New tent help

thebear88

In a weeks time I will be getting my new tent, a Mars hydro 70x70x160,

this will be my 2nd grow and what to do it better with proper equipment instead of a makeshift DIY tent like last time,

I am hoping to put 4 plants into this tent and wondering will 4 fit in OK, they going to be 3 White Widow photos and an amnesia Haze autoflower,

I'm also not too sure about pot sizes for starting off, and the final pots, and when to do the transplantation,

I will be using soil and perlite mix 60% soil 40% perlite,,

Gona be using clfs, 300w blue and a 250w or 150w dual spectrum,

For fans,, I will be just using household fans and a 4" outtake fan for after veg period,

If somebody reads this and feels they can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Need help with pots and potting up and how many plants my tent will hold,,, and any other wise advise I can learn from,

You may need/want a larger duct fan, is the lung room temp controlled?

May want to consider a humidifier and dehumidifier.

Can't comment much, I'm a "novice" hydro grower and no experience with cfl growing.... but it sounds like you've got your bases fairly well covered :thumb:

I think you should seriously consider a proper exaust fan 4 plants in veg and bloom will require tent air be exchanged very regularly to keep humidity down and control temps you could get a lot of heat buildup during lights on.

You may need/want a larger duct fan, is the lung room temp controlled?

May want to consider a humidifier and dehumidifier.

Can't comment much, I'm a "novice" hydro grower and no experience with cfl growing.... but it sounds like you've got your bases fairly well covered :thumb:
Thank you, gona get a bigger fan,
Would the tent be a suitable size for 4 plants?

Thank you, gona get a bigger fan,
Would the tent be a suitable size for 4 plants?

I'll leave that to others to answer, it's doable, the question becomes more of feasibility if you have to be bringing them in and out of the tent, and I'm not sure if that's something you'd be doing?
I do an Ebb & Flow, and in a DIY setup where once my plants are started, they stay put till harvest day. It's also in a tight space, my entire cabinet is 4 feet width, 3 feet depth, and 5 feet of height. When you have them jammed in tight, you need to be spot on with ventilation or mold, mildew and bud rot become a concern, this is where a proper dehumidifier will be essential and ventilation. Don't cheap out on it, spend the extra and go oversized, and dial it down as needed, but that's a personal preference.
Is the room where the tent going to be placed have a AC in it? Where will you be venting/exhausting to?

A 4" extracter fan should be fine. 6 is not too much especially if you can dial it up and down. You should run it all the time as air exchange is essential. You could grow 1 plant in that size tent or 10. It's not really about the number. What's important is the size of the overall canopy. I grow 3 to 4 plants in a 1.2 meter tent, because it's what I'm comfortable with and I know I'll use all the available space. So 4 is fine. Train the branches out before they go up. Give each plant enough space, so one isn't crowding another. That's how you end up with mold.

Why are you putting an auto in that mix? Make sure the grow times are similiar, or your plants will be finishing at different times.

:nomo: :cheer::bongrip:

I grow in soil and been vegging 4 plants in a 2'x'2' tent, and flowering 4 plants in a 3'x3' tent. It fits, but a little cramped. My plants don't get huge. Typically get 1-2 ounces per plant.
I ordered perlite today and got some soil,
Got my 5 gal buckets and stands, gona drill the bottom of buckets tomorrow, as well as the sides up to around half way

Got my 5 gal buckets and stands, gona drill the bottom of buckets tomorrow, as well as the sides up to around half way,
Here's some pictures, the stands don't fit the right way up but they still work upside down, lol,

Attachments

• IMG_20200809_001433.jpg
    IMG_20200809_001433.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200809_001343.jpg
    IMG_20200809_001343.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 23
Here is the pot size scale I have used for many years and never have had roots outgrow pots or have any problems. For every total month grown on plastic pots add 1 gallon. So example is three months veg two ish months flower = 5 gallon plastic pot. Minus a gallon for using fabric or air pots.

today while doing LST on my lemonberry haze autoflower the main stem kinda folded when i was tieing her down, its not a big fold and the stem still trys to go backup when undo the tie,

whats the best thing to do??? if anyone can help

keep it tied down so it heals this way or undo the tie?

Got my 5 gal buckets and stands, gona drill the bottom of buckets tomorrow, as well as the sides up to around half way
5 gal (x4) in a 4x4 you will be fine. Size of pot determines size of plant.

4" duct fan into a carbon filter is fine for a 4x4 - you want fans on the plants and fan extracting air and filtering it.

Six plants topped and LST. Four in 5 gallon pots, two in 10 gallon pots. Two months veg time plenty of room. The net is 4x4.
20200805_223657.jpg

Hey everyone thank you for your help, I got my new tent and they are all doing well in there.

I decided in the end to get a Mars hydro 120 x 120 x 200, its abit bigger than expected but I'm not complaining as its got plenty of room,,

Lights are 300w blue cfl and a 125w red cfl,
Fans are 4 inch intake and 4 inch extraction,

Will post a few pics later when I get in

Back
Top Bottom