no more of them. And I'm 4 weeks into flower! Good luck to ya...✌️

Hi Budboy, thanks for the reply. The plants are growing in my attic which is pitch black outside the grow room so it couldn't be light leak. I did however move my 4 hrs of darkness forward 1 hr 12 days ago, would this have caused male parts if that's what they are. Either way should I remove them, and if she drops seeds are they likely to be female?
I have a 3rd plant on 10 day of flower will this plant be ok or could it get effected?

Hi Budboy, thanks for the reply. The plants are growing in my attic which is pitch black outside the grow room so it couldn't be light leak. I did however move my 4 hrs of darkness forward 1 hr 12 days ago, would this have caused male parts if that's what they are. Either way should I remove them, and if she drops seeds are they likely to be female?
I have a 3rd plant on 10 day of flower will this plant be ok or could it get effected?

I don't think that moving them forward would cause that. Sometimes it's just in the genetics of the plant.
I would be careful and try to remove them, and yes you possibly will have female seeds.
On effective of other plants its possible. I would keep a close eye on them right now. And still let them grow out. They do look good bro! Just trying to help you out. Keep asking and the later in the day people here on 420 will help you...Good Luck!

If you are talking about real LST.... (low stress training) you are too late. I still rotate my plants so I have not done this yet but you can use yo yo hangers or even string to lightly pull apart branches and connect/ tie them to the frame of your grow space. This is moreso a technique used to help branches with very heavy buds stay upright than to pull apart the plants structure. This, has a higher potential for failure though because one push to far and you hear, crrrrrack.... and just like that you have harvested one of your primo branches too early. If you do any sort of manipulation that requires the plant to bend, make sure you do so when they are a bit water starved... as when they are thirsty they lose their rigidity.

For example, I watered yesterday afternoon and this morning while rotating my plants I nearly lost a major cola by just brushing it with my arm. Thankfully there was no actual break to the flesh and I wrapped and it stood back up on its own but I still wrapped a little bit of flexible tape around the area to help it strengthen again. But even something as simple as that will cause stress on that branch and plant will divert its energy to repairing the inner structure before it goes back to bud building again.

Thanks, more great info. Heading up shortly to have a go. I've broken one or two leaves rotating them myself. I will see how flexible they are and maybe try give the buds a little more light. Going to give her a flush tomorrow as I last watered Sunday night, 1ltr water 4ml bloom.

When adjusting light.
In nature light days get shorter or longer buy 2 mins per day so don't jump time do it in 15 min increments once every few days if your worried about it. You made the day shorter by 1 hour I think you are ok but 2 hours would be enough to trigger auxin which makes it tired and the plant will know based on other hormone levels it's time to flower because winter is coming.

Update!
Have flushed the plant on left. Right next week. Tall fecker in 5. Starting 2 more on Monday. This time with some more experience and knowledge. Can't wait to start again.

What do you guys think should I wait until I have them all harvested. Add another light put 6 in and do sea of green.!!?????
420-magazine-mobile1406113105.jpg
420-magazine-mobile71262749.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1670829865.jpg
420-magazine-mobile486364319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom