What am I doing wrong

Trade Mark

I just started a grow and I’m having some issues with my girls, I have a tiny ice cream cake that just doesn’t wanna grow and a blueberry that hates life.

The ice cream cake is just a random bagseed, I popped it and threw it in some coco seed starter mix. About a week later it started showing signs of an iron deficiency, I wasn’t sure why so I waited till it got closer to 2 weeks and just topped dressed it with an organic coco mix I had cooking up. It did get a little burnt which I figured it would but the new growth got darker and was growing. The problem is it just doesn’t wanna grow tall, it’s 3 weeks from seed and it’s only 3 inches tall, the fan leaves are so tiny it’s adorable but it’s also a waste of time and resources.
D144B649-49DD-4E3C-BEBF-887B8F5FE9F9.jpeg

Now for the blueberry, I popped 2 seeds and threw them in the same coco seed starter mix but this time I added worm castings and perlite. Once they stretched up towards the light the leaves started drooping really bad on both plants, at first I thought they needed water but after a few hours they never improved so I figured it must be the light, I had it at 100w 3ft above the plants, so I dialed the light back to 76w and the leaves finally perked up after a few hours. The next day when I got home from work one of the blueberries was drooping really bad again, it’s also showing signs of some type of deficiency but I’m not sure which one. When I checked on her this morning shortly before lights off she had perked up, but when the lights came back on she was drooping really bad and hasn’t improved all day so I’m not sure what’s going on with her, the other blueberry has been doing fine since I dialed the light back.
33F46D36-49DE-4816-B7D8-63C48FE922BC.jpeg

This was today before lights out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is what she currently looks like.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is what the other blueberry currently looks like.

742DC9CE-04E1-468E-8D3F-23473089CC82.png

Floor temp and rh is by the plants, air is just right above the light.

I’m tryna figure out what I’m doing wrong so any help and advice will definitely be appreciated.

that mix looks a bit dense for coco. how often are you watering ?
you could also fill the cups up. can't see them, but i'm hopin those solos also feature some holes in the bottom.

at this point i'm kinda leaning to they might be suffocating. not a hard fix.

the real work begins after that. what have you got lined up for nutes and gear ?

that mix looks a bit dense for coco. how often are you watering ?
you could also fill the cups up. can't see them, but i'm hopin those solos also feature some holes in the bottom.

at this point i'm kinda leaning to they might be suffocating. not a hard fix.

the real work begins after that. what have you got lined up for nutes and gear ?

For the ice cream cake I mixed a whole solo cup of the seed starter coco with half a solo of perlite, and the soil I topped with I mixed 6gl of tupur, 2gl of castings, and 2 gl of perlite and it’s been cooking up with earth dust base and bloom for over a month now. I’ve been watering it every three days with just recharge when the first inch feels a little damp and the cup feels light, it drains fairly quickly.

For the blueberries I mixed a whole solo cup of the seed starter coco, a whole solo of castings, and about 3/4 solo of perlite. The cups were more full but the medium compacted some more when I gave them their first watering on Monday. I’m gonna mix some more castings and perlite to top dress with and water with some added organic coconut water once the medium dries up some. One blueberry looks like she’s loving life but other one just looks like she hates life.

I just noticed the stem on the ice cream cake looks weird too, the bottom half is thinner then the top half and the bottom half is just funny looking.
FD664F15-0255-481D-8857-AF82A40D7C5B.jpeg

9D1FB992-431D-4979-AEB5-7AA4B8835D36.jpeg

09168299-9407-4D1F-B5D7-BE44EC8E678E.jpeg

543AE3F2-F65E-4616-A9B1-C48E08B6978A.jpeg

oh shit.
you're trying to do a sort of organic water only thing in a pre charged coco. this is essentially a frankenmix.

who sent you in this direction ? also - again - do you have holes in those cups ?
how many plants are you showing us ?

oh shit.
you're trying to do a sort of organic water only thing in a pre charged coco. this is essentially a frankenmix.

who sent you in this direction ? also - again - do you have holes in those cups ?
how many plants are you showing us ?

Lol a few you tubers I seen get great results, I just can’t seem to figure it out. There’s 3 plants 1 ice cream cake bag seed and 2 blueberry, only one blueberry looks terrible and other one looks fine and the ice cream cake is just staying tiny, it’s 3 weeks from seed and only about 3in tall. Yeah there’s holes in the bottom and they seem to drain fairly quickly.

