Help with Advanced Nutrients

dauzer

Hey,

I'm looking at purchasing some nutes from the Advanced Nutrients line. I was following a thread about which ones to use but there are so many additives.

I'm going with the Sensi Grow A/B and Bloom A/B for the base nutes but i cant work out which additives to use.

What i have come up with so far, this is mainly from the Advanced Nutrients website.

Sensi Grow A/B 1-4 weeks
B-52 1-4 weeks
Voodoo Juice 1-2 weeks

Would you recommend any other additives for the veg stage or would those be enough ?

For flowering I'm looking at using

Sensi Bloom A/B 1-6 weeks
Voodoo 1-2 weeks
Bud Blood 1-2 weeks
Big Bud 2-4 weeks
B-52 3-6 weeks
Overdrive 5-6 weeks
Sensizym 1-6 weeks
Final Phase for flushing

I have seem some people mentioning Carbo Load but im thinking this would be over kill.

What do you guys think ?

What are you growing in? If any form of hydro, you need to give your plants everything. In soil, think of it more as making a few nutrients more readily available than they already are. Feed lighter in soil and just add the base lines. A lot of people really mix, feed, flush, feed, water to excess... in spoil. Might as just grow hydro if this is your plan. Hydro really gives you control over what your plant has access to and here I would consider in fine detail what you add. I dabble lightly in both. My soil plants go entirely through veg with zero nutrients and usually get 2 or 3 very light feedings through harvest.

Much more consideration (and need) go into my coco plants. I also use the AN Sensie for coco base. My routine is pretty much mix the base nutrients to about 600 ppm and add extras. I do use the B52 (Vit B has to be good, right?) and flowering boosts and bump total ppm up to about 800-900ppm. For the add ons, I really like Koolbloom from GH. I dunno why, it just seems to do real well for me. I also have the big bud, but that gets added to my tomatoes... go figure? Choose your nutrients on the baseline and add whatever supplements you need. I use great white in place of voodoo juice. Same concept.. different supplier. Start a journal! I'd love to follow

Sorry should have mentioned that :smokin: Im growing in soil, Bio Mix.

In the past i have only used the AN base nutes in soil, i never added anything extra. Most of them time im not entirely happy with the outcome but hey that could be me tripping up somewhere else. I have a guy online who can get me anything from the AN pretty cheap so i was hoping to stick with something from that line.

Ah yes i think we all benefit from a little Vitamin B :D

So with the Koolbloom your using, that's added to the flowering stage ? Big Bud for the tomatoes ?? they must be some juice tomatoes :D
The Bud Blood is definitely something im consider, i have heard some great things from other growers when this has been added in the first two weeks of flowering.

Yep good thinking i will start a journal, any advice i have seen here is gold so it would be great to get some expert advice so i don't end up like that last time. Iv done grows before but this is my first one in a tent and first time actually getting the right feed.

Currently i have abut 6 ladies who have been in veg just over 5 weeks, i got them from a friend who unfortunately had to let them go so im going to finish them off and start again from scratch with seedlings.

I'll read that.. again, I did use the entire AN LINE as per their recommendation in coco. Beautiful plants. The ones that weren't perfect were from travel caused neglect. I'm not telling you not to use them. They are top line. Do you need all the supplements? Definitely not. IMO you need a baseline, a root stim/bennie brew, and a PK boost. It's kind of like buying baby formula that says "promotes brain and eye development". I mean, "who buys the other brand?" Lol. Everyone wants more yield, more flavor, more taste, more potency, more ..., more ..., etc... all that said, you'll never find happiness in the bottom of a bottle (of nutrients).

A recommendation... try a plant in coco. Read the coco forum here and giv it a whirl. If you can read a meter, every deficiency will go away for good. Not trashing soil at all. I use it because that's where plants are supposed to grow! Lol. Good luck!

Perfect thanks for the info and great explanation lol.

That's makes sense now, I will go through what I have here and limited it to what they need.

I was looking up the coco grows before but I haven't plucked up the courage to try it. Have you noticed much difference between the coco and soil ? Similar to hydro ?

I have just started a journal if you want to head over. I uploaded some pics of the setup and the ladies

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My experience with soil has been good. Still, I've never had a plant go from start to finish without showing some deficiencies. I think because I don't feed enough. I think soil is the way to go. In fact, I think the organic people have taken it to the next level. I respect what they do. None of that guano in my home though. Lol

Coco, much like DWC has better growth rates. The real advantage is in that with an inert medium, you can adjust or reset the root zone instantly. Corrective actions are immediate. You can make corrections to soil, but it takes a while to change the root zone. It's just a different way of doing things. None are right and each has its own advantage. I do reccomend you give it a try if for nothing more than experience. Especially if you already have hydro nutrients. You'll be out $10 for a bag of coco.

I run full AN line but i would go with the 3 part one grow micro bloom i have had way better results over both sensi a/b and the the one above it i also run b52 ,voodoo ,bud candy, big bud overdrive , sensizyme and flawless finish but going to drop finsh 0 need for it i just do a big flush at the last 2 weeks only other additive i use is calmag from GH because it has 0 ferts in it

I run full AN line but i would go with the 3 part one grow micro bloom i have had way better results over both sensi a/b and the the one above it i also run b52 ,voodoo ,bud candy, big bud overdrive , sensizyme and flawless finish but going to drop finsh 0 need for it i just do a big flush at the last 2 weeks only other additive i use is calmag from GH because it has 0 ferts in it

When your mixing your base nutes and additives do you mix them all in the same bottle ? I don't have a reservoir yet so I'm just using 5 litre bottles. I will be given each plant 1 bottle once a week or once every 10 days. So should I mix say part A and B plus the voodoo and b52 all into same 5litres bottle or should I split up into different bottles ? The directions say to use 4ml of base and 2ml of additives per litre. So I'm assuming I would be mixing 20ml of part A, 20ml part B and 10ml each of voodoo and b52 all together and then get the ppm correct by adding water ?

My experience with soil has been good. Still, I've never had a plant go from start to finish without showing some deficiencies. I think because I don't feed enough. I think soil is the way to go. In fact, I think the organic people have taken it to the next level. I respect what they do. None of that guano in my home though. Lol

Coco, much like DWC has better growth rates. The real advantage is in that with an inert medium, you can adjust or reset the root zone instantly. Corrective actions are immediate. You can make corrections to soil, but it takes a while to change the root zone. It's just a different way of doing things. None are right and each has its own advantage. I do reccomend you give it a try if for nothing more than experience. Especially if you already have hydro nutrients. You'll be out $10 for a bag of coco.

You know what, I might give it a go. I have the space for an extra few so I might as well use it up. I can get the medium from a local grow shop but I might have to search online for some nutes, I only have soil at the moment.

I have never run base nutes at 4 ml to lt highest i get is maybe 3 and thats pushing it the additives i have had 0 probs running at 2 ml cept for bud candy i only run that at 1
Also you might have to feed the more then that but i go fert/water 1 time then plain/water the next time keeps the ph from going crazy at least in my set-up

Those sensi nutrients are hydro nutrients. Yes, they will work in soil too. Never mix nutrients together. Always add to your water mix. I believe the order (if you use them all):

Silica
CaMg
Base nutrients
Supplements
Adjust PH

If you mix them together, you'll have all sorts of precipitates and crap left behind in the bottle/cup.

Sweet. I have enough info now to get me started on the feeds. Baby steps .

I bought one of the ec/pH testers so I'll make sure everything is right before they go in.

Back
Top Bottom