Hermie pollination question

Smoke204

My grow originally started off with four feminized Purple Kush plants but am down to two. About a week and a half after switching to 12/12 I found that two of the four might be hermies. So just to wait and see I kept a close eye on the two. My suspicion was confirmed on one about three days afterwards which I separated immediately & destroyed. While destroying that hermie I figured it would be a good time to closely examine the plant and was amazed how many pollen sacs there were that I didn't notice! The second suspected hermie finally was realized today which was also separated immediately & destroyed. Examining this one closely as I have done with the previous I found something that caught my eye this time, (I wish I thought of it to take a picture!), it looked like there may have been an open pollen sac but I can't be sure since this is my first grow.

I have accepted the possibility that the remaining two could have been pollinated but a small part of me is still keeping my fingers crossed that they didn't. So I'd like any advice on what to keep an eye out for, like what signs that the remaining two may have been pollinated. Right now I am in the third week into flowering and attached a picture to give a better idea where my plants are at in development.

mUntd0b.jpg

Hi Smoke. You'll soon find out, if you're looking. You'll see the calyxes on the females swell up. They grow fast. Here is a picture of a Thai sativa plant -six days after I purposely pollinated it. If you do get seeds don't worry too much, you can still still get perfectly good bud, just less of it because seeds take up space.

image34933.jpg

Back
Top Bottom