Hi questions on mushroom compost

can I put a shovel full of mushroom compost around each hemp plant when planting outside? its a new field and plants are 6 weeks old. planting 1200 plants. I dig like a foot deep and thinking it wouldn't hurt putting it in the hole. Any thoughts?

Your planting 1200 plants, and asking for advice

Shouldn't you have it all dialed in before you get to that size of a grow
I had soil testing but it’s time to plant. Mine are close to planting and. Someone dropped me off 200 more yesterday. Rain and more rain here so I’m behind. So everyone saying use mushroom compost that’s why I am asking if I put some in each hole so I am asking you growers out there if it’s going to help them. My loader digs about a foot hole 8 inches wide. So a shovel full won’t fill the hole up it will be around the 4 inch peat pots. Thanks for the reply

Mushroom compost is a bit suspect to me. Its the leftover from shroom cultivation. The nutrients are mostly spent and may have pesticide residue if its not organic. Its mostly peat so as a soil conditioner it will help with water retention. Its different than compost that is generally used, so for soil conditioning its ok but wont provide nutrition and microbial benefits.

Mushroom compost is basically wheat straw & horse manure with added chalk which can contain trace values of N, P, K along with micro nutrients with a good helping of humus.

As organic matter go's it will help improve soil fertility whilst improving moisture holding properties of the medium you are growing.

can I put a shovel full of mushroom compost around each hemp plant when planting outside? its a new field and plants are 6 weeks old. planting 1200 plants. I dig like a foot deep and thinking it wouldn't hurt putting it in the hole. Any thoughts?
I would add a inch with some mycorrhiza so when the roots touch it there’s no shock and they take off and helps absorb water and nutrients a lot better.

Mushroom compost is a bit suspect to me. Its the leftover from shroom cultivation. The nutrients are mostly spent and may have pesticide residue if its not organic. Its mostly peat so as a soil conditioner it will help with water retention. Its different than compost that is generally used, so for soil conditioning its ok but wont provide nutrition and microbial benefits.
It’s not from shrooms, it’s mushrooms that have been mixed with a compost pile which are high in phosphorus and potassium which will benefit a plant no matter what. If it were straight p. Cubansis it probably wouldn’t be good for the plant, there there’s alot of benifical mushrooms ppl eat that have enzymes and benifical fungi.

Back
Top Bottom