Help! What could be wrong?

Kkaut420

420 Member
Hello, I just started this grow about a month ago (my first grow too). The two larger plants are clones, while the smaller plants are from seeds. I am using a Morsen 1200w light, only about 2-3 feet from my clones, 4-5 feet from my babies. I'm thinking my plants are getting too much light. Or is it something else? The leaves are really curling, and I feel like nothing is growing as it should. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Pics follow.

420-magazine-mobile1494290291.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1449351746.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2017244443.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1310304675.jpg

Hello, I just started this grow about a month ago (my first grow too). The two larger plants are clones, while the smaller plants are from seeds. I am using a Morsen 1200w light, only about 2-3 feet from my clones, 4-5 feet from my babies. I'm thinking my plants are getting too much light. Or is it something else? The leaves are really curling, and I feel like nothing is growing as it should. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Pics follow.

420-magazine-mobile1494290291.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1449351746.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2017244443.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1310304675.jpg
In wich substrate u grow man? But i think that clones are not preperd for that. I mean you bud have dry air for clones. Wich is ur relavit humidity? As more info u give me, i will be abel to help u more. So give me more info, like i said, medium u grow, tem, RH, how old clones are, how are u plats from seeds etc. Will try to help but need more info.. . . .

Substrate? Not sure what you mean by that. I grow in happy frog soil, i have a fan blowing air around them, but not on them, RH is about 60%, temp low 70s to 75, lights on 18/6, clones about two months old, seedlings about a month, give or take a few days. I will admit I should have taken better notes on my babies for as growth start, but will do better in the future!

Ph is around 6. My water is around 8, so i have to use ph down. I just bought a digital tester, was using strips before.

Substrate? Not sure what you mean by that. I grow in happy frog soil, i have a fan blowing air around them, but not on them, RH is about 60%, temp low 70s to 75, lights on 18/6, clones about two months old, seedlings about a month, give or take a few days. I will admit I should have taken better notes on my babies for as growth start, but will do better in the future!
Also, i started my seedlings in smaller pots and under a daylight flourescent shoplight. Transplated and moved under led light about a week ago.

Also, i started my seedlings in smaller pots and under a daylight flourescent shoplight. Transplated and moved under led light about a week ago.
Oh, and the clones i got from a friend, and they were infested with spider mites, unknown to me! So i had to deal with those nasty pests on all my plants. Used neem oil, and forbid. They are gone but i continue to spray after lights out every other day as prevention. I was using nutrients, but quit once i read about nitrogen burn. I use real good soil, so nutrients isnt needed at the moment.

Hey Kkaut. I'm pretty novice myself but will offer some of my experience.

Your light only draws 213 watts even though its advertised as 1200, so I think they probably need more light as opposed to getting too much. The spectrum is also usually less than adequate with the cheaper off brand lights. Check out some of the sponsored LEDs here like Black Diamond or Mars Hydro.

If the clones came with mites, they probably attacked the seedlings too and everything was just too stressed to get going and was just trying to survive. Its a hearty plant were working with so with some love patience and persistence you can bring her back.

How long are you going between waterings? How much are you watering? What size are your containers? I would recommend to let the soil go completely dry between waterings, usually takes anywhere from 8-10 days for me and my environment is much dryer, around 45rh.

Your light only draws 213 watts even though its advertised as 1200, so I think they probably need more light as opposed to getting too much. The spectrum is also usually less than adequate with the cheaper off brand lights. Check out some of the sponsored LEDs here like Black Diamond or Mars Hydro.

If the clones came with mites, they probably attacked the seedlings too and everything was just too stressed to get going and was just trying to survive. Its a hearty plant were working with so with some love patience and persistence you can bring her back.

How long are you going between waterings? How much are you watering? What size are your containers? I would recommend to let the soil go completely dry between waterings, usually takes anywhere from 8-10 days for me and my environment is much dryer, around 45rh.
U explane him a lot. Tnx i have bad english. And he dont use clones with spiermites, as u say they att seedling. I grow under MH/HPS. Cant help him with light, is it tu up or down. Zero exp in led.

Thx for responding!! I water everyday, my fan was drying out soil daily, but i moved the fan farther. So its okay to let the soil dry out completely? I was told to keep soil moist, but not waterlogged. Again very new to this.

Yea I did the same thing at first, its a common rookie mistake to over water. You want to keep it more moist during flower, but in veg you really want to focus on root growth. That happens by making them searching for water, and if its always readily available the roots will become lazy. So by letting it get good and dry in between waterings, you're actually focused on building the growth below the soil, a good root ball, that will help the visible growth above thrive during the flower period.

There are a lot of variables, but this will give you an idea based on how I do it. For me, I put new seeds in a cup of plain RO water (reverse osmosis) until they sink. Then I plant them in 1 gal containers of soil and water in with about 1/4 liter of plain RO. Then after a few days it will emerge, and even though the top of the soil may seem dry, picking up the container will tell you there is still moisture in there, its easy to tell by weight once you've gone through a few plants! It usually ends up being about 6-7 days from planting that I give them their 2nd watering. This time about 1/2 liter and again just plain RO water. This will last for about 8-10 days. There isnt much going on up top yet, that's ok, we want roots. The container is getting really light again by now so I water in about 3/4 liter of RO. After this one you will start to see some good growth up top. Another 8 or so days go by and then I give her a full liter of RO, or maybe start a light feeding at this point depending how she looks. Give her time to dry out once again and just after the next watering its time to pot up as we've got a nice 1 gallon root ball now. Same sort of thing in the next pot size... The goal is to encourage the roots to fill the container so they can support the growth above properly when you flower. If your doing a lot of training like a scrog, you'll want to do the same thing in a 3 or 5 gallon pot to fill the roots before you up pot to a 10 or 15 gal to flower.

Look into Doc Buds High Brix Blend growers here on the mag. Even if youre not using docs kit, which I highly recommend and have switched to myself, there is a lot to be learned from some great growers and great people.

Great advice above . after u have let it dry out lift the pot up and get feel for its weight and water when it feels light again. As far as led sure I could tell you to buy an expensive, and much more superior, black diamond led light but you don't need a Ferrari toting a learners permit so you can do fine with the blurple light you have. Just keep it at a distance like you are and you can avoid burning or bleaching them. Granted that spectrum is pretty much doodoo the cannabis plant can still use it to produce nice buds.
A little advice though, all is excellent info above but the doc bud high brix kit is expensive and best utilized by a more experienced user. Don't push it aside and forget, but get through your first grow with what you have and once you have that first grow under your belt you can toss some money at the areas you are lacking as far as equipment goes. Learn from others and read as much here as you can. I didn't even sign up until after an entire year of lurking in the completed journals section, reading front to back. I have zero soil grows for you to reference to but there are quite a many good journals going on right now that you should be reading.

Yea I did the same thing at first, its a common rookie mistake to over water. You want to keep it more moist during flower, but in veg you really want to focus on root growth. That happens by making them searching for water, and if its always readily available the roots will become lazy. So by letting it get good and dry in between waterings, you're actually focused on building the growth below the soil, a good root ball, that will help the visible growth above thrive during the flower period.

There are a lot of variables, but this will give you an idea based on how I do it. For me, I put new seeds in a cup of plain RO water (reverse osmosis) until they sink. Then I plant them in 1 gal containers of soil and water in with about 1/4 liter of plain RO. Then after a few days it will emerge, and even though the top of the soil may seem dry, picking up the container will tell you there is still moisture in there, its easy to tell by weight once you've gone through a few plants! It usually ends up being about 6-7 days from planting that I give them their 2nd watering. This time about 1/2 liter and again just plain RO water. This will last for about 8-10 days. There isnt much going on up top yet, that's ok, we want roots. The container is getting really light again by now so I water in about 3/4 liter of RO. After this one you will start to see some good growth up top. Another 8 or so days go by and then I give her a full liter of RO, or maybe start a light feeding at this point depending how she looks. Give her time to dry out once again and just after the next watering its time to pot up as we've got a nice 1 gallon root ball now. Same sort of thing in the next pot size... The goal is to encourage the roots to fill the container so they can support the growth above properly when you flower. If your doing a lot of training like a scrog, you'll want to do the same thing in a 3 or 5 gallon pot to fill the roots before you up pot to a 10 or 15 gal to flower.

Look into Doc Buds High Brix Blend growers here on the mag. Even if youre not using docs kit, which I highly recommend and have switched to myself, there is a lot to be learned from some great growers and great people.
Uea, i grow in coco and i do completl dry, so roots for fiding wate expants, but donw abut soil. I also wana ask him about feed program, he definitly need root stimulatos as pirana an vdod juice amd tarantula. I use all tree in my other grows but best resultis with tarantula, but in coco.
P.S. sry for my bad english.

Thank you soo much!! I will def use less water! That could be the issue!!

Great advice above . after u have let it dry out lift the pot up and get feel for its weight and water when it feels light again. As far as led sure I could tell you to buy an expensive, and much more superior, black diamond led light but you don't need a Ferrari toting a learners permit so you can do fine with the blurple light you have. Just keep it at a distance like you are and you can avoid burning or bleaching them. Granted that spectrum is pretty much doodoo the cannabis plant can still use it to produce nice buds.
A little advice though, all is excellent info above but the doc bud high brix kit is expensive and best utilized by a more experienced user. Don't push it aside and forget, but get through your first grow with what you have and once you have that first grow under your belt you can toss some money at the areas you are lacking as far as equipment goes. Learn from others and read as much here as you can. I didn't even sign up until after an entire year of lurking in the completed journals section, reading front to back. I have zero soil grows for you to reference to but there are quite a many good journals going on right now that you should be reading.
Thank you!! I appreciate the great info!!

Uea, i grow in coco and i do completl dry, so roots for fiding wate expants, but donw abut soil. I also wana ask him about feed program, he definitly need root stimulatos as pirana an vdod juice amd tarantula. I use all tree in my other grows but best resultis with tarantula, but in coco.
P.S. sry for my bad english.
It's ok, I'm understanding u a lil better now. Thank you for your info! .

Back
Top Bottom