Ice cream cake
image.jpg

image.jpg

Blueberry 1
9A72D1BB-C0BD-4B92-9C15-F745E1867E21.jpeg

14120977-E283-4EFA-887F-72B7B2D892DE.jpeg

D8A3B2A2-4D3F-4241-A51C-BCF13FE7D08F.jpeg

4B5DC6F5-7891-40AC-A2E4-D5314C98CF22.jpeg

Blueberry 2
E5335C6B-65F3-4CCE-A302-BAF848F6C132.jpeg

47BC6A95-B2EF-47A0-86D6-851CEFCDF18D.jpeg

2DB5F4A5-9F8E-4C4D-B1D0-E69CB4904A09.jpeg

well i feel better about the holes :p

i've no idea where you are on the nutes. and i'm not guessing. youtube is the worst place to grow weed. i like my own spaces lol.
the bigger ones could probably work with an up pot if you stay in the same grow style. i'd add perlite or something to loosen it up a bit though. the smaller seedlings look ok. they don't need much for nutes for a couple wks

Hello @Trade Mark hope you are well today.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Get your light closer give them some energy to grow.
You need to mix some calmag in water then add some light veg nutrients.
Set the ph to 5.8 and feed them a little bit every day.
Keep the coco wet at all times.
Do you have some bags to upcan them?
I'd use 5 gal bags or air pots and upcan them.
Do you have any mycorrhizae or anything to precharge your coco.
Also a little superthrive right now might help their health.
Stay safe.
Bill

I think they want more light, not less. (turn it back up and lower it down some or raise the plants up maybe)
I don't grow in coco tho so Idk about the rest.

Yeah the bigger ice cream cake definitely wants more light, the blueberries didn’t perk up till after I dialed it back I thought the light might have been too intense for only being a day old. It’s been a few days tho so I’ll turn the light back up.

Hello @Trade Mark hope you are well today.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Get your light closer give them some energy to grow.
You need to mix some calmag in water then add some light veg nutrients.
Set the ph to 5.8 and feed them a little bit every day.
Keep the coco wet at all times.
Do you have some bags to upcan them?
I'd use 5 gal bags or air pots and upcan them.
Do you have any mycorrhizae or anything to precharge your coco.
Also a little superthrive right now might help their health.
Stay safe.
Bill

I mixed earth dust base and bloom with some tupur, castings, and perlite it’s been cooking for over a month now and I’m gonna use that when I up pot, then I plan on watering with recharge and teas. Everyone I’ve seen do living organic grows always said a ph of 6-6.8 is ideal for organic but I’ll drop the ph and see how they respond. I’m gonna wait till the small blueberry plants dry up some then top dress with some castings and perlite then water with diluted organic coconut water and see how the shitty looking blueberry responds.

Hi @TM - none of them look too keen on the soil mix, high pH perhaps?
And ditto what Bill said

Yeah I used some burpees organic seed starter coco, it has an npk of .06-.03-.03. The bigger ice cream cake got just the burpees coco and perlite, I started seeing issues within the first week so I topped dressed it with my hot coco I had cooking up for over a month and it started looking a lot better and took off but stopped growing going into 3 weeks. I’ve heard that solo cups should last 3-4 weeks with no problem but I’m gonna up pot the ice cream cake today and see what those roots look like.

Everyone I’ve seen do living organic grows always said a ph of 6-6.8 is ideal for organic but I’ll drop the ph and see how they respond.

this is definitely not LOS and coco is definitely not soil. hydro rules are the normal coco approach including ph. but you've got soil amendments in something that isn't soil. blazing a new trail is interesting but there aren't any signposts helping you along the way.

have you run this system before ? you should get a journal up so we can follow. :)

this is definitely not LOS and coco is definitely not soil. hydro rules are the normal coco approach including ph. but you've got soil amendments in something that isn't soil. blazing a new trail is interesting but there aren't any signposts helping you along the way.

have you run this system before ? you should get a journal up so we can follow. :)

Yeah not a true living soil but organic, wish I could take credit for it but YouTube makes it seem like organic coco grows are more common lol. I’ve seen people get some big ass dank buds off of autos and photos with organic coco mixes. I’ve done living soil before so I wanted to give this a try.

I think my issue was starting them off in the seed starter coco I got from the hardware store which probably should’ve been treated like hydro, honestly I thought it was soil when I grabbed it lol. I up potted the bigger ice cream cake with my organic mix, I’ll see how these go before I decide if I wanna dedicate a journal to them.

If this ice cream cake doesn’t take off imma just toss it, same thing for the blueberry #1 the other blueberry looks fine but I’m just gonna leave them alone till they need watered again and see how it goes.

81BFF612-4A0F-4C14-B43E-EC07BDA02973.jpeg

365A7EFB-282C-4CE3-A230-993FA0116942.jpeg

5CD973A0-AD2E-486E-B950-4ECBA30B36B2.jpeg

My LED lights were moved to 1 ft away from top of the two girls. Just far enough to not feel any heat on my hand. They are Bubba Cookies, photoperiods. Bushy plants. Took awhile for them to grow vertically. Spread wide and I used LST to spread them out. Is that one in a bag in soil?

My LED lights were moved to 1 ft away from top of the two girls. Just far enough to not feel any heat on my hand. They are Bubba Cookies, photoperiods. Bushy plants. Took awhile for them to grow vertically. Spread wide and I used LST to spread them out. Is that one in a bag in soil?

I’m gonna start gradually increasing the power and drop the light a little since the smaller seedlings are getting adjusted to the light. I got it in an organic coco mix 60% coco, 20% worm castings, 20% perlite mixed up with earth dust.

Back
Top Bottom