What am I doing wrong?

I thought that testing the PPM of the 'run-off' was part of work involved in growing in coco or with any hydro method.

it's relevant in true hydro where the roots are constantly in a circulating water media. elsewhere it gets super tricky.

Soil growers can end up running ragged chasing PPM and pH of run-off growing in a soil, though.

other media has the same result in various degrees.

EDIT: I get my knowledge also for the EC RUN OFF from here How to Manage Run-off EC

it's only relevant to a particular grow method with that particular media. to get the same results you would need to copy exactly. it changes between growers, changes with choice of media, and can change from plant to plant.

some folk successfully incorporate run off as an informational tool. there's at least one on the board who actively does so now - @Wastei - absolutely fantastic grower, but he has the rest of his stuff dialed as well. he doesn't lean on it.

the growers tracking run off are mostly the exception not the rule. most growers quickly discover it's not worth the time.

read through a few journals and you'll find only a handful of folk who have found it useful.

when i first started hempy i used to monitor it. it destroyed my grows until i learned to ignore it. i was trying to use the information feedback the same as in coco, and it was a disaster.

i grow by a read on the plants. i don't need run off to inform me.

From what I've heard it's hard to overdo on calmag so Im gonna give some.

excess calmag interferes with other nutrients and shows up masquerading as other problems. if you use too much, you wind up trying to fix things that aren't the root of the problem. it becomes easy to spiral into an uncontrollable situation.

BioBizz CalMag is organic so it will have slow release.

it doesn't work that way at all. it's as immediate as any other cal-mag product.

biobizz is only a decent product. it is not an outstanding nute line in any way. i've never been impressed by it. they rely on the "organic" handle. which it mostly isn't. if it's in a bottle, there's gonna be a mineral derivative in it somewhere.

Ok thanks for the feedback guys.
So about the feeding times. If you see some nute burn while growing in coco, do you water with just ph plain water ?
Or do you continue feeding with less intensity?
Some people say 2 feedings in a row, 1 watering etc etc.
Some people say always feed with every watering because if you dont you disrupt the EC in the coco..

EDIT: Guys, I was reading other peoples problems and someone wrote about "Wind Burn"
So I was like wait a minute, my leaves are dry and look burned in the area that my fan blows wind and I have it on max setting hitting only one spot cause the mechanism is broken...
Ok I will change the direction of the fan so it can blow air on the plants passively.

So about the feeding times. If you see some nute burn while growing in coco, do you water with just ph plain water ?
Or do you continue feeding with less intensity?
Some people say 2 feedings in a row, 1 watering etc etc.
Some people say always feed with every watering because if you dont you disrupt the EC in the coco..

when running bottle nutes many growers go to ffw to reduce any chance of lockout. others go to multiple feedings per day at lower ec levels. it all depends on how experienced you are and how comfortable you are with the choices.

there are some nute lines where it's recommended to feed every time.

you are running a classic bottle nute - GH - that does better on ffw generally while following close to the recommended schedule.

EDIT: Guys, I was reading other peoples problems and someone wrote about "Wind Burn"
So I was like wait a minute, my leaves are dry and look burned in the area that my fan blows wind and I have it on max setting hitting only one spot cause the mechanism is broken...
Ok I will change the direction of the fan so it can blow air on the plants passively.

indirect is good, oscillating is better. if you have wind burn the leaves closest to the source will twist away from it.

Great advice from the right people.
Cant say i have ever tested my run of in coco.
Dont see the need myself in coco.
Hope things turn around for you.
Coco is a great medium and very forgiving when things go wrong.
:thumb:

Hey guys everything is going golden, explosive growth everything dialed in but!
I just noticed this..
I have no clue, this happened to these leaves
IMG_20231018_232028_1.jpg

Hey guys everything is going golden, explosive growth everything dialed in but!
I just noticed this..
I have no clue, this happened to these leaves
IMG_20231018_232028_1.jpg
Hungry girls, what are you feeding today?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hungry girls, what are you feeding today?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Im curious cause only these 2 leaves show deficiency, everything else is doing realy ok. So Im worrying if it's root rot or something like that..
Im feeding per US Gallon
GH:
5ml Micro
6ml Gro
2ml Bloom

PPM: 750

Im feeding twice a day sometimes 3
RH: 50-55

Im curious cause only these 2 leaves show deficiency, everything else is doing realy ok. So Im worrying if it's root rot or something like that..
Im feeding per US Gallon
GH:
5ml Micro
6ml Gro
2ml Bloom

PPM: 750

Im feeding twice a day sometimes 3
RH: 50-55
In veg once a day to run off is how I feed my coco.
Do you put cal mag in the plain water first?
Are you setting the ph to 5.8
If that color is correct they aren't getting the n at the bottom of the 5.8 scale.
What's the ph?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

everything looks a bit pale to me indicating general hunger. it might just be the lighting of the photo though.

the partly yellow leaves could be an extension of the hunger, or a simple variegation depending on what that photo is showing.

ph is 5.8, sometimes 5.7 sometimes 5.9
Everything is ok, it does look paled but it is because of the lights
I did a little research, it's just a tiny mutation, that's why it's yellow only that certain leaf.
I just fliped the switch today. It's gonna be enormous from what've seen.
I will send pics 3 weeks into flower.
Iam planing to do some defolation on the bottom parts after they stretch.
Is it a good idea ?

ph is 5.8, sometimes 5.7 sometimes 5.9
Everything is ok, it does look paled but it is because of the lights
I did a little research, it's just a tiny mutation, that's why it's yellow only that certain leaf.
I just fliped the switch today. It's gonna be enormous from what've seen.
I will send pics 3 weeks into flower.
Iam planing to do some defolation on the bottom parts after they stretch.
Is it a good idea ?
Flipped the switch, on the timer 12/12?
That's a perfect plan. :thumb:
Try and get some natural light pics if you get a chance.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Flipped the switch, on the timer 12/12?
That's a perfect plan. :thumb:
Try and get some natural light pics if you get a chance.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yea 12/12.
Im geting the feeling it's gonna be huge..
I just have a problem with humidity. It's realy humid here today I can't drop the humidity below 60% inside...
Any tip ?

Yea 12/12.
Im geting the feeling it's gonna be huge..
I just have a problem with humidity. It's realy humid here today I can't drop the humidity below 60% inside...
Any tip ?
Other than good air circulation and an ac no, sorry.
But you don't need to drop your rh until you have flowers, imo.
60-70 rh is ok in veg, no harm.
Don't fret.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I just have a problem with humidity. It's really humid here today I can't drop the humidity below 60% inside...
Any tip ?

what is the ambient rh% in the rest of the house ? there might be a couple things you can do.

Back
Top Bottom