Helping This Girl Before It's Too Late

elunex

My one plant has been the pride of my grow space so far. I went to bed to her looking perky, but woke up and she's drooping and not looking good at all. The main stem is softer and the leaves aren't happy either.

It's definitely not over watering. She was last watered the day before yesterday, on the same schedule as my other plants. It is possible that she required more water than them and that it's an underwatering problem.

The only other cause I can think of is related to the recent pruning. But not sure I'd expect to see such symptoms.

I've given her water with a 20% runoff in the hopes that helps.

I've heard you can't over water coco (with some debate). But does that mean it's more likely to cause issues when the medium is dry?

My one plant has been the pride of my grow space so far. I went to bed to her looking perky, but woke up and she's drooping and not looking good at all. The main stem is softer and the leaves aren't happy either.

It's definitely not over watering. She was last watered the day before yesterday, on the same schedule as my other plants. It is possible that she required more water than them and that it's an underwatering problem.

The only other cause I can think of is related to the recent pruning. But not sure I'd expect to see such symptoms.

I've given her water with a 20% runoff in the hopes that helps.

I've heard you can't over water coco (with some debate). But does that mean it's more likely to cause issues when the medium is dry?
Just an update... Clearly I'm new to this. Within 15 minutes of watering, the plant had perked up completely and was back to her original state. Unbelievable.

I can only think that while coco is harder to over water, it may be a bit easier to under water

Don't worry it happens. I've grown for years and still have watering issues show up once in a while. When I switch to Ocean Forest there was a big watering curve. Top 3/4 of the pot was holding all the water and the bottoms were dry. I also found dry spots or sides that didn't absorb well. Funny how over watering and under watering look the same. I did the same thing you did and just bit the bullet and watered it more and the plants came around. Since that time I have found a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm OF and HF to work better.

Back
Top Bottom