Help please! New to indoor grow

cptmorgan420

Hey everyone! First item growing indoors, last year was 100% outdoors.
Has been going smoothly until the month mark.
Starting to show signs of brown/yellowy spots on some of the leaves.

I've properly inspected the leaves and I can cancel out mites so that's a good thing
But now I'm stuck on what it is.

Here is a picture,
Help would be very much appreciated.

image374.jpeg
image373.jpeg

At the moment I'm using nutrifield root nectar and veg igniter.
What's thrips? Haha I'm such a newb.

Thrips are little insects that nibble on leaves. they look like a tiny bit of dirt, but move when they are disturbed.

Root Nectar breaks down complex compounds so plants have more readily available nutrients

It could be just overfeeding, or the pH is too acidic, causing a lock out of calcium, which looks like a deficiency.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

What is your grow medium?

Aaaaah yeah. I've given it a good spray of neem oil a few days ago.

The medium is 50% organic soil, 30% perlite, 10% coco coir, and 10% peat moss.

I thought it may have been over feeding, although I haven't given it nutes in about 3 days.
I gave it a little cal max tonight to hopefully bring it back to 100%

Aaaaah yeah. I've given it a good spray of neem oil a few days ago.

The medium is 50% organic soil, 30% perlite, 10% coco coir, and 10% peat moss.

I thought it may have been over feeding, although I haven't given it nutes in about 3 days.
I gave it a little cal max tonight to hopefully bring it back to 100%

Hi captain!

I have these lying around should you want something to refer to for any other problems you might have. I agree with bushmen and Richard. Cal/mag.

I couldn't help notice the slight stem discoloration that looked like a bitta phosphorous def. a light reddening/darkening of the stem. I had a phosph def recently and it went bonkers. A light nute feed fixed that.
Manganese and magnesium both have yellow/brown spots so when considering cal/mag, consider Mn (manganese) as well.

Check these out:

image33259.jpg
image33256.jpg
image33258.jpg
image33257.jpg
image33260.jpg

WW thankyou so much for the reply
that chart with pictures really helps heaps.

It turns out it was a slight calcium def, looking really good atm.

thanks heaps for the tip of the reddish stem too, I've spent so much time looking at just the leaves, that i forgot to check out the whole plant, will have to give it a nice dose tomorrow.

I do have a slight issue atm too, little yellowing marks on the leaves of one plant.

IMG_121332.JPG

Any ideas?

WW thankyou so much for the reply
that chart with pictures really helps heaps.

It turns out it was a slight calcium def, looking really good atm.

thanks heaps for the tip of the reddish stem too, I've spent so much time looking at just the leaves, that i forgot to check out the whole plant, will have to give it a nice dose tomorrow.

I do have a slight issue atm too, little yellowing marks on the leaves of one plant.

IMG_121332.JPG

Any ideas?

By the pics I'm going with pH fluctuation. I dread to say root rot, but by the pics it also looks like that, but i guess one shouldn't exclude and symptoms without evidence but there must be a way to deduce root rot or pH fluctuation, or both. I do not reccomend digging them up causing them to stress and herm their way out, how ever I'm having a think over this. To be honest as much as I'm advising against digging it up a bit to see how the roots are, I would probably do that as a last resort under controlled circumstances cause my pots are black and there's no way to see inside.

It did occur to me why grow shops haven't created a pot with a see transparent portion of the window you could peep into for such a situation to avoid digging them up. Kind of how like some grow tents have a window you can peer into without disturbing the internal environment.

I'm just gonna run to the garden to snap some non cannabis plants mum is growing. They have similar differences and I thought it would give you a greater picture when the whole plant is going in that deficiency direction. Brb!

I've seen some plants that've got pH fluctuation/root rot written all over it. They are still growing, but after getting on board the "plant deficiency" train I noticed a lot of plants that could use some help here and there.

Do see if you can find some way to counter root rot. I recall someone adding a chemical component that helped reduce and rid of it, but I can't recall it. I'll have a look around and see if I find that bit of information again.

Wow thanks heaps for the informative reply!

I hope to god its not root rot, there has been some big Ph flux lately.. so hopefully it's just that.
Because stupidly i haven't been testing my tap waters pH, and finally after testing, i found out it was sitting at 8.

So as of late, I've been adding a very small about of citric acid into my water, which brings it right down to the required amount (6.8-7)

Just incase though, i do have some cannazym lying around the house somwhere, so maybe a touch of that won't hurt in case it is a bit of root rot.

Wow thanks heaps for the informative reply!

I hope to god its not root rot, there has been some big Ph flux lately.. so hopefully it's just that.
Because stupidly i haven't been testing my tap waters pH, and finally after testing, i found out it was sitting at 8.

So as of late, I've been adding a very small about of citric acid into my water, which brings it right down to the required amount (6.8-7)

Just incase though, i do have some cannazym lying around the house somwhere, so maybe a touch of that won't hurt in case it is a bit of root rot.

Fantastic! What are you using to check your pH.. Strips, pH test kit or a pH meter? I'm gonna guess pH meter with .00 accuracy..?

You're correct sir.

Its a digital pH meter with a .00 accuracy.
Ive tried the strips/ph test kit and it never really works out for me haha, i also have a pH meter stick thingy always in the soil, but the accuracy on that is terrible.

You're correct sir.

Its a digital pH meter with a .00 accuracy.
Ive tried the strips/ph test kit and it never really works out for me haha, i also have a pH meter stick thingy always in the soil, but the accuracy on that is terrible.

Yea I'm using pH strips. Nt very good at all, but gives me a vague idea of what pH I'm at. I stress on the word Vague. I've got a pH meter in transit somewhere but it's sitting thousands of miles away and I'm waiting for its arrival, but that's a few months away for technical reasons. Can't find good pH meters in my area. I found one but it was a rip off. A Chinese un branded pH meter for almost $60. I told the chap to go eF himself politely. I'm sure he ripped me off on the strips as well. Dick. Wouldn't even negotiate so I walked off.

One more question (2 parts) since you have more experience handling pH meters: 1) what kind (brand) do you have, And 2) do you find yourself having to I calibrate it often (I'm referring to the one NOT in soil all the time, I'll assume that's a soil pH meter with basic functionality.). I thought those would be best but since you say otherwise I have my doubts to go in that's to direction.

I've got this one, but it's not in my possession yet and might take a while to get here. Possibly sometime early next year for my next grow.

image33320.jpg

Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom