Help

Newbie207

420 Member
Hi, newbie here looking for advice on a few plants. Two different plants, are they done? Still has some white pistols, not all but quite a few. Are they done, wait another week?

One brown top picture, is this bud rot????? What do i do about it and or prevent anymore?

Two plants are different strains.

Thanks.

20221007_083323.jpg

20221007_083237.jpg

20221007_083051.jpg

20221007_082934.jpg

20221007_082552.jpg

One brown top picture, is this bud rot?????
Certainly looks like a form of 'bud rot'. I also see a some in the second photo, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down. Probably started several weeks ago and has finally gotten to the point where the damage has become very visible.

What do i do about it and or prevent anymore?
Cut off the area with the brown. Do not skimp and try to save the bud area right next to it. Go a bit past the brown and into what looks like good bud. That way you can get some of the rot that is just starting to grow but has not yet killed off the bud and turned it brown.

For my outdoor plants I go with a preventative spraying of a mild acid & water solution starting in July. I spray even if I do not see any mold or mildew. With the indoor plants I tend to spray once a week to 10 days for the simple reason it is safer to spray before the problems show up than it is to try to save the plants when the mildew or mold has covered most of the leaves.

Still has some white pistols, not all but quite a few. Are they done, wait another week?
I am not there to see the plants in person but based on the top two photos about a week or two. The bottom 3 photos are a tad out of focus but the tricombs look about 50% clear.

@SmokingWings is spot on! Definitely get that rot out of there asap! About 2 weeks or so, but consider chopping if the rot can't be controlled. Problem with bud rot is the spores have been the for weeks, and there's undoubtable more, but will they develop into rot? I notice water on the plants, that isn't going to help things. Try to keep them dry if you can.

@SmokingWings is spot on! Definitely get that rot out of there asap! About 2 weeks or so, but consider chopping if the rot can't be controlled. Problem with bud rot is the spores have been the for weeks, and there's undoubtable more, but will they develop into rot? I notice water on the plants, that isn't going to help things. Try to keep them dry if you can.
Thanks, moring dew on the plants.

I just cut out the spots i noticed. Will let them carry on for another few week's then and monitor.

I had no idea the complications of growing. Should be better prepared for next year thanks to all the pointers.

Thanks, moring dew on the plants.

I just cut out the spots i noticed. Will let them carry on for another few week's then and monitor.

I had no idea the complications of growing. Should be better prepared for next year thanks to all the pointers.
Bud rot is just one of those things, don't beat yourself up, it can and does happen to the best of growers.

Back
Top Bottom