Help! Seedling: Can't figure out what's wrong

@Emilya can't thank you enough. Just watered them last night, a bit under a quart (once run off happened). I didn't transplant them because I'm afraid to screw them up and wanted to see if I could save them in their current container. Next grow ill start in solo cups :)

They responded really well to my watering, but I have no idea what the pH levels are sitting at. I can't rely on my brand new pH pen , the thing is garbage. I guess you all have the industrial type, or strips/droplets?

I'm not sure if the underwatering also caused the yellowing bottom leaves. I also cant seem to correct the clawing tips on lady 1 , been like that for about 5 days without improving or getting worse. Any ideas?

inCollage_20201215_073319582.jpg

20201215_073419.jpg

Nothing happens instantly in the plant world. Run your plants through about 3 strong wet/dry cycles, and by that time the roots should be strong and most of your problems should go away. PH is totally unimportant until you start feeding synthetic nutes, which require a certain pH range... until then, don't worry about it. When it does become important, the pH of your incoming fluids is all that is important, don't worry about the soil pH. Now that I grow organically I don't have need to worry about pH, so I don't use a pen... but when I do, I have a nice digital one, accurate to two decimal places.

Nothing happens instantly in the plant world. Run your plants through about 3 strong wet/dry cycles, and by that time the roots should be strong and most of your problems should go away. PH is totally unimportant until you start feeding synthetic nutes, which require a certain pH range... until then, don't worry about it. When it does become important, the pH of your incoming fluids is all that is important, don't worry about the soil pH. Now that I grow organically I don't have need to worry about pH, so I don't use a pen... but when I do, I have a nice digital one, accurate to two decimal places.
Great, you're the best! I actually researched a lot before deciding to grow with soil, and right now I'm starting with HF to FFOF, but eventually I would like to create my own super soil like many of the more experienced growers do. Good to know pH isn't really a major concern when using soil, as I personally have no interest on the synthetic growing approach. Thank you so much for helping me out

@Emilya can't thank you enough. Just watered them last night, a bit under a quart (once run off happened). I didn't transplant them because I'm afraid to screw them up and wanted to see if I could save them in their current container. Next grow ill start in solo cups :)

They responded really well to my watering, but I have no idea what the pH levels are sitting at. I can't rely on my brand new pH pen , the thing is garbage. I guess you all have the industrial type, or strips/droplets?

I'm not sure if the underwatering also caused the yellowing bottom leaves. I also cant seem to correct the clawing tips on lady 1 , been like that for about 5 days without improving or getting worse. Any ideas?

inCollage_20201215_073319582.jpg

20201215_073419.jpg
You can get a soil spike that does pH and it tells you have wet or dry ur soil is and it does temperature aswell that's wat I use I haven't had a problem with it and I got a good oh pen off eBay aswell but U have calibrate the pens before using them

You can get a soil spike that does pH and it tells you have wet or dry ur soil is and it does temperature aswell that's wat I use I haven't had a problem with it and I got a good oh pen off eBay aswell but U have calibrate the pens before using them
Thanks for the suggestion, I see no harm in adding a soil spike to my arsenal. I did calibrate my pen, but when I stick it in water the number it gives me changes all the time, it never stays still. The odd time that it does, if I change the angle of the pen the pH also changes. I tested it further and kept removing the pen in and out of the solution, and all the results were out of wack. Disappointing. My TDM pen is also broken, and it's brand new. Junk from Amazon. I don't wanna spend $100+ on a pH pen tbh... at least not right now.

Thanks for the suggestion, I see no harm in adding a soil spike to my arsenal. I did calibrate my pen, but when I stick it in water the number it gives me changes all the time, it never stays still. The odd time that it does, if I change the angle of the pen the pH also changes. I tested it further and kept removing the pen in and out of the solution, and all the results were out of wack. Disappointing. My TDM pen is also broken, and it's brand new. Junk from Amazon. I don't wanna spend $100+ on a pH pen tbh... at least not right now.
I brought my pen off eBay I think it costed me about $25 it comes with the the calibration powder .just make sure U use distilled water to calibrate the pen and every time you use it U have to make sure U rinse it in clean water and keep the cap on the pen at all times to prevent the pH tester from drying out it comes with all the stuff U need

Back
Top Bottom