Help with molasses

trkyhntr420

Is molasses oily? I bought some from a feed and grain store and used it in place of Botanicare Sweet in my mix of GH nutes. Now I have foam on top of the mix in the res. and the mix is greasy feeling to the touch. Is this normal ?

No it is not....its water soluable....I have been using molasses for about a month now. 1 oz per gallon. I have so much air my water boils and it never foams. and I have a huge power head running all the time keeping everything nice and mixed up. I gave up using on the Botannicare Sweet....I havent used it long enough to tell you if it definitely works in any capacity though

Thanks for the response. I saw what looks like oil droplets in the molasses I bought. I better do a res change to make sure it doesn't affect the plants.

Before I feft 6 days ago I put Molasses in my res.
Came back tonight to notice some foam on top.
I too am blowing alot of air in my res. Its level is also down as the girls were drinking HEAVY while I was away! WOW! So my level my have gotten a bit low which may have help produce the foam. I did notice my ph shot way way up....not sure why
I dissloved my molasses in a gallon jug with warm water first to help thin it out before putting in my res. Im using grandmas brand. I don't think you have to change res, imo
Im sure there alright.

Is molasses oily? I bought some from a feed and grain store and used it in place of Botanicare Sweet in my mix of GH nutes. Now I have foam on top of the mix in the res. and the mix is greasy feeling to the touch. Is this normal ?

I was told never to use molassea in hydro as it would clog things up so I never tried it. I would go back to the Botanicare Sweet instead.

I'm presently growing hydro and in soil pots. My experience has been the molasses smells awful after 1 - 2 days in the hydro system. I installed another pump in the res just to circulate the solution and added an air stone even though my return pipe is about 6 inches above the full line in the res so it oxygenates the solution all the time anyway, but I still get an awful smell. No problems to report with the soil. I agree that it would be best to use the sweet with the hydro as I've had a few lines clog as well using the molasses. Besides the sweet smells great and makes my grow room smell pleasant instead of like a garbage dump. I haven't tried molasses alone, only with GH products and Pura Vida Organic nutrients and have had the same results both ways.

Back
Top Bottom