What am I doing wrong?

Looking good and they seem to have made it through the vegetating stage in excellent shape. And the flowering looks like it is going to be top notch.

Don't worry about the 3 month time frame. Some growers have gone longer:) especially those who grow a mother plant for cuttings that will become clones. I have 3 mothers in the flowering tent that were all cut off their mother in Jan of 22. Then they were mothers until Feb and March of 23 when they ended up in the tent.;).
They've been through a lot believe me...
All of these plants were transplanted with no medium on the roots(naked) just pure roots hanging from them, and planted in a new coco coir perlite mixture.
This caused them the biggest stress. They were like dead, but I believed in them, took it slowly and after 1 month they started flourishing again.
I did give them wrong amount of nutrients, I did overwater them, I did give them cal-mag even if they didn't need it.
All these caused nutrient lockouts. But I found the right dosage. I was waiting patiently(most of the times) to see how they react. I learned a lot and now my second grow is going to be monstrous(I hope).
I realized how nescesary is the water collecting tray.
This is going to be in my next shoping list and a good dehumidifier.
After finishing this grow Im thinking putting all my fabric pots in a mild disinfectant and anti bacterial solution to remove all the algae, and flush out the coco coir medium.
Can I soak the coco coir solution in a mild disinfectant and antibacterial solution, then wash away with pure water then add new mycorrhizal to the medium ?

Well done. Those look great 👍
Thanks m8. The next will be better I think :p

Hello again people!!
Ok so I guess nobody knows the answer to my previous question so I will ask a new one.
Now that Im Week 5 of flowering, my medium(coco coir/perlite) gets dry realy quickly.
I have a dehumidifer running at max and my Relative Humidity is around 45% to 50%.
So it seems I have to water 2 times every day.
Do you think it's too much ?
And in flowering how often do you add nutes? I do 2 feedings 1 watering?
I add Terra Aquatica ProBloom also, but I can't find any reviews online from customers...

pretty confident coco can be rinsed, rebuffered with calmag and reused.

yes it’s ok to feed coco multiple times per day. Always feed with nutrients - coco is totally inert- there are zero nutrients to sustain a plant. Nope on the plain water- plain water does nothing to help a plant grow in coco coir. So yes add nutes every time and feed to slight runoff.

Dirty dirt farmer here but i will defs shout out to @Bill284 for confirmation

yes it’s ok to feed coco multiple times per day. Always feed with nutrients - coco is totally inert- there are zero nutrients to sustain a plant. Nope on the plain water- plain water does nothing to help a plant grow in coco coir. So yes add nutes every time and feed to slight runoff.

13 Is spot on i have had ladies that wanted 3 feeds a day and never with out nutes in flower or veg.
Its a big commitment coco in flower with a few ladies why i turned to a dip system.
You dont ever want it drying all the way out defo not in flower unless there is a good reason.
happy growing :)

Hello again people!!
Ok so I guess nobody knows the answer to my previous question so I will ask a new one.
Sorry about that. Sometimes comments and questions get lost and it could be months or years before they get noticed.;)

I add Terra Aquatica ProBloom also, but I can't find any reviews online from customers...
The Terra Aquatica line used to be General Hydroponics (GHE). The company changed the name over awhile ago. It might have something to do with not finding customer reviews on-line.

Took a quick look and Mr Google came up with a couple of user comments and a youtube video but they were on the Terra Aquatica line and not any specific product. And it seemed that the comments were from "growing hydroponically" websites and not discussions specifically on growing Cannabis.

I don't add CalMag! I have hard water, so I use GH Tripart Series for Hard Water and it works perfectly.
My tap water is full of minerals!
I used to nutefeed 2 times, then water with just plain water for 1 time.
Ok Im gonna continue giving full power nutes!
13 Is spot on i have had ladies that wanted 3 feeds a day and never with out nutes in flower or veg.
Its a big commitment coco in flower with a few ladies why i turned to a dip system.
You dont ever want it drying all the way out defo not in flower unless there is a good reason.
happy growing :)
I lolipoped a bit the budsites that didn't get enough light from the bottom of the plant.
From what I have read online it's ok to lollipop at week 3!
Tell me if Im wrong on that :)
Sorry about that. Sometimes comments and questions get lost and it could be months or years before they get noticed.;)

The Terra Aquatica line used to be General Hydroponics (GHE). The company changed the name over awhile ago. It might have something to do with not finding customer reviews on-line.

Took a quick look and Mr Google came up with a couple of user comments and a youtube video but they were on the Terra Aquatica line and not any specific product. And it seemed that the comments were from "growing hydroponically" websites and not discussions specifically on growing Cannabis.
No worries, it's ok!!
Me too I can't find anything about ProBloom for cannabis.
It says it can increase yields by 20%, it's a realy thick compound! You just need to add 8 drops in gallon.
I can't wait for Harvest people... The buds smell incredible and it's my first hydropronic grow.
And it was a pain in the ass!!
Thank you people

I don't add CalMag! I have hard water, so I use GH Tripart Series for Hard Water and it works perfectly.
My tap water is full of minerals!
I used to nutefeed 2 times, then water with just plain water for 1 time.
Ok Im gonna continue giving full power nutes!

I lolipoped a bit the budsites that didn't get enough light from the bottom of the plant.
From what I have read online it's ok to lollipop at week 3!
Tell me if Im wrong on that :)

No worries, it's ok!!
Me too I can't find anything about ProBloom for cannabis.
It says it can increase yields by 20%, it's a realy thick compound! You just need to add 8 drops in gallon.
I can't wait for Harvest people... The buds smell incredible and it's my first hydropronic grow.
And it was a pain in the ass!!
Thank you people
I have had no issues taking what i dont need upto and passed the 3rd week.
Im just not as heavy handed after that the 3rd week mark and will tuck before i pluck if possible.
BTW anything im saying is not for auto grows i would not be messing much with an auto.
:)

They've been through a lot believe me...
All of these plants were transplanted with no medium on the roots(naked) just pure roots hanging from them, and planted in a new coco coir perlite mixture.
This caused them the biggest stress. They were like dead, but I believed in them, took it slowly and after 1 month they started flourishing again.
I did give them wrong amount of nutrients, I did overwater them, I did give them cal-mag even if they didn't need it.
All these caused nutrient lockouts. But I found the right dosage. I was waiting patiently(most of the times) to see how they react. I learned a lot and now my second grow is going to be monstrous(I hope).
I realized how nescesary is the water collecting tray.
This is going to be in my next shoping list and a good dehumidifier.
After finishing this grow Im thinking putting all my fabric pots in a mild disinfectant and anti bacterial solution to remove all the algae, and flush out the coco coir medium.
Can I soak the coco coir solution in a mild disinfectant and antibacterial solution, then wash away with pure water then add new mycorrhizal to the medium ?

Thanks m8. The next will be better I think :p
I use hot water to wash cloth pots, soak & scrub a bit usually comes right off.
Hello again people!!
Now that Im Week 5 of flowering, my medium(coco coir/perlite) gets dry realy quickly.
I have a dehumidifer running at max and my Relative Humidity is around 45% to 50%.
So it seems I have to water 2 times every day.
Do you think it's too much ?
And in flowering how often do you add nutes? I do 2 feedings 1 watering?
2 or three feeds a day can be necessary to keep roots moist and feeding nutrients to necessary processes.
Always with calmag first, full strength nutrients set to 5.8 ph to runoff to prevent salts building up.
I add bokashi, frass & DYNOMYCO to get microbes and fungi doing my work for me.
Just a thought.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hello guys again!!
Many months passed I had a successful grow all good!
I didn't want to create a new thread, I have slight problems with new gro.
Im running
BioBizz Coco mix 70%, Perlite 30%
Nutes are GHTripart using Lucas formula for Coco: perUSgallon
4ml Micro
6ml Bloom
Humidity:50-55%
Grow Lights: MarsHydro TSW2000(300W)
Light Distance: 35-40cm
Light Intensity: 60%
Temperature: 27-29 Celcius
TapWaterPPM: 300ppm

So I had a realy fast growth Im on day20
I watered 2times per day every12hours to be precise.
But I noticed these weird symptoms. At first I thought it was a Nitrogen toxicity.
So I did water with just plain water 6.0 ph with plenty run off just to be sure and now I started again.
But still these symptoms persist and I dunno what Im doing wrong.
I know that my tap water is extremely hard so that's why I don't add any CalMag as I did with my previous grow.
To bring tap water down I mix half a gallon from the dehumidified water and half from tapwater.
So I get a starting 200ppm Water, then I add all my nutrients so final ppm is around 600ppm.
When the lights turn on everyplant is clawed(Which is the time the pic was taken) but after 3 hours all my plants are in a "pray" position..
What do think this might be ? Thanks a lot :)

IMG_20231010_160351.jpg

IMG_20231010_160426_1.jpg

Hello guys again!!
Many months passed I had a successful grow all good!
I didn't want to create a new thread, I have slight problems with new gro.
Im running
BioBizz Coco mix 70%, Perlite 30%
Nutes are GHTripart using Lucas formula for Coco: perUSgallon
4ml Micro
6ml Bloom
Humidity:50-55%
Grow Lights: MarsHydro TSW2000(300W)
Light Distance: 35-40cm
Light Intensity: 60%
Temperature: 27-29 Celcius
TapWaterPPM: 300ppm

So I had a realy fast growth Im on day20
I watered 2times per day every12hours to be precise.
But I noticed these weird symptoms. At first I thought it was a Nitrogen toxicity.
So I did water with just plain water 6.0 ph with plenty run off just to be sure and now I started again.
But still these symptoms persist and I dunno what Im doing wrong.
I know that my tap water is extremely hard so that's why I don't add any CalMag as I did with my previous grow.
To bring tap water down I mix half a gallon from the dehumidified water and half from tapwater.
So I get a starting 200ppm Water, then I add all my nutrients so final ppm is around 600ppm.
When the lights turn on everyplant is clawed(Which is the time the pic was taken) but after 3 hours all my plants are in a "pray" position..
What do think this might be ? Thanks a lot :)

IMG_20231010_160351.jpg

IMG_20231010_160426_1.jpg
Good morning Amigo.
So sorry about your hard water but you must use calmag.
Coco drains it from your girls so you must use it in coco.
It also helps with nutrient uptake.
A couple feeds with calmag in first will fix her.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Good morning Amigo.
So sorry about your hard water but you must use calmag.
Coco drains it from your girls so you must use it in coco.
It also helps with nutrient uptake.
A couple feeds with calmag in first will fix her.
Take care.

Bill284 😎
You sure about CalMag ?
On my last grow that lasted about 5months I only used Biobizz organic calmag for the first 2 months and after that none of it and had no problem!
And another weird thing is that Im testing ppm of my runoff is close to 0? The 1 of the 3 plants that's green and happy is giving normal results of runoff ppm!

You sure about CalMag ?
On my last grow that lasted about 5months I only used Biobizz organic calmag for the first 2 months and after that none of it and had no problem!
And another weird thing is that Im testing ppm of my runoff is close to 0? The 1 of the 3 plants that's green and happy is giving normal results of runoff ppm!
I know Coco drains it from the plant.
Some more than others but it pulls it from the plant.
Calmag also helps with nutrient uptake.
Your girls are hungry and scared, all signs of Calmag def.
Imo cm will rectify the issue.
@Azimuth & @bluter Good morning :ciao:
Do you have a different opinion of this issue?
Maby I'm wrong, let's see if there is a different issue here.
Thanks.

Bill284 😎

I know Coco drains it from the plant.
Some more than others but it pulls it from the plant.
Calmag also helps with nutrient uptake.
Your girls are hungry and scared, all signs of Calmag def.

i would consider a look at the calmag.

@Azimuth & @bluter Good morning :ciao:
Do you have a different opinion of this issue?

i'd like to know what is going on with ph.

i've never found chasing run off useful. you can really bind yourself up and make an issue worse that way. the important thing in growing is getting your inputs balanced and correct. run off doesn't help with that, and can change from plant to plant.

water from a dehumidifier can have a concentration of heavy metals in it. you'll find higher levels of lead and arsenic than you would in tap water for example, even if the ppm is lower than the tap. i never recommend using it.

run RO if you are having water issues.

Ok thanks a lot guys for you answers, I will start injecting some calmag into my diet.
I'll use BioBizz Cal-Mag-5ml/gl
(no lucas formula) I will play basic with TriPart GH
Micro:4ml
Gro: 5ml
Bloom: 1ml
pH: 5.8 ph

TotalPPM: around 750ppm
No dehumi water, I will use tap water(300ppm)
I will lower the humidity a bit to 45-50%
Watering with 10-20% RunOff every 12hours(2 times per day)

Sadly I don't have the money to invest in an RO system...
But when I do, I will :)

Ok thanks a lot guys for you answers, I will start injecting some calmag into my diet.
I'll use BioBizz Cal-Mag-5ml/gl
(no lucas formula) I will play basic with TriPart GH
Micro:4ml
Gro: 5ml
Bloom: 1ml
pH: 5.8 ph

TotalPPM: around 750ppm
No dehumi water, I will use tap water(300ppm)
I will lower the humidity a bit to 45-50%
Watering with 10-20% RunOff every 12hours(2 times per day)

Sadly I don't have the money to invest in an RO system...
But when I do, I will :)

considering the ppm on your tap you may not need calmag. it's good to have it in the toolbox though. as a general rule i don't use it unless i see a calmag ask.

considering the ppm on your tap you may not need calmag. it's good to have it in the toolbox though. as a general rule i don't use it unless i see a calmag ask.
That's what Im saying but, let's see if this is a calmag deficiency.
From what I've heard it's hard to overdo on calmag so Im gonna give some.
BioBizz CalMag is organic so it will have slow release.

On my 1st run I didn't fergigate twice a day, I was fertigating everyother day cause I was afraid of rot.
Now I get how hydroponics work, so I'm fertigating twice a day and I see rapid growth.
So maybe cause of this rapid growth that plants need more calmag :)

i've never found chasing run off useful. you can really bind yourself up and make an issue worse that way. the important thing in growing is getting your inputs balanced and correct. run off doesn't help with that, and can change from plant to plant.
I thought that testing the PPM of the 'run-off' was part of work involved in growing in coco or with any hydro method. Ending up with a 0 PPM in his coco run-off for the two plants does not sound right, though.

Soil growers can end up running ragged chasing PPM and pH of run-off growing in a soil, though.

What do think this might be ?
I don't know what it is or what it means. Most of the time if one of my plants is drooping a bit and then is back to normal within a few hours I do nothing. If it happens again I will usually just adjust the watering for that one plant and not worry. But I am growing in soil and not coco.

Looking at the plants in the photos in msg #70 my suggestion is to boost the amounts of Pottasium.

I thought that testing the PPM of the 'run-off' was part of work involved in growing in coco or with any hydro method. Ending up with a 0 PPM in his coco run-off for the two plants does not sound right, though.

Soil growers can end up running ragged chasing PPM and pH of run-off growing in a soil, though.

I don't know what it is or what it means. Most of the time if one of my plants is drooping a bit and then is back to normal within a few hours I do nothing. If it happens again I will usually just adjust the watering for that one plant and not worry. But I am growing in soil and not coco.

Looking at the plants in the photos in msg #70 my suggestion is to boost the amounts of Pottasium.
Funny thing is that run off was over 1000ppm but the meter showed like 020 or 030 but the actual reading was 1030 :p
Now my runoff ppm is close to inflow ppm which seems to be perfect, Im fertigating 2 times every 12 hours.
I removed some of the twisted growth. I will let things roll by doing consisent work and will see.
Some old leaves get a bit dry and harsh. I lifted the lights a bit higher cause maybe this is also a heat stress.
Im reaching 30Celcius daily which is 86F.

EDIT: I get my knowledge also for the EC RUN OFF from here How to Manage Run-off EC

Back
Top Bottom