LED Tent Hydrobucket Grow - Couple Questions

LED Grower

Hello everyone.

I am a relatively new grower with two grows under my belt. Grow #1 was a gravity-draining hydro tray with 12 plants and 2000w HPS for blooming. I think it had a 50 gal reservoir and was an insane success. I didn't weigh it but had over 48 wide mouthed mason jars full of medicine.

That lasted me until my second grow, which was soil, and that was heartbreaking. All my plants throughout the grow were weak, unresponsive, and yielded virtually nothing. I didn't even get an ounce of smokable bud. I screwed up that crop so bad. But at least I learned a lot.

So that leads me to my third and current grow. Instead of 12 plants I will grow 1 or 2. Instead of expensive HID's I will switch to energy efficient LED's. Note, I have to use LED's for the power bill, this is non-negotiable... although I am open to suggestions on the brand.

Here is my planned growroom:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Room Size and type

I will reduce the growroom size from an entire bedroom to a [4ft x 2ft x 7ft] grow tent. This growtent, to be exact:
41Wszeo0sZL.jpg
grow tent

This will help a lot to contain the lighting. Also I don't have to find any studs with this method! :)
Lighting

600w LED (draws like 345w at the wall)

Open to suggestions.

Airflow/ventilation
31c0CJo2-jL.jpg

Nearly silent duct fan with a carbon filter hooked up to the ceiling of the growtent. Will vent into the bedroom. Fresh air will be drawn from open holes in the side of the tent. Unfortunately I cannot vent out a window, but I will try to keep my doors and such open to provide fresh air into the household. I will also get one of those CO2 generating bags to hang from the ceiling as well, unless anybody thinks they are worthless.

Open to suggestions.

Reservoir

I will be using the following hydroponic method...

Bubbles will mist the roots until the roots can reach the reservoir.

I am debating on if I should use a huge 50gal reservoir for 1-2 plants, or a couple 5 gal buckets instead.
Nutrients
I have had good luck with general hydroponics formula so I will stick with that. I will keep PH balancers and that oxygen-enriching stuff (the name escapes me at the moment) around in case of... well you know, imbalances.

I had PH meters and PPM meters and for my first grow I took two samples, once in the AM and once again in the PM, and recorded them to a chart. I would highly recommend everyone do this, it taught me so much.

Extras:

I have a 1/4 Horsepower water chiller than I can hook up to my reservoir if needed. I plan on keeping the water temperature at 68 degrees, as that was the temperature I used the first time I grew successfully.

So then, my questions to you veterans!

Question #1: For my 4x2x7 growtent with 600w LED (stats stated above) should I grow one big plant or two medium ones? Having one light, it would seem to make sense to just grow one monster plant instead of two small ones, but I'm not 100% sure either way.

Question #2: Should I use a 50 gallon tote for my reservoir, or should I use 5 gallon buckets? I'll put airstones in them either way, but with the 50 gallon tote it would be WAY easier to run the water chiller through it. Lots more room.

Question #3: Say I go with two plants and a 50 gallon res. Good idea or bad idea to put them both in the same res?

Question #4: Will that 600w LED provide enough coverage for my 4x2? Anybody have experience with LED's in a 4x2 tent?

Question #5: Thoughts/opinions on my ventilation solution?

Question #6: Should I bother with buying this, considering I have no other Co2 solution?
71wp9jJ9FML_SL1500_.jpg

Question #7: Anybody have a suggestion for a strain that would do well in this environment? I love indica and dislike sativa.

Thank you very much in advance for any knowledge you give. And yes, I am making a grow journal as soon as I figure out these last few details.

Cheers!

PS: Forgot to mention. The GOAL of this setup is to give me enough medicine to make it to the next crop out. So I need a 2-3 month supply off of 1 or 2 plants. Just extra info!

I did my first grow the way you are thinking about doing i did one plant an 18 gallon tote a 400 watt hid switched to hps for flowing . my grow room was about 2 1/2 feet by 14 feet sounds goofy i know it was a closet not meant to be a grow room . I did great. General hydroponics i did have an issue at the end with temp going up in the tote but got threw it . I let the plant get to big in the veg state but man i had a lot of buds everyone said the smoke was good i did not smoke any because of my job but soon my friend soon . I swear by looking at piled up on my table it looked like about a pound or more the only problem the buds were lite i know it was not a pound but it was sure a lot of weed never had that much pot in my presence not ever . My plant was 60 inches tall when cut her . i had a pump in the bottom starting out with a top water feed ounce the roots hit the medium you don't need that anymore . This was my first grow only have bag seeds get the good ones soon . I think your plan will do fine .

Good setup with 600w led you can grow more than 2-3, about 4. 300 is good for 1-2 maybe even 3.

Go 4 and a Quick Auto. By the time your 4 are in need of the space, your auto will be finished. Quickest I've had decent weed from was Royal Citical Auto 70 days and done. 2.5 oz + off a 300w led so not great but as they grow so small and quick it feels free. I've moved up to a 600w now.

Hello everyone.

I am a relatively new grower with two grows under my belt. Grow #1 was a gravity-draining hydro tray with 12 plants and 2000w HPS for blooming. I think it had a 50 gal reservoir and was an insane success. I didn't weigh it but had over 48 wide mouthed mason jars full of medicine.

That lasted me until my second grow, which was soil, and that was heartbreaking. All my plants throughout the grow were weak, unresponsive, and yielded virtually nothing. I didn't even get an ounce of smokable bud. I screwed up that crop so bad. But at least I learned a lot.

So that leads me to my third and current grow. Instead of 12 plants I will grow 1 or 2. Instead of expensive HID's I will switch to energy efficient LED's. Note, I have to use LED's for the power bill, this is non-negotiable... although I am open to suggestions on the brand.

Here is my planned growroom:
Room Size and type

I will reduce the growroom size from an entire bedroom to a [4ft x 2ft x 7ft] grow tent. This growtent, to be exact:
41Wszeo0sZL.jpg
grow tent

This will help a lot to contain the lighting. Also I don't have to find any studs with this method! :)
Lighting

600w LED (draws like 345w at the wall)

Open to suggestions.

Airflow/ventilation
31c0CJo2-jL.jpg

Nearly silent duct fan with a carbon filter hooked up to the ceiling of the growtent. Will vent into the bedroom. Fresh air will be drawn from open holes in the side of the tent. Unfortunately I cannot vent out a window, but I will try to keep my doors and such open to provide fresh air into the household. I will also get one of those CO2 generating bags to hang from the ceiling as well, unless anybody thinks they are worthless.

Open to suggestions.

Reservoir

I will be using the following hydroponic method...

Home made Deep Water Hydroponic system, Very cheap to make - YouTube

Bubbles will mist the roots until the roots can reach the reservoir.

I am debating on if I should use a huge 50gal reservoir for 1-2 plants, or a couple 5 gal buckets instead.
Nutrients
I have had good luck with general hydroponics formula so I will stick with that. I will keep PH balancers and that oxygen-enriching stuff (the name escapes me at the moment) around in case of... well you know, imbalances.

I had PH meters and PPM meters and for my first grow I took two samples, once in the AM and once again in the PM, and recorded them to a chart. I would highly recommend everyone do this, it taught me so much.

Extras:

I have a 1/4 Horsepower water chiller than I can hook up to my reservoir if needed. I plan on keeping the water temperature at 68 degrees, as that was the temperature I used the first time I grew successfully.

So then, my questions to you veterans!

Question #1: For my 4x2x7 growtent with 600w LED (stats stated above) should I grow one big plant or two medium ones? Having one light, it would seem to make sense to just grow one monster plant instead of two small ones, but I'm not 100% sure either way.

Question #2: Should I use a 50 gallon tote for my reservoir, or should I use 5 gallon buckets? I'll put airstones in them either way, but with the 50 gallon tote it would be WAY easier to run the water chiller through it. Lots more room.

Question #3: Say I go with two plants and a 50 gallon res. Good idea or bad idea to put them both in the same res?

Question #4: Will that 600w LED provide enough coverage for my 4x2? Anybody have experience with LED's in a 4x2 tent?

Question #5: Thoughts/opinions on my ventilation solution?

Question #6: Should I bother with buying this, considering I have no other Co2 solution?
71wp9jJ9FML_SL1500_.jpg

Question #7: Anybody have a suggestion for a strain that would do well in this environment? I love indica and dislike sativa.

Thank you very much in advance for any knowledge you give. And yes, I am making a grow journal as soon as I figure out these last few details.

Cheers!

PS: Forgot to mention. The GOAL of this setup is to give me enough medicine to make it to the next crop out. So I need a 2-3 month supply off of 1 or 2 plants. Just extra info!

1. 4x2 my bad go with 2 plants. Variety is the spice of life. If you like something you can plant again and still try something new.

2. 50 gal is fine but I would hand water as it's just two plants.

3. 600w will be fine. They don't get too hot compared to bulbs. What's your ventilation like?

4. I use a co2 bag and couldn't tell you if they work or not as I've always used them. I'm a mug they probably don't work.

5. If you grew auto's 1 every 35 days on a constant 18/6 and your feeding right you could easy grow enough and have a regular crop of every 35 days. Royal critical auto was a great smoke after 70 days from seed (1 week later dry and 2 weeks later smokeable or 3 months cured and awesome.) just a idea.

Seed wise "think different automatic" by Dutch passion is a great smoke and "Royal critical auto" by Royal Queen Seeds is a genuine 70 days from popping the seed in only 2.5oz but that was in a large propagation tent! If odour is no problem have a look at Delicious Candy by Delicious seeds. Awesome and easy plant Caramelo crossed with Cheese.

Back
Top Bottom