Hermaphrodite Danger

deepblue

I'm currently working on a grow from seed with two strains: Caramelicious and BC Great White Shark. (See pic (I'm not too worried about the height discrepancy as I'm only looking for a mother plant of each strain)). My GWS plants (on left in pic) will be 5 weeks old tomorrow (May 28) and the Caramelicious plants will be 4 weeks old . My question is what is the best way to go about determining the sex of the plants? It seems to me that the only way to do this is to switch the photoperiod to 12/12 so the plants will show sex, then change the females back to 18/6 to veg for a while and eventually clone. However the research I've done indicates that this can be very stressful for the plants and has the potential to produce hermaphrodites. What are your expert opinions on this?

(I know, I know... This picture shows some pretty obvious flaws in my grow room; they'll be fixed when I have the funds.)
0526092006.jpg

0527092036.jpg

There is another way to determine sex. Since you don't have a height discrepancy. The plants will show pre flowers at about 4 weeks. How do I determine a female sex plant from a male? Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Please feel free to pm me if you have any more questions. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom