Hempy Question relating to outdoor growing and temperatures

Concept

Hey everyone, thank you for viewing my question. I'm looking to start a new outdoor grow but have some questions. Originally I was looking at just using fox farm ocean forest mix in 5 gal pots. However I was thinking it would be cheaper if I could go hempy. But I'm not sure on a few things.

One being if hempy is reliable outdoors in a hot humid environment.

Two being temperature of the water, at night it can dip into the 50s. Is this a problem?

Three is pests, how does hempy fair against them? I live in a buggy area

Now what I was planning was starting them from clones, vegging for 1 week to establish some roots, then putting them outdoors to flower. My current light cycle puts them starting with 11.5 hours of light and ending with about 10 hours. Not ideal but, hey can't change the sun.

Now because it's outdoor and only 1 week of veg, how large should the pot be?

and the dreaded question, what about expected yield?
I've never grown outdoors before let alone a straight into flowering grow. So I'm really in new ground here. So was wondering if someone has an estimate they could give on yield. I'll put some stats below to help with that.

outdoors, 1 week veg, typical designer strains from attitude, average high/low temps 78-52 over next 3 months, average day temperature 76, blue planet organic nutrients, and then either hempy or soil which ever you know, and I guess in 5 gal pots.

thank you again for reading the question, I hope you can help :)
:thanks::Namaste:

I wouldnt count on more then 2 oz and as low as 1/2 oz.

given what you are doing if done in soil even a 2 or 3 gallon would be sufficient.

As for hempy shit I wouldnt be the guy to ask.

I would go with the biggest pot you have room for. More dirt, more roots ..... more roots, more buds.

What mutt says is definitely true.

I am using 15 gallon pots in my spring outdoor grow. I had 5 gallon ones this year and yields suffered. I believe much to the size of the pot and root binding.

However I vegged the plants for 2.5-3 months not 1 week.

Just keep in mind the temps you will face at the end of December or In January which is when you will be harvesting. Most places in the northern Hemisphere would be far too cold.

Back
Top Bottom