Help With Hanging an Inline Blower Please (STAT)

WeednFeed

Hi Folks! Thanks for checking this post out. I have a somewhat immediate need to cover up odor from my new basement grow room prior to guests coming over tomorrow. Here's the sit:

I started soil growing some moms and they are giving off some scent. While personally I enjoy it my guests may not be equally entertained. I have a 4" Vortex and a 4" Carbon can but for the life of me I can't figure a good way to ceiling mount the blower (silent/shock mount preferred) from the ceiling. The ceiling is 1/2" drywall with adequate joisting above. I'll be hanging the the carbon can with hooks and chain. The exhaust will simply vent into the main area of the basement. The fan will be on an interval timer for now.
In addition, as ai can be a bit thick, any pics would be a huge help.

Thanks to any and all for your help! :smokin:

I use a tent but I agree bungee cords. They are cheap,easy, and reduce noise from vibration.
102_4274.JPG

Sisco-- I can't thank you enough for your considered input. I will go with the bungees. Can you tell me if you simply cradle the blower at the flanges or do you take a lap over each end and then secure?

Gratuity in perpetude.

Side-note-- your sigs are right on! TJ is an inspiration for me.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

I use a tent but I agree bungee cords. They are cheap,easy, and reduce noise from vibration.
102_4274.JPG

Thanks you Dr. I yield to your wisdom and will take your prescription.
You're a life saver... and thanks for the pic! I just wasn't visualizing it.

Good on you!

Straddle just like Drs example, and for your journal I sure would!

Thanks again for your help Sisco. I really cannot overstate my appreciation for your help and that of this forum as a whole. I spent a long time reading before beginning and now that my room is ready I can push my prospective moms along, do some cloning/sexing and be on my way finally. All the better as the pain control I was on was recently pulled from the market.
The knowledge I have gained here is invaluable as of course are you people behind it.

II'll be viewing your Lemon Skunk grow shortly.

I suggest mounting it in the same manner as an HVAC air handler: use strips of sheet metal 1 inch wide and strap it to the rafters.

Lick: Thanks for your input, but I followed the path mentioned earlier by using bungees. I did that to address potential vibration and sound issues. Your suggestion is good however in a situation where those issues are not of great importance.

Metal straps would carry vibrations to rafters, bungees absorb better...IMHO.

Sisco: I went with the bungees and if I did my homework on posting there should be a pic here for you.

DSCN10691.JPG

I read through your Hempy grow and am amazed at the success you had using a method I've certainly not heard of. You have the greenest of thumbs Sir! Your approach was economical, conservative, sensible and ended up with a great reward. You know, I perused a few other forums and settled on this one as the demeanor and knowledge base both seemed a good fit for me. I'm just getting started, but I'd be lost like like snowflakes in the arctic without you people. I like blazing trails... but with regard to growing, I'm very happy following. Thanks.

:thumb: That's a good looking rigging, I'm sure you've powered up for a test run.

Thank you for your kind comments, I have to give credit to this community of growers. The vibe here is pleasant, fun and relaxed.

If there is any other questions, no matter how dumb you may think they are, don't hesitate to ask any of the seasoned growers here.

Looking forward to your journal WeednFeed :goodluck:

Again, Thanks to everyone who helped with my ventilation issue. You were all very helpful!

I did finally begin my journal if anyone is interested in viewing it. In fact, I'd put a link to it if I knew how! :smokin:

You can go your journal and look for the "Linkback" tab on the top of the page, copy the highlighted link.

Then go to the "Control Panel" and fined the "Edit signature" tab.

Once you are in, click on the "insert link"... it looks like a globe... and paste your journal's link.

Once you do that, it will highlight some of the information, backspace and enter your jounals name.

Hope that helps.

:thumb: That's a good looking rigging, I'm sure you've powered up for a test run.

Thank you for your kind comments, I have to give credit to this community of growers. The vibe here is pleasant, fun and relaxed.

If there is any other questions, no matter how dumb you may think they are, don't hesitate to ask any of the seasoned growers here.

Looking forward to your journal WeednFeed :goodluck:

It powered up nicely thanks. I've never worked with this type of blower before but the slow ramp up and slow decel lend themselves very well to the mount. As such, there is no startup or stopping jerks. I realize 0 vibration and as I insulated the rafters fairly well, the noise is barely perceptible with my ear near the floor above. Thanks for the odorless Xmas Sisco!

Back
Top Bottom