Help with a hempy grow

kushman2382

hello... i see alot of ppl growing with just perlite.. how does that work? u just fill up the container with perlite? does it need watered everyday.. what should the ph be, i know hydro ph like 5-5 to 6.1 and soils like 6.2 to 6.8.. i would really(appreseaite) it.. could'nt spell it,sorry.. :thanks:

kushman2382 said:
hello... i see alot of ppl growing with just perlite.. how does that work? u just fill up the container with perlite? does it need watered everyday.. what should the ph be, i know hydro ph like 5-5 to 6.1 and soils like 6.2 to 6.8.. i would really(appreseaite) it.. could'nt spell it,sorry.. :thanks:

Hey how's it going! Using 100% perlite is considered a soilless method. It's basically a hydroponic setup. The perlite is the medium bu totally inert. I use a 50/50 mix of perlite and coco. The perlite won't help diatribe moisture throughout the container, so you will have to water more often until the main root reaches the reservoir of water in the bottom of the hempy bucket. The coco added sucks moisture from the bottom to the top anytime the top is dryer to try and evenly distribute the moisture throughout the mix.

So to answer your questions..

You fill the container with perlite after drilling a hole a couple inches up. This creates the reservoir for the plants to use without drowning the roots. Since perlite isnt wicking you would have to water at least daily till those roots grow big enough after the first couple weeks. As far as ph and nutes, treat it just like hydro. The perlite is totally inert so you have to add anything and everything the plants need.

Hope this helps! Stop by my journal to see an example of the perlite / coco mix. I would highly recommend it especially since this is my first grow and it has been so good to me.

Hey how's it going! Using 100% perlite is considered a soilless method. It's basically a hydroponic setup. The perlite is the medium bu totally inert. I use a 50/50 mix of perlite and coco. The perlite won't help diatribe moisture throughout the container, so you will have to water more often until the main root reaches the reservoir of water in the bottom of the hempy bucket. The coco added sucks moisture from the bottom to the top anytime the top is dryer to try and evenly distribute the moisture throughout the mix.

So to answer your questions..

You fill the container with perlite after drilling a hole a couple inches up. This creates the reservoir for the plants to use without drowning the roots. Since perlite isnt wicking you would have to water at least daily till those roots grow big enough after the first couple weeks. As far as ph and nutes, treat it just like hydro. The perlite is totally inert so you have to add anything and everything the plants need.

Hope this helps! Stop by my journal to see an example of the perlite / coco mix. I would highly recommend it especially since this is my first grow and it has been so good to me.
thank you so much!! if i could give you rep points i would.

REp=reputation.... As someone gives you good advice or if you learn something from someone you give them reps or reputation points.

You give points by clicking on the icon on the lower left of the post. Its between the green presence icon and the warning sign.

I just repped you as i just read your grow and learned from it as I am doing some hempy also for the first time. I also subbed to it.

1970s Grower said:
REp=reputation.... As someone gives you good advice or if you learn something from someone you give them reps or reputation points.

You give points by clicking on the icon on the lower left of the post. Its between the green presence icon and the warning sign.

I just repped you as i just read your grow and learned from it as I am doing some hempy also for the first time. I also subbed to it.

Makes sense. I use an app unless I am uploading pics so I don't see that. Lol

Thanks and super thanks! Lol

Back
Top Bottom