Help with new set up

Jeff6

Ok so got a new setup with a 4x4 ft tent 2m high, 600w HPS, And because im new i am looking for a few answers to my questions if anyone can help me :) Anyways here go's..

1. Going to get clones so how far would the 600w HPS need to be away from them, And when they get bigger whats the normal distance, Its not air cooled but there will be a fan blowing on the light to cool it abit(I thought it would be the furthest since the HPS is pretty hot and powerful for them)

2.I am going to use Coco nutrients and soil, I have purchased A + B and on the back it says 'Add Coco to the nutrient reservoir with the dilution ratio 1:250 (40 ml A and 40 ml B per 10 L of water'... So do i just for example get a bucket or something that holds 10l and add the A + B and let it sit for a while ?

3.It also says on the back 'When growing intensively feed the plants 1-3 times per day with this nutrient and make sure drainaige is between 10% & 20%, this means 3-6 litre of nutrient per m2 per day'.. So does this count for each plant and i feed it 3-6 litres from my 10l 'reservoir' for example ? And could some1 explain the drainage part please

4.how can you feed the plants, because people tell me you can syringe into the soil or just pour it with a jug or something, So could i just for example get a jug fill it with a litre of water/nutrients and feed it to the 1 plant 3 times a day meaning its getting 3 litres a day ? And for the water can i fill a large container of some sort from the tap and leave it outside for a day or 2 to get rid of the chemicals and then put it in my 'reservoir' thingy.

5. And finally when is the best times for feeding or can you just tell me your feeding times, As i heard if its best at night because it dont evaporate or something then ?

I would be very very grateful if i could get some answers to these as these are the things bugging me at the moment, Im learning more everyday so when it comes round to it i should have a basic knowledge of what im doing ahaha Thanks anyway guys !!

Ok so got a new setup with a 4x4 ft tent 2m high, 600w HPS, And because im new i am looking for a few answers to my questions if anyone can help me :) Anyways here go's..

1. Going to get clones so how far would the 600w HPS need to be away from them, And when they get bigger whats the normal distance, Its not air cooled but there will be a fan blowing on the light to cool it abit(I thought it would be the furthest since the HPS is pretty hot and powerful for them)

2.I am going to use Coco nutrients and soil, I have purchased A + B and on the back it says 'Add Coco to the nutrient reservoir with the dilution ratio 1:250 (40 ml A and 40 ml B per 10 L of water'... So do i just for example get a bucket or something that holds 10l and add the A + B and let it sit for a while ?

3.It also says on the back 'When growing intensively feed the plants 1-3 times per day with this nutrient and make sure drainaige is between 10% & 20%, this means 3-6 litre of nutrient per m2 per day'.. So does this count for each plant and i feed it 3-6 litres from my 10l 'reservoir' for example ? And could some1 explain the drainage part please

4.how can you feed the plants, because people tell me you can syringe into the soil or just pour it with a jug or something, So could i just for example get a jug fill it with a litre of water/nutrients and feed it to the 1 plant 3 times a day meaning its getting 3 litres a day ? And for the water can i fill a large container of some sort from the tap and leave it outside for a day or 2 to get rid of the chemicals and then put it in my 'reservoir' thingy.

5. And finally when is the best times for feeding or can you just tell me your feeding times, As i heard if its best at night because it dont evaporate or something then ?

I would be very very grateful if i could get some answers to these as these are the things bugging me at the moment, Im learning more everyday so when it comes round to it i should have a basic knowledge of what im doing ahaha Thanks anyway guys !!

welcome to the party my friend.
1. clones..Ill assume that they are well rooted and under T5's or stronger
start at 36" and drop down to 20" over the course of 10 days.
2. I never used that product line but the directions seem to indicate that your using hydro nutes or even specific nutes for Coco...HOWEVER...your using soil ..or a soiless medium that looks like soil...if you use straight coco your will feed alot more often than if your adding a soilessmix to the coco...that would turn to mud if you understand what I mean...my soil plants are fed every time I water...aprox 2-3 days...at full size
my hydro plants are fed every 15 mins...
clarify the medum your using
3. need more info
4. need more info
5. need more info

Back
Top Bottom