help with water temp

fasts102376

hello all;) i'm doing 5g buckets dwc and i have a hard time keeping temps down.. i've read that u can freeze some water bottle,but that seems to be a pain.. does anybody some good ideals? any advice would be welcome...

thanks

Mate, we have it hot where I am in summer, and apart from suggesting airconditioning to reduce the overall ambient temp, I am at a loss here in what to advise you. Perhaps some other members here may have the info you need.
I will say that the temps you have may not be the best, but your plants will still cope. You may have to reduce ec when it is really hot.

thanks moose and stix:blushsmile: stix do u have a link for that water cooler?

if the water stays at 80 am i looking for trouble or will hurt my yield?

thanks again...

just do a google search for hydroponic water chillers. As for yield issue with resevoir water temp. I'm really not to sure. My hydro store guy told me that ideal resevoir temps would be about 65F. I myself don't have a water chiller. The previous summers, my resevoir was in my grow room where the temps were 75 - 85F. So ofcourse my res temps were the same. I've had pretty successfull grows regardless. I have since moved my resevoir outside my grow room which with the colder months I can pretty much maintain a cooler resevoir temp. So, I'll see what happens. I don't think having a higher res temp will affect yield directly. I think higher temps allow more bacteria to thrive in your resevoir like alagea and crap, which can cause your plants to produce less. At this point I don't see the necessity to shell out a few hundred bucks to keep my res temps lower. Hopefully just the fact I've moved my res outside my growroom will be enough to make a considerable difference. Hope this helps, Good Luck!

If you can lower the temps with larger bubbler's, the plants will cope easier. The cooler the medium at the bottom, the better the top can withstand heat.

You can get a coil dehumidifier and run a circulating fan right over the coils. The coils get so cold they actually freeze. Instant AC.

Back
Top Bottom