Hey from Ky

tribesun75

Been reading obsessively for 3 days straight now. 1st timer, and starting off on the wrong foot. Got temp. laid off. Have good bagseed (16) at 3 day sprout. Have had to use just natural light until tonight, when I can get some CFL's. This will end up being the budgetest of the budget builds. I live in Ky and am going to put all but two outside in 3 weeks. The two inside I am going to have to CFL. Any inspiration/advice would be greatly appreciated. High end and or shipped stuff is not an option on this grow. Peace and much love. P.S. used jiffy pellets for germ/sprouting.

hey im in the same boat as u, low budget plus the weather is still bad in our neck of the woods.im just north of u in ind.good luck with it. this is the best site for helpful info every ones real nice and helpful.

Basically, you just have to sit down and figure out how much money you have to spend. Just be realistic in the actual monetary amount designated to each area. For example you want to figure out how much on pots, soil, nutes, lights, etc. This will allow your best path to success in whatever you grow:yahoo:

You have to be able to support it, maintain it, and basic ability to follow instructions, and there you have it.. the system that is right for your growing needs and budget - with all the advice you could ever want. There are options, you just have to decide witch is right for you after considering them all.:thumb:.

Don't sweat it. If they are going to be able to go outside in a couple weeks you can just grab cheap beer cups for a couple bucks to use for pots. A small bag of potting soil should cover your needs. If you are that low on cash, you could even dig a little bit of dirt out of your yard and sterilize it in the oven to make your own potting soil. Grab a couple CFLs or whatever you want to do an make it happen. For seedlings I usually use a 4 ft shop light. The light costs about 10. Two sets of bulbs (3000k spectrum and 6500k spectrum) costs another 10. I throw one bulb from each in the shop light to get a decent mix for the color spectrum. You can do the same thing with CFLs since you're probably planning on flowering with them too. Just read up on a few CFL grows on the forum and you'll be set. You can really get things off the ground for about 30 or less if that's the route you need to go. Keep your eyes glued to this site and you won't go wrong. You might make mistakes, but you won't go wrong. We'll be around if you need help. Later, bro. and best of luck to you and your grow.

:peace::peace::peace:

Are you just keeping the 2 inside as moms? There'e many cfl grows here in any grow medium and manner of growing possible. Lots of help here though.

Hey ledtester. I was planning on keeping 1 or 2 to try and get some early bud to smoke on. Also to use it as a learning experience for future grows. I guess the outdoor part of it I'm hoping will be my fallback. I've got 9 healthy(?) seedlings right now, hoping for 4-5 fem's. 1-2 inside 3-4 out to (hopefully) cover my bases in case I fail miserably inside.

Hey bro I am from southwestern Virginia and so if ur in east KY Im real close. Just throwing a couple guesses around so are you from Letcher county or Pike County? Anyway my yahoo messenger ID is listed in my profile ,shoot me and invite on yahoo if ya want to be able to chat back and forth about the subject. I also have some real nice genectics sitting around I could toss ya a few seeds. Anyway good luck and feel free to contact me. We mountain folk got to stick together lol. I go up to the New Earth store up in Louisville sometimes I got family up there as well. :thumb:

Hey bro I am from southwestern Virginia and so if ur in east KY Im real close. Just throwing a couple guesses around so are you from Letcher county or Pike County? Anyway my yahoo messenger ID is listed in my profile ,shoot me and invite on yahoo if ya want to be able to chat back and forth about the subject. I also have some real nice genectics sitting around I could toss ya a few seeds. Anyway good luck and feel free to contact me. We mountain folk got to stick together lol. I go up to the New Earth store up in Louisville sometimes I got family up there as well. :thumb:

Hey there you go tribe sun in case things don;t work out inside, caf has some seeds for you...Also learn how to clone that really helps because you can take as many cuttings as you want while the plants are vegging in or out. It's hard going cheap inside only because you have to control so many things but doesn;t mean you can't get some good weed and also keep some going for next year if you see something you like.....

sorry I cant send private messages yet so I have to post my reply to your private message here for you to see it.

Im in Wise County , VA so I am about 1 hour from ya or a lil less. Yes I am very familiar with Vergie, flemming/neon those areas I went there back in the day to get tons of descent commercial but don't have any good connections left over there. I will try to arrange to call ya or something sometime soon. My email address is ejs091z@yahoo.com if ya want to email me directly and if ya want to leave me your number. My number is a vonage phone number so it shows up weird as a 571-223-**** number. I would give you my number but do not really want it posted here and since I cant PM it to ya feel free to shoot me yours. Once I get over 25 posts then I can PM you. Thanks bro.

Back
Top Bottom