Hi everyone. I'm looking for studies...

newsisnoise

I'm looking for studies to help me decide whether it'd be ok to seek a prescription for MM. i've been smoking and eating it for about 5 years now with much positive result.

i have a pinched nerve in my back that causes me constant pain. as well, i've been experiencing pain through my right side; chest, back, lungs, shoulder bicept, forearm and numbness in my hand. all is on the right hand side. so far tests are inconclusive and it seems to be that the pain is stress induced.

i've a very healthy cardiovascular system, at least they haven't found anything wrong with the tests conducted, and generally fit. I'd like to do some reading to see if there have been clinical trials showing Cannabis to help my conditions.

i also have persistant nausea that i treat with cannabis.

any and all information is very helpful, and i'd like to thank you in advance for your assitance.

much love..

I do a lot of googling... but are you able to or comfortable to just talk to your doc about it? I mean, from what you are saying, it IS working so... I mean, I'd just go to the doc personally.

I have a lot of nerve pain & issues and it FOR SURE helps me. And, just a random side note, I DO NOT have a healthy cardio system. I actually have a heart condition, and it also helps that too. A poor cardio/heart doesn't mean pot is bad (I'm not sure if you were indirectly asking/wondering, that's why I was mentioning).

from what i've learned about my doctor, he likes to see you do some work ahead of time. learn about what you've got and bring him info. that way we're both working together on it. i haven't mentioned it, but i may once i get some of these tests back.

i get a lot of questions about whither it's good or bad for bac cardio systems, so i thought i'd just set it out there to pre-empt the questions.

i'll look more on google, but i havn't found a lot of studies pertaining to nerve pain. i'll keep looking though.

thanks, dear.

from what i've learned about my doctor, he likes to see you do some work ahead of time. learn about what you've got and bring him info. that way we're both working together on it. i haven't mentioned it, but i may once i get some of these tests back.

i get a lot of questions about whither it's good or bad for bac cardio systems, so i thought i'd just set it out there to pre-empt the questions.

i'll look more on google, but i havn't found a lot of studies pertaining to nerve pain. i'll keep looking though.

thanks, dear.

I'll see if I can find you anything. You are in Canada, right? Does it matter where the studies were done? I can prolly hook you up with some stuff next week.

I'll see if I can find you anything. You are in Canada, right? Does it matter where the studies were done? I can prolly hook you up with some stuff next week.

Really? that's super nice of you. i am in canada. and no it doesn't matter the country of origin of the study.

since way back when i posted last, i've taken a 20mg dose of Paxil (an SSRI, selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor, similar to prozac which is apparently of low quality). oh my god! that may have been the worst i've felt since i was in junior high.. so depressed. mood swings like a bloody roller coaster. and what a jerk i became. my pain increase, as did the nausea and dizzyness. basically it made everything worse. i'm off it now and not gonna go back on. i could feel the addiction setting in. so scary..

more tests; neurologist & EMG. more coming in the nest couple months. ct, eeg and standard urinalysis and blood tests. the only physical thing wrong with me that they find is low iron. but i've always had that.

i'm still having no luck finding any studies. I found an article in Treating Yourself about Major Depression and treating it with cannabinoids instead of SSRI's & Tricyclics. while it's an interesting read. it didn't really seem to pertain to me. but then again i'm only a C student, so i miss stuff.

Tommorow i'm going to go down to my local head shop/activism HQ/Compassionate Care Center to talk to them about this. The owner has a weekly medical marijuana seminar and suggested that he might have a study or to that would help. but like a stoner, he forgot. so i'm gonna see if i can kick start his memory. haha.

Thank you Goddess. :yahoo:

Do a search for Granny Storm Crow...you'll find all the links you'll probably ever need. Ultimately, though, you're your own case study and that's really all you should need.

Use Google scholar and search for more unbiased information. You will likely not find any complete medical studies because the laws and most governments don't recognize any medicinal value.

Know your body and go with that. A conversation with an open minded Doctor should follow.

I'm looking for studies to help me decide whether it'd be ok to seek a prescription for MM. i've been smoking and eating it for about 5 years now with much positive result.

i have a pinched nerve in my back that causes me constant pain. as well, i've been experiencing pain through my right side; chest, back, lungs, shoulder bicept, forearm and numbness in my hand. all is on the right hand side. so far tests are inconclusive and it seems to be that the pain is stress induced.

i've a very healthy cardiovascular system, at least they haven't found anything wrong with the tests conducted, and generally fit. I'd like to do some reading to see if there have been clinical trials showing Cannabis to help my conditions.

i also have persistant nausea that i treat with cannabis.

any and all information is very helpful, and i'd like to thank you in advance for your assitance.

much love..
If you don't know if it works for you or not, then how the hell am I going to know ?? You be the judge bro. !! :surf::peacetwo::cool:

Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research has some completed studies on cannabis and pain. I do not know if the studies cover your specific type of pain, but you might find something useful. At any rate, they can be an interesting read. You might even find something that you would like to print out to show your doctor.

Good luck with your research, you've gotta get off those prescription drugs, that shit will kill you! In the last two years my doc has prescribed three drugs for me, first one made me faint one night, blood pressure too low, the second put me in a coma, thank God my girlfriend found me and the third caused me so much pain I couldn't use my hands, and the muscle cramping was horrendous!

Do whatever it takes to get off that bad stuff and go natural.

thanks for the ideas everyone. i'm spending the day researching it.

a little note cause many of you talked about it. yes, i do know it works for me. that wasn't what i was asking...

unfortunately i live in a place where getting an Med card is like pulling teeth from a turtle. that being said, to convince a doctor around here (a competent doctor), i need professional studies. my personal experience and even my pain diary aren't enough for doctors here.

happily i can say i no longer feel the affects of the Paxil. and am doing way better than before.

thanks again..:nomo:

Back
Top Bottom