What am I doing wrong?

BrokenAngel

I am a complete newbie. I dont know ph or soil testing but this is what I have and what I have done:
I am using a 60W clear reveal bulb with a silver industrial round reflector. Basic potting soil with drainage (rocks and drain holes). I have fed it miracle grow about two or three times about 10-15 drops per 32 oz of water. I water every 3-4 days. A simple small fan is blowing lightly near the plant. When I began having problems I looked on the forum and tried the closest solution to my problem and gave my plant a couple of small doses of epson salts and water solution (about 16 oz of fluid at a time) a couple of days apart. The plant is about 2 feet tall and I have tried to begin the light/dark stage. But its growing very slow. And not improving on its health. What is the simplest thing to do? Please help.:helpsmilie:

# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Potting Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative/Flowering
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - (1) 60 Watt Clear Reveal
Nutrients - Miracle Grow
Room Temperature -72 to 84
Room Square Footage - 10' x 10'
Pests - None Known

PROBLEM: Leaves turning upward on the edges and the actually leaf almost looks like the quadrants on the leaves are bubbling up. You can see it in the pictures provided. It is not a change in color. In addition the bottom leaves are slowly dying one at a time. Turning yellow then dying
Confidential_001.jpg
Confidential_004.jpg
Confidential_003.jpg
Confidential_002.jpg
Confidential_008.jpg
Confidential_007.jpg
Confidential_006.jpg

Well first....

I think the wrong kind of light. That sounds like a normal light bulb. If it is, then the wrong color spectrum. Go buy some CFL's in the blue range (for now).

In my signature is another link on How to Grow...
This post will help you more than anything else at this point; it's much faster for you to read and understand. If you don't understand any of the pieces, come back here and ask about them. (pH, EC, PPM, Humidity......) Once you do that, then we don't have to check that you are already covering the basics.
--

And also a link to a pictorial problem solver.

Then when you have questions, we don't have to cover the basics all over again. And you can then get better help in solving the problem.

There is a large active following here that can be very helpful in figuring out most problems.

PrairiePoet: I will definitely get new lighting. Thank you for all the links you suggested. I have looked at most of them many times over the last couple of months. The pictures of problems is wonderful but I just dont seem to find anything that seems close to my problem or maybe Im missing something. I thought it was a magnesium problem based on the picture. But after giving the plant a mild epson salt mixture slowly over three days I saw no improvement. So Im scratching my head. Also gave it miracle grow 2-3 times.

I will continue reading your links though. I suppose I am use to doing it the easy way. Planting and walking out of the room of sunlight, watering a couple of days, and it grew on its own. I did that twice years ago but I used natural sunlight this time false lighting.

All these months of work and it seems to be dying slowly...so frustrating.:trance:

I think your soil temp is too high and you're baking your roots. Wrap the pot with something to keep the light off of it. you can put the pot in a trash bag and put that in 65-70 degree water in a tub for a bit if your concerned about shocking your roots with cool water. That will cool down the soil.

I noticed the same thing starting on just a few leaves, turned out my soil was 78 degrees. After wrapping it my soil stays around 73. Those reflective sun shields for car windshields work excellent and are inexpensive.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom