hermophornot?

SWvoodoo

What do you think, mophy?
IMAG17332.jpg
IMAG17311.jpg

Looks like a Hermie, remove as you find them and you will be alright.
Have a look and see if you have any light leaks causing the Hermie.
Are they stressed in anyway?

How long in flower are you? Picking a few nanners late in flower to let her finish is one thing but if I am seeing your pictures correctly it looks like you are very early in flower and it is a true hermaphrodite rather than one who was stressed later in flower due to lights or some other stressor. You may be picking male pre flowers daily and not get them all. Or, I could be missing something.

I stressed half of my first grow's girls early in flower, like week 2 or 3, with too much heat/light but it was a localized occurance and while I still got a few seeds, less than 10, from some lower popcorn bud, I was able to bring all four ladies to harvest without any issues. You just have to be thorough and vigilant in your search for stamens. But as MacEFL said, if it is a true hermie, not from any stressors, then it might not be worth the effort.

Thanks for all the replies guys! They are up to week 5 of flower I've been a little suss onthem all along developing uneven amounts of calyxes so they could be gen mophs. Either way she's developing some nice fat colas. I'll post a Cpl pics tonight. I'm planning on letting them run it out so we will see what happens. The suspect growth has been limited to lower on the plant and 95% of it looks nice so... Well see.

Thanks for all the replies guys! They are up to week 5 of flower I've been a little suss onthem all along developing uneven amounts of calyxes so they could be gen mophs. Either way she's developing some nice fat colas. I'll post a Cpl pics tonight. I'm planning on letting them run it out so we will see what happens. The suspect growth has been limited to lower on the plant and 95% of it looks nice so... Well see.

Let them run and pick out the balls, I would say that's a better option than chopping

couple pics
IMAG17431.jpg

IMAG17411.jpg

IMAG17373.jpg

one of the more suspect looking colas
IMAG17402.jpg

as you can see there is considerable bud there I cant bring myself to pull it. There have definitely been a few stresses mainly light burn possibly localised heat issues, possible zipper light leaks. i have clones of these girls im now wondering about their viability. how can I be sure if they are full herm or just stressed?? I guess ill resolve myself to seedy weed for this round.

IMHO, if the lady has mutliple stamens at nearly every node, there is a good chance it is a genetic and not environmental hermaphroditism. It could be a systemic issue such as nutrient burn/lockout, disease, pests, etc. but without any of those factors present it is more than likely genetic in nature. If only isolated or local areas of the lady have been affected, then it is more likely to be the result of environmental conditions, such as light leaks, heat stress, light stress, etc.

yeh definitely not at every node but more than a random one or two single stamen like I have mostly seen with stressed mophs. A dozen bunches with the occasional full ball have been pulled off so far, but mainly localised to lower less lit growth. I am not convinced either way. These girls will finish out and I will maintain the clones until I am certain of the results.

I have an 8 inch extraction setup and a large household rotating fan which seems to keep most colas waving. I could possibly use another under the canopy though. I kinda f@#ked up and let them veg a few days too long and they stretched out and got pretty bleached out I remedied this but whether that and a bit of a "hot week" of nutes at around the same time (week 2-3 of bud) may have set them off?

Oh yeah, that could have easily set them off as it doesn't take much in the way of either intensity or duration of the stressor to potentially cause stamens to appear. If no more stamens are appearing then you'll know that you found and rectified the stressor. If you keep finding stamens, my next guess would be a light leak somewhere within your grow environment.

Well I have my fingers crossed that is the case or it has ruined this and my next planned grow. Here's hoping.
One other point worth mentioning is that most stamen seem to be appearing around the node where I did some pretty aggressive topping. e.g. stamen appearing at the "y" where it was topped.

That's actually a good sign as that points more towards a stress-induced hermie over a genetic hermie. Sounds like your girls have undergone a fair bit of stress, eh? Join the club, my first two grows were full of stress issues, all brought on by my mistakes of course, but I don't mind really as you learn a lot more from mistakes than successes, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom