Hi from Massachusetts

DB62

Hello,
I am here to learn as much as possible about growing and using cannabis as medicine. I went thru chemo for lymphoma this past 6 months or so and I found out about cannabis oil and medical benefits. I couldn't use it then dispute to the aggressiveness of the cancer and lack of supply, but now that Massachusetts has passed the law I am growing to make it myself to hopefully prevent a return of my cancer.

I have a few plants in a tent and they are all in veg. One turned out to be an auto (I didn't know that when I bought those seeds) and I'm confused now that its starting to bud, while the others need to veg for a couple more weeks I think. 18/6 now, but if I switch to 12/12 for the other plants before the auto is done, what will happen?

I should ask that elsewhere on this forum I guess.
Also, smell issues?? Best way to deal with that as I have people in and out of my house for work...
Lolol
Peace
DB

Welcome to 420! Good to see a member form the Northeast. Your Auto will be fine when you do the flip to12/12. I actually had to move some autos out of the veg tent due to stretch and they have been in 12/12 for most of their lives. As far as odor control I recommend some ona gel and a carbon scrubber set up, especially with you running multiple plants. What is your set up for growing? It will aid me in recommendations. Also here is some great links for a new grower. Feel free to check out my grows. Links are in my siggy. Keep em green!

Journals in Progress

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Hey DB62, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you’ll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Hi,
Thanks so much for the reply, I am glad to hear that the Autos will be okay when I switch. The setup I have is a 4x8 tent with 2 600w lights in cool tube reflectors with a carbon filter that is not attached to the fan or the ducting. The fan brings cool air in. I have several plants but they sprouted at different times. There is a 3 week difference between the oldest and youngest. The oldest are about 15" tall now. They are diesel jack. The youngest White Widow and they are about half the size. So I assume that I need to wait about 3 more weeks before I go to flower? I also have a couple of Kosher Kush, and a few Dieseltonic plants. Oh and 1 freebie seed Vintage 2006. Next time I am going to stick to only 2 varieties, and they will be sprouted at the same time. I didn't account for my inexperience and that many of the seeds failed in the beginning. I will get better at this, but I need help...Thanks. I am off to check out your links!!

Welcome to 420! Good to see a member form the Northeast. Your Auto will be fine when you do the flip to12/12. I actually had to move some autos out of the veg tent due to stretch and they have been in 12/12 for most of their lives. As far as odor control I recommend some ona gel and a carbon scrubber set up, especially with you running multiple plants. What is your set up for growing? It will aid me in recommendations. Also here is some great links for a new grower. Feel free to check out my grows. Links are in my siggy. Keep em green!

Journals in Progress

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

The key to when you flip is plant height and light penetration. I usually flip my girls between 12-24" and I do various types of training to keep the canopy level. Plants will go through a phase known as the stretch which usually last about 30 days and plant will double to triple in height. I am only running one light though. You have a little more flexibility having 2 lights and more room.

I can flower 4-6 plants in my space yet I like to keep it at 3-4 plants. My journals will explain my set ups really well as it has grown from the first grow to the current one which I am doing nine week flips. So far so good.

I think you will be okay and I definitely recommend getting a grow journal up soon so you can get help from more experienced members.

I still consider myself a noob and would not have the success I have had thus far if it was not for the amazing members on this site.

Thanks tactical, I'm going to check out your grow journals.

The key to when you flip is plant height and light penetration. I usually flip my girls between 12-24" and I do various types of training to keep the canopy level. Plants will go through a phase known as the stretch which usually last about 30 days and plant will double to triple in height. I am only running one light though. You have a little more flexibility having 2 lights and more room.

I can flower 4-6 plants in my space yet I like to keep it at 3-4 plants. My journals will explain my set ups really well as it has grown from the first grow to the current one which I am doing nine week flips. So far so good.

I think you will be okay and I definitely recommend getting a grow journal up soon so you can get help from more experienced members.

I still consider myself a noob and would not have the success I have had thus far if it was not for the amazing members on this site.

Welcome aboard SIR. have been through the cancer thing twice, but not myself. My gal and her mom both had breast cancer and mine is just finishing the reconstruction part and it has helped in more ways than one for me, dealing with chronic back and neck pain but being able to make them edibles has been a true blessing none of the pain pills were good, she could not take them it was take them and then vomit so I went the herbal route and it has all been good, your are here amonst some great people ask and you will get the answer. Peace OG.

Tanks OG. If SIR means male person, then I must say I am a woman :thumb::thumb::thumb: glad to hear your gal and her mom have benefitted from the medicine. I want to make the oil but now just vape for sleep and pain

Question: what size rock wool cubes should I use for clones that may have to wait for 6 weeks in veg for my next grow. I purchased 4" but think they may be too big for soil transplanting?

I do not use rock wool but know that you can cut them down to 2"x2". That is what a lot of people do. :)

Back
Top Bottom