Help, please: leaf discoloration, what am I doing wrong?

Barberbarian

420 Member
I have a baby in the second week of nutes. I saw some spots last week, but figured it was magnesium deficiency. Added 3 tsp epsom salt to 12 liters water, water has peroxide in the mix for algae control. Using Sensei Grow from Advanced Nutrients. Ph and PPM are all within ranges from what I can tell. Keeping humidity up into the 40-50 range is doable barely in my region, so I don’t believe it’s fungal. I’ve got pests handled (scorpions don’t hurt plants, just other bugs). Light is 34” away so temps don’t get too high. Fans, ac, ventilation. Maybe I need to add something to the diet?

618E4A75-F7B0-45E4-B6B5-3FE297F67990.jpeg

52254892-49F0-4ACF-9FA6-FAC85FD2834A.jpeg

440E8813-E148-49E5-B143-248107C4AD96.jpeg

I have a baby in the second week of nutes. I saw some spots last week, but figured it was magnesium deficiency. Added 3 tsp epsom salt to 12 liters water, water has peroxide in the mix for algae control. Using Sensei Grow from Advanced Nutrients. Ph and PPM are all within ranges from what I can tell. Keeping humidity up into the 40-50 range is doable barely in my region, so I don’t believe it’s fungal. I’ve got pests handled (scorpions don’t hurt plants, just other bugs). Light is 34” away so temps don’t get too high. Fans, ac, ventilation. Maybe I need to add something to the diet?

618E4A75-F7B0-45E4-B6B5-3FE297F67990.jpeg

52254892-49F0-4ACF-9FA6-FAC85FD2834A.jpeg

440E8813-E148-49E5-B143-248107C4AD96.jpeg
Hey @Barberbarian hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about your lady.
Are you putting cal mag in your mix 10 minutes before your nutrients?
Are you ph'ing to 5.8 feeding full strength veg nutrient?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Potassium/ magnesium deficiency? Plant has a really good green color. @Bill284
Not sure what your saying my friend.
She isn’t eating properly and has poor color.

Stay safe
Bill

To answer everyone above, I have no calmag but I have been using epsom salt in the water. And that’s where I believe the problem is at the moment after further examination. I’m trying to figure out ways to pull water temps down because it’s lowered the ability of the water to maintain enough oxygen, and my roots are growing a layer of film.

15AC7F73-D0E9-455A-B498-EC8B78268952.jpeg

To answer everyone above, I have no calmag but I have been using epsom salt in the water. And that’s where I believe the problem is at the moment after further examination. I’m trying to figure out ways to pull water temps down because it’s lowered the ability of the water to maintain enough oxygen, and my roots are growing a layer of film.

How are you mixing your nutrients?

When was the last time you did a res change?

It does look like you are having a deficiency issue but it may be related to uptake not necessarily that you are missing something in your mix.

It looks like you are trying a bubble phonics set up. Is this correct?

If so how high is your water level? Above below or at the base of the net pot?

Have you grown using this grow method?

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
That film on your roots can be a big problem.
Do you have access to Hydroguard, great for helping roots.
That temp problem won't get better with the heat comming.
You will have to address that going forward.
Happy growing.

Stay safe:cool:
Bill

So ladies and gents, it came down to water temps and oxygen levels. The bulb I was using put off high temperatures to deal with, plus outside conditions. The final solution was a trough of water to put my grow in! Keeps temps regulated way easier now! Also, went over to led for light heat output.

F4DF725A-EBF6-4696-ADEC-CB499B2F99A0.jpeg

Add H₂O₂ soonest! And then, after (hopefully) killing off whatever microbial life that is sliming your roots, supplement at ~15ml per gallon of nutrient solution daily.

By the way - to me - that in post #8 does not appear to show a high degree of active aeration. I would expect to see WAY more bubbles bursting at the surface than that, in a picture. Unless, that is, you have three of whatever you use to aerate that bucket - and you've shut two of them down, for some reason, to take that picture. Get the DO level up, and keep it that way. Supplement with H₂O₂ both for its antimicrobial effect and because it (+/-) quickly decomposes into H₂O... and O₂.

Your plant might benefit from the addition of one of these to your DWC reservoir:
full

Whoops ;). One of THESE:

full

It's called an aquarium power head, and they're not expensive. The ones I use are "Aqua-Tech Power Head Submersible Pump for Aquariums," and they should be available at your local China— er... WalMart for $22.82. If not stocked in your local store, you can order it from the website. And, BtW, if/when I add one, I don't remove the air pump / airstones, instead I run them together. Although I'm used to somewhat larger reservoirs (plastic totes), so you may or may not be fine with just an aquarium power head. They bring nutrient solution up from the bottom region of the reservoir through a tube, and pump it outwards (there's a directable plastic thing for aiming), which means your reservoir will be constantly mixed. More importantly, they also pull air in through a smaller tube from outside your reservoir and inject it into that nutrient flow, via Venturi effect. Highly effective, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom