Needing help!

dannyman

hey guys
i just checked my 2 plants today and as i came to look at the leaves i noticed that the browning has gotten worse a week ago the tips of the leaves started to go abit brownish and little tiny brown spots on some leaves so i thought hmm maybe its jsut the heatstress because i live in Australia and im getting around 35+ degrees so i didnt think it was any problem now some of the leaves are starting to get covered in this brown shit and slowly eating its way threw some leaves, im watering these guys about every day to every second day, there outside and getting maybe half the day of sunlite and half shade the nutrients ive used a product called osmocote-all round plant nutrient food that are the little yellow balls sitting ontop of the soil.

any one have any idea what this problem is or if i shuld even worry about it???

What kind of soil do you have those in? it looks like fertalizer burn. Try transplanting them if they are in pots if not get rid of as much of that Osmocote as possible. I have not herd of anyone burning their plants with Osmocote but better safe than sorry. Buy some Fish Emulsion for fertalizer and follow the directions. other than that did you check your plant top and bottom for any bugs? watch when you water them to see if any little gnats scamper or fly away from the top soil.

Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

and watering everyday is usually too much....are they in the ground or in pots...like he said^^...cause if they are in pots you're def watering to much....in the ground i have no idea...are they slimy...for some reason i cant look at pics on this site...so i cant look at them...usually i dont water until my soil's almost completely dry

hmmm ok ill try removing the osmocote is there any way to recover them from the burn, shuld i use miraclegrow to replace the osmocote??

Hell NO! Sorry I hate that crap, got to the hardware store and pick up some fish emulsion. It's cheap, easy to use and you can find it anywhere. leave your plants without fertaliser for a little whils so it can recover.

Do you know that fish emulsion cause carcinogenic in the plants. I have got this from the "indoor bible". It is someting I would look into.I had the same problem and I flushed and added "cal-mag" to my nutes and have used it on all changes and have not had a problem.I would buy some good nutes.

LionPen, I have not herd that about Fish Emulsion. I'll ask Jorge about that, I'm sure if he wrote it he researched it. I don't use fish emulsion anymore unless I'm adding a little to my teas for a bio kick, but it's easy to use so I usually recomend it for novices. Thanks for the heads up.

Here it is from the man himself. I will see if I can research further into this, I don't want to be recomending something harmful. I don't think however in properly ballanced soil Nitrites would be a problem. They are the form of nitrogen most readily available to plants.

"RE: Fish Emulsion question.
Dear SpacemanSliff,

You have a very good point. I got into a heated discussion with John McPartland (Hemp Diseases and Pests). His science is much better than mine since he is an osteopath. So I caved into his argument, which was a bit paranoid, I thought, and centered around nitrites.

I cannot give you a good answer now. Please consult the Alaska Fish guys and see what they say.

Personally I have give fish emultion as foliar spray and suffered no harm. It also acts as an insect deterrent.

Please let me know your findings.

Jorge"

:) Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

Any Progress? How are the new leafs looking?

The MSDS sheet for fish emulsion says under carcinogenicity; N/A. I'm going to contact the Alaska fertalizer company for more information any way.

Peace, SSSSpacerman SSSpliff

Back
Top Bottom