What am I doing wrong?

Coco has to be watered to run off.
Roots at the bottom are searching for nutrients.
Plus you get salts build up if you don't.
The measurements you gave is that exactly what the schedule calls for?
I don't have a copy.
Is the coc9 washed & buffeted?

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎
The bad thing is that it doesn't say if it's washed or buffered...
In the black fabric pots you saw in the pictures above it has this kind of coco medium.
I don't think it was washed it's cost was low.
Now in these photos I posted, the plants in the white pots(3gallon) ones in BioBizz Coco Mix + Perlite.
These I could only transplant because they were younger with a smaller root system.
The other plants I posted above have a big root system, it's impossible to transplant. So I have no choice just to go with it.
If there is a way to wash somehow the crappy coco peat I use, while my plants are planted in it I would appreciate it.
I think that's the problem also. My PH is fine. I guess now we have to do with salt content and PPM.

IMG_20230128_143606.jpg

IMG_20230128_143133.jpg

IMG_20230128_143144_1.jpg

The bad thing is that it doesn't say if it's washed or buffered...
In the black fabric pots you saw in the pictures above it has this kind of coco medium.
I don't think it was washed it's cost was low.
Now in these photos I posted, the plants in the white pots(3gallon) ones in BioBizz Coco Mix + Perlite.
These I could only transplant because they were younger with a smaller root system.
The other plants I posted above have a big root system, it's impossible to transplant. So I have no choice just to go with it.
If there is a way to wash somehow the crappy coco peat I use, while my plants are planted in it I would appreciate it.
I think that's the problem also. My PH is fine. I guess now we have to do with salt content and PPM.

IMG_20230128_143606.jpg

IMG_20230128_143133.jpg

IMG_20230128_143144_1.jpg
Does it have an NPK on it?

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

Screenshot_20230128-075352_Chrome.jpg

typical biobiz / biocanna issues.

we need some uk growers in here, they constantly fight with this junk to get it to work. it's "organic based" so flushing either isn't in the cards or doesn't work except in extreme cases, as there's no real build up according to the mfgr, and they don't want you washing out the amendments they pre -loaded.

the media is a 50/50 mix of coco and god-knows-what. bio won't tell you. it's a franken-mix, and they are trying to protect the recipe.

as a result a straight coco approach doesn't work, and a straight peat/soil approach doesn't work. it claims to be buffered but we see loads of ph issues, so you may want to ph if you can't get things straightened.

i would try an approach closer to coco. try feeding according to their feed charts, coco needs fed to 10% runoff, and it needs fed twice or more daily from mid veg forward. you are probably feeding in the correct balance, just not enough times per day. increasing nute levels and feeding fewer times per day does not work, it will burn the plant up.

typical biobiz / biocanna issues.

we need some uk growers in here, they constantly fight with this junk to get it to work. it's "organic based" so flushing either isn't in the cards or doesn't work except in extreme cases, as there's no real build up according to the mfgr, and they don't want you washing out the amendments they pre -loaded.

the media is a 50/50 mix of coco and god-knows-what. bio won't tell you. it's a franken-mix, and they are trying to protect the recipe.

as a result a straight coco approach doesn't work, and a straight peat/soil approach doesn't work. it claims to be buffered but we see loads of ph issues, so you may want to ph if you can't get things straightened.

i would try an approach closer to coco. try feeding according to their feed charts, coco needs fed to 10% runoff, and it needs fed twice or more daily from mid veg forward. you are probably feeding in the correct balance, just not enough times per day. increasing nute levels and feeding fewer times per day does not work, it will burn the plant up.
Im not having issues with the biobizz coco mix, Im having issues with a coco peat mix that I brought when I first planted my 6 plants.
The 50l bag had a cost of 10 euro which is pretty cheap for a coco medium. So I guess it isn't washed nor buffered.
That means higher salt content. But I was struggling with pH at that time thinking that this is the problem, so I feeded it with the correct pH! Things somehow improved but then after like 2 weeks I had issues again. I was patient to get more details and evaluate the problem. So I thought my medium is not good, it doesn't breath well.
So I went and bought a bag of perlite and a 50lt bag of coco coir(biobizz) buffered and washed.
I transplanted 2 of my younger plants to the new coco mix with perlite I made.
The other 4 stayed in the old medium.
As I said above I was a fool enough when I watered not to have a runoff cause I was afraid of mold/fungi forming.
So if you notice in the pictures the ones in the black fabric pots are the ones that have the old medium.
The ones in the white farbic pots are the younger ones which got trasplanted in the biobizz coco mix with perlite.
So now I wait for the old medium to dry a bit and flush them for good.
For flushing and washing the medium what pH water do you recommend ?

Im not having issues with the biobizz coco mix, Im having issues with a coco peat mix that I brought when I first planted my 6 plants.

what have you got for info on it ? i was going by the bag pictured and matched it to a biobizz product from the colours.

i'm also unsure if the term coco peat is the mfgr making up a name, or if it references a coco with peat mix. there would be a big difference between them.

also much lawls at "as it is called overseas" :rofl:

The 50l bag had a cost of 10 euro which is pretty cheap for a coco medium. So I guess it isn't washed nor buffered.
That means higher salt content. But I was struggling with pH at that time thinking that this is the problem, so I feeded it with the correct pH! Things somehow improved but then after like 2 weeks I had issues again. I was patient to get more details and evaluate the problem. So I thought my medium is not good, it doesn't breath well.

probably could have used more perlite. a pre-wash would have been an idea. if it contains peat it wouldn't have quite worked the same however.

as it is you'll probably have to ph different for each media. if you are using the biobiz nutes they claim no need to ph. your mileage may vary on that. if you are still on the GH ph'ing is standard. transplanting the rest would simplify, as you could treat them similar.

So I went and bought a bag of perlite and a 50lt bag of coco coir(biobizz) buffered and washed.
I transplanted 2 of my younger plants to the new coco mix with perlite I made.
The other 4 stayed in the old medium.

you can transplant them if you want as long as they are not in flower.

in the past i've transplanted late in veg to fix root or media issues. i put them in a larger pot of the new media to help, and cut about a third off the bottom and edges of the rootball when i transplant. the plant will stall out for a bit as it rebuilds the root system and moves into the new media, then take right off.

As I said above I was a fool enough when I watered not to have a runoff cause I was afraid of mold/fungi forming.
So if you notice in the pictures the ones in the black fabric pots are the ones that have the old medium.

a simple rule is water to at least 10% run off in any passive media.

the algae forming on the top of the media should be benign. in rockwool you'll always have it. i run hempy all the time and it's always there to some degree. never an issue. i've seen it in hp once or twice as well. most times it just blooms / dies as the surface dries up.

The ones in the white fabric pots are the younger ones which got transplanted in the biobizz coco mix with perlite.
So now I wait for the old medium to dry a bit and flush them for good.

you don't have to wait if you are flushing. you can flush now, then feed them immediately after or wait til next dry cycle. i usually feed after a flush.

coco needs fed daily to multiple times a day from veg forward.

For flushing and washing the medium what pH water do you recommend ?

it won't matter. just flush through with a minimum 3x the pot size, to as much as 5x. easy way to do it is put them in the tub.

what have you got for info on it ? i was going by the bag pictured and matched it to a biobizz product from the colours.

i'm also unsure if the term coco peat is the mfgr making up a name, or if it references a coco with peat mix. there would be a big difference between them.

also much lawls at "as it is called overseas" :rofl:

probably could have used more perlite. a pre-wash would have been an idea. if it contains peat it wouldn't have quite worked the same however.

as it is you'll probably have to ph different for each media. if you are using the biobiz nutes they claim no need to ph. your mileage may vary on that. if you are still on the GH ph'ing is standard. transplanting the rest would simplify, as you could treat them similar.

you can transplant them if you want as long as they are not in flower.

in the past i've transplanted late in veg to fix root or media issues. i put them in a larger pot of the new media to help, and cut about a third off the bottom and edges of the rootball when i transplant. the plant will stall out for a bit as it rebuilds the root system and moves into the new media, then take right off.

a simple rule is water to at least 10% run off in any passive media.

the algae forming on the top of the media should be benign. in rockwool you'll always have it. i run hempy all the time and it's always there to some degree. never an issue. i've seen it in hp once or twice as well. most times it just blooms / dies as the surface dries up.

you don't have to wait if you are flushing. you can flush now, then feed them immediately after or wait til next dry cycle. i usually feed after a flush.

coco needs fed daily to multiple times a day from veg forward.

it won't matter. just flush through with a minimum 3x the pot size, to as much as 5x. easy way to do it is put them in the tub.
thanks a lot mate, your post was definitely helpful.
I also read Emilya Green how to water plants thread and it was what I needed.
Ok so Im going to flush my plants with just plain water in the bathtub and then Im gonna feed with the right amound of nutrients and ph.
I will post pictures and updates. I feel like things will get better!
This first grow with coco is a bit a pain in the ass but Im learning a lot.
The younger weed plants which I transplanted to smaller fabric pots are doing realy well and show signs of supergrowth following your advices people.
Now it's left to fix the issue with the old medium.

it does look like a sulfur def. can be caused by over flushing. you can use epsom to add extra back in. you might need to add it in to the media, i'd still try a foilar though, it can't hurt.

it does look like a sulfur def. can be caused by over flushing. you can use epsom to add extra back in. you might need to add it in to the media, i'd still try a foilar though, it can't hurt.
Im already seeing signs of improvement.
I sprayed some epsom salt water on all my plants and watered 2 of the most affected.
It feels realy nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel! :p

Ok so today I wasn't so afraid to touch my plants, so I I decided to experiment on 2 of my most healthy plants.
So I defoliated heavily and did LST.
I hope I did not overkill :p
I left some in the middle to make them dominant and pulled all the other branches down lower than the middle ones.
On the last photo I defoliated a bit more lightly than the first plant in the first images.
What do you think ?

IMG_20230202_190329.jpg

IMG_20230202_190344.jpg

IMG_20230202_191419.jpg

treat it like soil, and give her more food. 6.2 PH and let her dry out to 20% between watering. Its basically like cocoloco, which ive let totally dry out and go like 5 days with no ill effects, ( test purposes)

Another tip would be, dont defoliate, just cut all but the middle finger off the leafs. Cutting the entire leaf creates a stunned time period, but if you leave just even 1 finger on the leaf, it doesnt slow down almost at all.

treat it like soil, and give her more food. 6.2 PH and let her dry out to 20% between watering. Its basically like cocoloco, which ive let totally dry out and go like 5 days with no ill effects, ( test purposes)

Another tip would be, dont defoliate, just cut all but the middle finger off the leafs. Cutting the entire leaf creates a stunned time period, but if you leave just even 1 finger on the leaf, it doesnt slow down almost at all.
What do you mean by finger ?

What do you mean by finger ?

each leaf is made up of individual blades or "fingers"

i think i would have let it green up a touch more first. whenever you defol, shot for no more than 10% of the foliage. everyone goes over. much more and the plant can struggle for a bit or slow / stunt.

each leaf is made up of individual blades or "fingers"

i think i would have let it green up a touch more first. whenever you defol, shot for no more than 10% of the foliage. everyone goes over. much more and the plant can struggle for a bit or slow / stunt.
right on, sorry missed the reply bro.

So guys this is my first grow, I've done a lot of wrong things so I ended up vegging these for 3 months like.
But now I'm near the peak flowering.
This is now
Looking good and they seem to have made it through the vegetating stage in excellent shape. And the flowering looks like it is going to be top notch.

Don't worry about the 3 month time frame. Some growers have gone longer:) especially those who grow a mother plant for cuttings that will become clones. I have 3 mothers in the flowering tent that were all cut off their mother in Jan of 22. Then they were mothers until Feb and March of 23 when they ended up in the tent.;).

Back
Top Bottom