Help with 1st grow tent. # of plants

voltron

Hi, everyone. I will be starting my first real hydroponic indoor growth. I will be using a grow tent size: 32"x32"x63" I am plan on buying 4-42wt cfl cool white for the vegetation period, and 4-42wt warm light for flowering. I may mix the final 2weeks of flowering with vegetation lights to see if that will influence THC levels or do that on my second grow, not sure yet I am a newbie I don't want to get to ahead of myself, but I know I can do it with all of the info in 420Mag. Hopefully I have selected enough lighting. I will clamp them inside the tent for mobility/versatility. I will be using a 4" 170cfm inline fan (high velocity) with a 4" carbon filter attached. This will be suspended with a bungee cord or something to reduce vibration. I may stick some ducting to the filter and run that in a lower inlet and reuse the air within the grow room, if that is o.k. I hope this also eliminates any odor that will be present. There will also be another small fan in the room for temp control and breeze effect. I plan on using a 10 gal tote and this is where I am really unsure as to how many 3" cut outs will I do for my net pots that will not impede the growth of the hopeful ladies. I am concerned about the roots getting too entangled if I try to grow too many plants. I have seen some with 8-3" holes in the lid on a 10 gal tote. That didn't appear to leave much room on the lid for the plants to grow or does that matter at all? Should I get a larger tote or is it best for me to stick to growing just two plants? I will be using bag seed as I am weary about ordering seeds online. I could really use some help with this. Thanks in advance.

I think I may have to stick to 5gal per plant after reading some other threads on ph levels. Any suggestions?

Did I post my question in the wrong area? Am I not giving enough information? Or am I just being impatient? Its the corny name Voltron ( old 80's cartoon) is it not? Lol. Please show some love 420. I am constantly researching and trying to get more familiar with the proper usage of this great community. I will also set up pics once my tent is all together, maybe that will boost the enthusiast to assist and encourage. Thanks.

Hey Voltron....

I think you're in the right place to get your answer, but people are being lazy - what did you expect from stoners? ;)

(Not that I am, of course.)

To me, your idea about five gallon pots is probably the best option. That gives the roots plenty of room to grow and thus the plants can grow upward as well. It's always better to have more room than to have too little room.

Just like in nature, where plants have as much room as they can find and use.

Try that out and see what happens there.

Thanks Sensibowl. I was just reading some of your post under how to grow MaryJ,and here you are... Great! I know I am probably being impatient, but with the excitement of my first grow and the wealth of information here it feeds the adrenaline to get advice from others especially with experience. I agree with you in ref to the 5 gal buckets. And it seems as though they will fit according to my measurements. My tent will be here Saturday or Monday and I will have my cfl's as well. I'm having trouble finding the ones I want. Have you had any experience (or know anyone) with full spectrum cfl's? Or should I get separate lights for vegging and flowering? Thanks for the advice, sending you some rep for the feed back! I think I know how to do that at least. LMAO :)

Back
Top Bottom