Help! What is this?

blacklocusttree

420 Member
Hello Everyone,
I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to indoor growing and this just came out of the blue. In just 24 hours it went from just a tiny bit of yellowing to this. Any ideas what it could be? Besides the curling and browning, there's this salty feeling white crust in the middle of the brown parts. I'm really concerned. What can I do?!

Welcome to our little virtual village :welcome:

Hope you stay and participate........

There are a few things that can cause things like this.

The first question I have, are you using any kind of nutrients in the water yet?

If so, these are probably splash marks. Nutrients will burn a plant once the water dries up. You should be using only water unless in coco. The soil will feed the small plant for a while before needing nutrients.

Your lights seem to be too close and are give the plant(s) light stress.

Also looks like you may be watering too often.....but this is a guess.

I suggest you start a journal in the "journals in progress" under the growing forum.

Put in all the information you can think of, even where your water comes from that you are using.

Soil maker, nutrients, lights, etc.......

It will help you keep a good record of what is going on, and help us troubleshoot problems.

Welcome to our little virtual village :welcome:

Hope you stay and participate........

There are a few things that can cause things like this.

The first question I have, are you using any kind of nutrients in the water yet?

If so, these are probably splash marks. Nutrients will burn a plant once the water dries up. You should be using only water unless in coco. The soil will feed the small plant for a while before needing nutrients.

Your lights seem to be too close and are give the plant(s) light stress.

Also looks like you may be watering too often.....but this is a guess.

I suggest you start a journal in the "journals in progress" under the growing forum.

Put in all the information you can think of, even where your water comes from that you are using.

Soil maker, nutrients, lights, etc.......

It will help you keep a good record of what is going on, and help us troubleshoot problems.

Thanks so much for your input. Do folks comment with help when you make a journal? If so, I will definitely do that.
Anyway so far I am only using water... no nutrients. The plants are in compost with a bit of perlite and I did cut holes in the cups. I think the lights only seem close in the pictures because I turned off the HID and just turned on a close fluorescent light for the pictures. But I think I'm going to cut back on watering. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for your input. Do folks comment with help when you make a journal? If so, I will definitely do that.
Anyway so far I am only using water... no nutrients. The plants are in compost with a bit of perlite and I did cut holes in the cups. I think the lights only seem close in the pictures because I turned off the HID and just turned on a close fluorescent light for the pictures. But I think I'm going to cut back on watering. Thanks again.

Yes, people usually watch the journals forum for new threads.

The plants show signs of light stress (jagged edges pointed up).

But this is only my opinion.

Hope to see you in the journals..... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom