Help With Budding Cycle!

Lilripsta187

Not a huge issue, atleast im hoping. Im growing Caramelicious kush in a 3 gallon bucket with 2 compact fluorescents, daylight. Nothing special just a plant in a bucket in my closet. I had the kush seed and wanted to see if i could pull it off. Vegg for one month and its now 3 weeks into flowering stage. Determinded its a female :) I just messed up tho. I have it on Lights go off at 8pm. Turn back on at 8am. I slipped up and noticed they were still on at 830pm and thats when i shut them off. In the morning i have to turn them back on at 8am. Is that minus 30 mins gonna have any effect on her? I dont have any pictures but i do have a video on youtube of the plant. heres the link
YouTube - Indoor Closet Grow

If you look on when i put the camera on the top you can see the white hairs.
Any advice about the light problem would help. thanks.

I don't think it would stress it too much. My girl is on 12/12 6am - 6pm (3 weeks into flowering) and I have 3 lights...2 on a dual timer the other I have to manually plug in/out. Sometimes I'll either be out or get sidetracked and have the one light stay on past 6PM (at times 6:30-6:45) This has happened at least half a dozen times and I have seem no adverse effects.

I have a question for you though. You are doing 12/12 8-8, at what time does the sun set where you live? I would think your plant being 3 weeks into flowering such as much would have some buds by now. I'm still relatively new at this, perhaps it's just the strain....here's mine:

php0x4LR9AM.jpg

phpKNXBSoAM.jpg

I'm only using 3 26W CFLs

Thanks man, Im not too worried anymore seeing your plant. I was just afraid it might trigger a hermaphrodite or something, this is my first attempt to grow :p
The sun sets around 7 here. I looked up Caramelicious strain and it takes about 9 weeks to flower. I thought it was only gonna take a month.
I think its you strain tho, im no expert but looks she will be done pretty soon. Next 2 weeks maybe? Do you know what kinda budd your growing?
Well thanks for easing my mind :p

Not a clue on the strain. It's bagseed from a great batch that only had a few seeds. I germinated/sprouted about seeds, killed 3 early on for what appeared to be bad genetics, kept 2 (figured I would play the 50/50 odds of getting a female) to my enjoyment, the plant you see grew 2x as big and the other turned out to be a male, and ultimately had to be destroyed!

I was actually thinking another 6-8 weeks of flowering, depending. Maybe 5% of the hairs are amber right now....most of the leaves have their "sugar"

Really waiting for them to grow bigger and denser :roorrip:

Hoping to yield an ounce. Been fun, but I really wish I had proper lighting and nutes.

Anyway, you should be fine, after a week I saw white hairs, so I would assume in the next few for yourself you'll start to see what I have. Some strains are just too badass to show flowers right away, sit back and enjoy the ride dude, keep us posted! :popcorn:

Mistake i made :p
My plant will be 3 weeks into flowering on the 8th of october.
Heres it now. i cant take pictures all i have video recorder. I have a question. Little ball like things that represent a male are coming out along with the white pistols. Actually the pistals are coming out of the little ball things. Does this mean a hermi? I posted the best picture i could find that represents what im seeing. My camera quality isnt good enough.
Get back to me thanks :)
YouTube - IMG 0004

33bmyrm.jpg

That is a female reproductive organ know as a calyx. Pistil emerge from them. Groups of calyxes, leaves, trichomes (resin glands containing THC), and pistil comprise the flowers aka buds. They are normally found in pair at the internodes. If this is ur only worry, this is good news. I've never dealt with a male but i know the ladies. I've read many people describe the male parts as banana shaped. Males also are said to mature faster. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom