Hi from Iowa Need help asap

cakes437

Hey I am growing my first plant, its probably about 2 weeks old,I have it under a 100w bulb and have ordered a 4oow grow light should be here today. Will I have to order somthing special to screw that 400 in or can I use the sheild Im using now? It says I shouldnt put anything over 150w in it.I have no idea what i am doing,and do not know anyone personaly to ask, so am at the mersy of these sites to get my info. Also do I need to pluck off any leaves at this point. Thanks For helping Cakes437

Hey I am growing my first plant, its probably about 2 weeks old,I have it under a 100w bulb and have ordered a 4oow grow light should be here today. Will I have to order somthing special to screw that 400 in or can I use the sheild Im using now? It says I shouldnt put anything over 150w in it.I have no idea what i am doing,and do not know anyone personaly to ask, so am at the mersy of these sites to get my info. Also do I need to pluck off any leaves at this point. Thanks For helping Cakes437

DO NOT PUT THAT 400 BULB INTO YOUR 150....

You didn't buy a complete light set-up??? Did you just buy a bulb?

Welcome to 420 Magazine....

I just bought the bulb, thanks for helping, I was wondering if anyone was going to talk me or not, I have never joined anything on the computer before, and not real great at this computer crap either.

Thanks for info, but do I need to pluck off any of the leafs yet?And how long can I just keep it under the 150w bulb that i am using now, and when should I try the 400w Sorry for so many ?s please be pat. with me, as you can see my spelling leaveas alot to be desired also.

Well, you only gave us 4 minutes to answer. As much as we would like to be able to answer all questions right away sometimes it takes a little bit. We are a little busy and being a weekday a lot of members are at work. Rest assured we will get to it..... You should think about starting a journal, it is a great way to get help and help others that may have the same things happening or going on. I am curious as to why you might want to trim leaves from a two week old plant? And you want to try the 400 in what?

I had just heard that you should pluck leaves for some reason or another, and I bought the 400w bulb because I thought thats what i needed, I will start a journal tonite, I would love to get good enough at this to help other also.I started with 10 seeds and this is the only one that took so i am real nervous about it living and producing something hell anything.Thanks

scroll down in the forum list for more info on growing, this is the introduction page and you won't get as much info as you desire from your post here. There is no reason to pluck any of your leaves at this point. Are you using soil? I'm assuming so since you are a beginner.

hi cakes437 i dont mean no offence by this but you obviously know very little about growing and my best advice to you would be to either buy a good book like jorge cervantes's "Marijuana horticulture indoor/outdoor Medical grower's bible" its a fantastic book for begginers and advanced growers alike. or if money is a bit tight theres loads of info on this site read throu it and you'l anwswer alot of your questions with out having to ask anybody then if there's still things you dont understand then ask people.

Please read through the FAQ's and keep in kind that if you keep it simple that you are bound to NOT make any mistakes. The more you over think the grow the worse your plants lives are going to be. These are the same as growing a rose or orchid , so take your time. You need to get a 400W ballast and a hood. I have been growing for some time now and I am constantly on this site for reference and to learn something new. Welcome to the 420MAG fam!

Back
Top Bottom