Help

LeeRup

Started seeing some browning of leaves.
420-magazine-mobile575857882.jpg
420-magazine-mobile502538651.jpg

I'm not plant pathologist, but it looks like your leaves are hooking, which is a sign of too much nitrogen. (They also look very green, which is a sign of nitrogen abundance.)

The first change in concentrations with the hydroponic nutrient schedule I'm using is significantly reducing nitrogen in the growth media when flowering starts. Maybe you just have more N than your plant can handle at this stage?

This is all just book learnin'. It would be great if someone with more experience could comment (and possibly correct).

Twice I sprinkled some Scotts 10-10-10 like 1/2 tesp on both plants

If undissolved fertilizer is still visible at the surface, the first thing I'd do is to scrape that off.

The accepted way--the only way that I can think of--of getting rid of excess fertilizer is to flush it out by pouring a lot water through the pots ("flushing"). Then be sure to let the soil dry thoroughly.

Next I'd suggest reading up on how to fertilize cannabis. For instance, at this stage in your grow, most people would be adding phosphorous and using less nitrogen, but pretty soon you're not going to want any fertilizer at all. The good news is that there's tons of good info out there and your flowers look great! :thumb:

Stop using Scotts immediately and you should be fine. Since you've provided no info, I can't tell you what to do other than find a nute program to get you through flowering. Then you need to put your study cap on the READ READ READ. :)

Todo List:
#1: Adopt a regular nutrient plan and stick to it. Nutrient requirements change over the life of a plant.
#2: When's the last time you applied the Scott nutes? 10-10-10 is NOT a good flowering ratio, hence the N issue Scientific spotted straight away. All the answers are on the forum so I won't elaborate beyond restating plants need very little nitrogen during flowering. In fact, many ppl begin to drop N completely during flowering. You have much to read and you will learn this.
#3: When seeking help, provide more info than you think anyone could possibly need to know in order to help you. Soil. Lights. Nutes. Etc. The more info provided will lead to best and quickest resolution.

Sage

Back
Top Bottom